Like Minded Lushes - August 2015

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Been busy and out of the office the last day and a half!

Weekend was semi lushy. I didn't stick to beer on Friday. I had liquor, ginger beer, and wine. And got pretty drunk. Was hangin a little Saturday till after lunch. We went to a family party at Eric's cousins who has a SWEEEEET house and pool. I bet he had 40 bottles of open liquor available plus tons of beer. And a slushy machine with a sweet daiquiri and frozen mojitos. I had 3 frozen drinks (don't think they were that strong), 2 cocktails, and took one home that I didn't finish. I fell asleep watching Paretnhood at 10:30. Sunday I had a half glass of wine with lunch and a ginger beer.

Monday - Got done with my hearing early. Had 2 hours all alone so after much thought, I decided I'd go for a quick run, then go to the coffee shop for a glass of wine and reading outdoors. 1 minute into my run I tripped and feel on the sidewalk and scraped about a quarter size area of flesh off each knee and skinned my hands. So I spent over half hour of my 2 free hours looking for band aids and cleaning my wounds. So I felt sorry for myself and drank a cocktail. Then went for band aids and wine before I picked up my kids. Eric was at a buddy's till 8 so I drank 2 glasses of wine and another cocktail and then had 2 more glasses when he got home. So Monday was a 6.

The weather is amazing here: 70s and low humidity, so I may have a cocktail or 2 tonight on the deck. This week is strawberry vodka and I've bee mixing with coconut sparkling water.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-1 vodka and sprite
    Wednesday-not sure maybe one???
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Monday - 2.5 beers
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - will be 0

I'm so happy today is Wednesday already! My hubby and I leave for San Francisco in 14 days!!!! OMG, I'm so excited. We'll be celebrating our 4 year wedding anniversary.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Fun trip bridget!!
    Monday -0
    Tuesday -0
    Another today? Back to physical therapy for the shoulder... I'm hoping I didn't lose too much progress while on vacay. Got on the scale and up a pound...expected worse so I'm pretty ok with that.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    That's awesome Bridget, sounds like a fun trip!!!

Syd, 1 lb...that's nothing!!!! Good luck at PT!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Have fun Bridget. Syd one pound should be easy to take off before Labor day. last night was a vodka rocks night cap and that was all. pretty good for me.
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Syd, only 1 lb after vacay? That is pretty awesome I think! :)

I'm super stoked for my trip! Already bought tickets for Alcatraz and everything! WOO HOO!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    3 beers last night. One was a 22 oz Oberon but it was one glass. :drinker: Also had a pumpkin beer and one of those hard root beers. Maybe a 0 tonight but more than likely a pumpkin beer. It's feeling fall like here.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-1 vodka and sprite
    Wednesday-Lenny stopped by my office, and since I was the only one here, we went for a drink....had TWO old fashions. Then I sipped on a vodka tonic at home...3 drinks
    Thursday-???
  • rjadams
    Options
    3 appletini on rocks. It was just that kind of day.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 6
    Tuesday - 3
    Wednesday - a pumpkin beer and a strawberry vodka with coconut sparkling water = 2

Probably a couple drinks tonight and Friday. Saturday we're visiting friends and I'll be hanging with my friend and the kids by the pool all day while the guys golf so I'll probably sip some beer and have wine later.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-1 vodka tonic
    Wednesday-2 old fashions and a vodka tonic
    Thursday-2 vodka tonics
    Tonight, we are going out to dinner with my parents, spending the night then heading to our cousin's annual Beer, Bourbon, BBQ Saturday!
    Sunday-I must prep food for our camping trip and then only two days of work next week, WOOHOO!!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 6
    Tuesday - 3
    Wednesday - 2
    Thursday - 3 glasses of rose', 2 cocktails, 1/2 a beer. I'll call it a 5. We were up around the fire till about 11 with the neighbors and didn't go to bed till midnight. I'm sleepy today but feel fine otherwise.

I'm really going to try to just have a couple beers tonight. Then September I'm really going to try to cut back on the booze during the week since we have so much going during the weekends. Labor Day, parents visiting, 21 Pilots in Indy, my birthday weekend..... Then it's October and time for all the fall fests and also Eric's birthday/our anniversary. I love this time of year!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Where the heck did August go?
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    It's hot as balls here.
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-a bottle of wine
    Thursday-0
    Friday-??
    Not a bad week. I'm in a post vacay funk...I think the weather isn't helping. Got in a good workout today so that should help.
    Oh and the shoulder is still improving. 116% better on certain movements. Still cant reach behind me at all but I'm happy with the progress I've made.
    Happy weekend everyone!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Friday I had 32 ounces of sour beer and 2 glasses of wine. In bed before 11.

Saturday I drank a 6 pack during afternoon/early evening (I know....it sounds kind of terrible) and then drank about 5 glasses of wine. I was pretty drunk.

I had 2 beers yesterday.

I'm really going to try to log some 0's this week.

So I think I have told you all of our plans to go to South Beach for Eric's 40th birthday next October. He is determined to get into really good shape starting on his 39th birthday. So it looks like we are going to make an effort to be healthier (including drinking much less) in the coming year. Not that we're going to be T totallers, but there's no reason to have 11 drinks in one day.......

Have a great week all!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Syd, great news about the shoulder!!!!

Friday-7 cocktails
    Saturday-who even knows...beers, lots and lots of beers
    Sunday-3 rum cocktails and 4 beers??
    Going for a zero tonight and tomorrow and then Wednesday we are off for my Bday camping trip :bigsmile:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hey Syd, you guys almost sweated out the Seahawks in that heat. Meanwhile up here everyone is drenched and without power. I was fortunate and only lost it for about 6 hours during Saturday night but my coworker is going on 48 hours and may not get it back for another 48.

I didn't drink much this weekend. White wine Saturday night with dinner. Coffee with Baileys for breakfast and then one vodka night cap before bed. I guess our summer is over. Bring on September.
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Friday - 4 beers & 2 glasses of wine
    Saturday - 4 beers
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - will be 0..and 0's until Friday!

T-minus 9 days until San Francisco!! I need to go shopping for some clothes to where while out there since I won't be in Kansas anymore & the weather will be so pleasant and beautiful!! EEEEEEK!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thanks Kate! I'm so glad to have regained movement and the pain is improved...it was pretty horrible for a while. Sounds like you're all set for your birthday...woohoo!
    Ashley getting healthy is a good plan...start now because it gets harder in your 50's!
    Mama lush...I can't even with the Chargers. They'll be in LA next year so I may have to adopt your team :)
    Bridget San Francisco can get chilly. You know the saying...the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco! Fun city tho :smile:
    I drank 2 bottles of wine Friday with the husband but I think I had most of it. 0 Saturday. 2 glasses last night. Now that the heatwave is finally out of here maybe I can sleep better and get in some exercise this week.
    Have a good one lushes!