Moms Needing to Lose 50+?

Options

Replies

• lizjreynolds1
    lizjreynolds1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m in this club. My 2 nd baby is 11 months old and I need to lose 50+ lbs. started at 218 now 211!
  • Jovannamn
    Jovannamn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a two year old baby girl. I was 240 in May, I now weight 210. Still need to lose 60 pounds to be pre-pregnancy. At the very least another 30 by summer (still wont catch me in a two piece though)
  • kellycolleen20
    kellycolleen20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    My 4th and last baby is about 7mos old. At the end of lactating, I was 10 lbs more than my former maximum. I had willingly thrown caution to the wind whilst breastfeeding on the excuse of making fatty rich milk for the lil guy. That's over now! I started February 1st to diet and exercise and have already lost 11 lbs. :) I know it'll get harder. I once lost 56 lbs between the 2nd and 3rd babies, and ended in a never-ending plateau... two babies later, I have my body back to myself for the rest of my life and it's time to make some improvements!
    5'5"
    SW (Feb 1): 244
    CW (Feb 22): 233
    UGW: 125
    Just put it in my calculator, have already lost a little over 9% of what I wanna lose! All I'm doing so far is not pigging out at every opportunity and taking long walks as often as I can, up to once a day. The weather has been crazy lately, so it's not been a lot this 3rd week. I know I'll have to add more strategies soon, but so far it's working well. I'm a stay-at-home mum, so it can be hard to have will power, like I'll have the last few bites of a couple of the kids' dinners. Just gotta keep motivated... My husband is wonderfully supportive and my kids range from 10yrs down to 7 mos.
  • dlmonzivaiz6110
    dlmonzivaiz6110 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mother of 3 with a SUPER BUSY! schedule wanting to lost about 50-60 lbs. looking for a group to keep me motivated!!! im 5'3 29 years old about 200lbs and wanting to get back down to my pre pregnancy weight!!1
  • TiffanyNicole421
    TiffanyNicole421 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be added. I will be 34 on April 21. I have three kids. They are 12, 9, and 6. I am 5'4" and weigh 164. Dropping weight has always been a struggle for me. I'd love to see 145 again. 130 would be a better number but I can't wrap my mind around how to get there.
  • rheinn1979
    rheinn1979 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've about 100 lbs to lose and 3 kids under 5. Omg, my day revolves around kids whining for junk food.
  • bl3ss3dmfp
    bl3ss3dmfp Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi you all! I feel like I likely was in this group a few years ago LOL but I have not been here in ages!

I actually am not sure exactly what I need to lose... Close to 50 MINIMUM. I have a Polar watch coming in the mail next week and I am going to order a new scale as well since the current one is dying. I am hovering around 229lbs and I want to get to at least 180, possibly 170s.

I little about me... I am mom to 5 little ones, my youngest JUST turned 1 in January. I homeschool (before it was mandatory) and I am a full time college student. I think in all the busyness I look to food, wine and sweets as my "break" and Mommy time... I need to start learning to prioritize exercise and sleep, asap. I would love some accountability partners on here!
  • soofast7602
    soofast7602 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bl3ss3dmfp wrote: »

I little about me... I am mom to 5 little ones, my youngest JUST turned 1 in January. I homeschool (before it was mandatory) and I am a full time college student. I think in all the busyness I look to food, wine and sweets as my "break" and Mommy time... I need to start learning to prioritize exercise and sleep, asap. I would love some accountability partners on here!

I home school too! Three girls, 8,5&1. I definitely treat myself with sweets at the end of the day when my kids are in bed and I put on one of my reality shows lol What’s your plan/goals to lose this weight? I just started keto, I thought I’d give it a try. I’ve cut gluten out of my diet for about 3-4 weeks before deciding to try it.
  • soofast7602
    Options
    Mother of 3 with a SUPER BUSY! schedule wanting to lost about 50-60 lbs. looking for a group to keep me motivated!!! im 5'3 29 years old about 200lbs and wanting to get back down to my pre pregnancy weight!!1

Almost the exact same details. Three kids, 31yo, 5’3” 205lbs I’d kill to be at my pre weight but I’d also want to go beyond that. 👊🏼
  • bl3ss3dmfp
    bl3ss3dmfp Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @soofast7602 I think my plan is to mainly watch my intake and exercise 5-6 days a week. Usually when Im exercising daily I dont want to ruin my work so I tend to eat better. I may consider low carb, but I cant do high fat because it makes me feel sick. Usually my version of low carb just means low starch-bread/pasta/rice... I never restrict fruit.
  • soofast7602
    Options
    bl3ss3dmfp wrote: »
    @soofast7602 I think my plan is to mainly watch my intake and exercise 5-6 days a week. Usually when Im exercising daily I dont want to ruin my work so I tend to eat better. I may consider low carb, but I cant do high fat because it makes me feel sick. Usually my version of low carb just means low starch-bread/pasta/rice... I never restrict fruit.

I have a hard time with over eating after working out. It always makes me more hungry and I make excuses too “I worked out I can have this” lol
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 50+ pounds. I am a 38 year old Mom of 3. I have 2 beautiful teenage girls and 13 month old boy.
    My Height- 5'9
    Starting weight- 244.6
    Current weight- 227.6
    Goal weight- As of right now I would just love to be under the 200 mark and then go from there.
  • time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 60 but would be THRILLED to lose 50! I am 30 with a threenager (boy) and 9 month old (girl). I was halfway to my goal before when I got pregnant with baby girl, so I know HOW to lose weight, it's just a matter of motivation and effort.

Same there!! I have a 4.5 and was maybe 168 last summer now seesawing around 225. Ive had a ton of health hiccups so that 168 was me sick in bed for 7 months which isn’t exactly a way to live life. :smiley:
  • SonyaGQuiles
    SonyaGQuiles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'll be starting my weight loss journey tomorrow morning. I'm currently at my heaviest, 235lbs wanting to drop 50-60lbs.. I'm tired of being tired, no energy. I'm a proud Mama of one energetic 5 year old girl. Would love for her to see the "best me." Would love to make friends here. <3
  • BelindaAClem
    BelindaAClem Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 34 years old, I weigh a little over 240 and need to lose 100+ lbs. I have four girls ages 15, 12, 9, and 7

I have been working hard to loose weight and recently rejoined here and struggling to lose weight. It seems it is always a yoyo trick. I lose 5 lbs to gain back three. I keep getting discouraged. Money is limited and I am a stay at home mom but I try to stay active.
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing?
  • Summersjourney2020
    Options
    I am 43, weighing in at 247 at 5'5" and need to lose 100. I have four kids, two on their own, one adopted out and the youngest is 13 year old going on 30 girl. I have been on this weight loss roller coaster since I was 10. I always thought I used the weight as a crutch to protect me from sexual abuse but now looking back I don't think that was why I gained so much weight. I am now walking three times a day and started on keto within the last week.
  • beccamagness
    beccamagness Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 37, will be 38 in November. I'm a working mom of 5, ages 15,13,12,8, and 7. I need to lose around 125-ish. I am down to 275, 5'2" and would like to get to 150 or smaller but 150 is the main goal. I am a Type 2 diabetic and I have iron deficient anemia.
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am 33 mom of 2 ages 14 and 11. The 14 year old is fully virtual for school and I’m working from home full time. The 11 year old is hybrid, in school 2 days a week and virtual 3 days a week. Plus we have a couple of dogs and cat and a plethora of chickens and everyone wants my attention all the time. I am not sure exactly how much I weight as I have to get batteries for my scale but at least 240 and I need to at least get under 200 then I’ll make a goal weight.
  • fit2save
    fit2save Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in my late 20's with 5 babies. My goal is to lose 90lbs.