Dietary fat

Options
2»

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I prefer jello fat bombs to cheesecake. Jello (SF flavor of choice), half the recipe of hot water (1 cup per box), then 1 cup of sour cream one cup of heavy whipping cream. I prefer to add a little extra unflavored gelatin and maybe one sweetener packet. Tastes like custard yogurt.

If I do the cream cheese bit with yogurt, I do one brick of cream cheese (8 oz), 1 stick of butter (4 oz), 1 box sugar free jello. DO NOT add water. It comes out tart and tangy like sour candy. I can't stand it with the jello dissolved. The texture is very offputting.

That being said, does anyone regularly include hemp hearts in their diet?
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I love hemp hearts and used to use them in my smoothies as well as hemp oil. We grow hemp where I live. I once found toasted salted hemp seeds that were delicious, on salads or just on their own. I love their mild nutty flavour. I must admit that I haven't been eating them as often as I used to.
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I prefer jello fat bombs to cheesecake. Jello (SF flavor of choice), half the recipe of hot water (1 cup per box), then 1 cup of sour cream one cup of heavy whipping cream. I prefer to add a little extra unflavored gelatin and maybe one sweetener packet. Tastes like custard yogurt.

If I do the cream cheese bit with yogurt, I do one brick of cream cheese (8 oz), 1 stick of butter (4 oz), 1 box sugar free jello. DO NOT add water. It comes out tart and tangy like sour candy. I can't stand it with the jello dissolved. The texture is very offputting.

That being said, does anyone regularly include hemp hearts in their diet?

What is a hemp heart?

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Where can I put my recipes on MFP?

On a computer, click here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/box

In the app, tap the ... dots at the bottom right and you will see a list of things. Tap My Recipes and Foods, and then tap the + at the top right to start adding a recipe.

I find it faster to import from a website that has a recipe close to what I am making, then adjust the ingredients.
  • jillmcafee
    jillmcafee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm not particularly low carb but: nuts, avocado, olives, whole fat cottage cheese.

This is me too. I go through about an avocado a day.