Motivation, accountability and support thread August 24 to 31, 2015

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
Good morning,

Last week was really slow here and it shows i think!

So get out posts your goals!

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    My goals this week
    1) keep logging everything all day
    2) get moving
    3) finish the kids school shopping
    4) clean my basement

I am so tired it was such a long weekend. I got more to say about it but i have to run again lol
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping things simple: add 5 minutes to my exercise time each day.
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Back to basics
    1. Log everything
    2. If dinner isn't a healthy one cooked by my spouse, cook myself some chicken for a wrap.
    3. Walk on my lunches
    4. Say no to craft service.
  • lokihen
    Options
    Violet, what is craft service?
  • violet456
    Options
    At my work, they provide all food. Everything possible, so to speak. Chocolate, candy, chips, popcorn, pretzels, cookies, cheese, yogurt, fruit, some veggies, cakes for morning coffee, sometimes ice cream sundae buffets, cheesecakes, pies....they say "don't buy food, don't have it in the house, you won't eat it" what happens when your work provides it for free.

Today I caved a bit and had some pretzels, sweet popcorn, and a mini aero chocolate. The past weekend I ate a fair amount of crap at home on Sunday when I was trying to eat better (breakfast and lunch and snack, ) but then dinner was Fish and Chips, bagged and boxed, not healthy. My wife doesn't see it what way, and doesn't understand when I say, if we are having something that unhealthy I would rather have a true cheat and have Chinese food (take out for portion control, rather than buffet) or something. Alas, she doesn't see that fish and chips is 0 nutrient, all bad calories, and it is her mums favorite meal, so we have it at least once a month. All that crap that has put me back to square one of craving it again. Which is harder to resist the work kitchen full of temptations.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Violet, I would never be able to work in such an environment. I imagine it is quite the temptation.

Goals:
    1). Walk daily
    2) log daily
    3) curves 3 times
    4). Stay positive as the school year starts with trainings

• kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this community. I just finished chemo therapy on June 15, so I am still working on trying to get my stamina back.

Goals:

1. Track everything I eat.
    2. Planet Fitness 3 times (I go on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday).
    3. Try not to be grumpy or down.
    4. Do one positive thing around the apartment each day.
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    1. Repair my bike (parts delivered Friday).
    2. Set up weight bench in the garage.
    3. Plan out weight lifting schedule/routine (leaning towards AllPro's routine).
    4. Complete the next week of C25K; had backed off for a little while.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this community. I just finished chemo therapy on June 15, so I am still working on trying to get my stamina back.

Goals:

LOVE #3! I struggle with maintaining my generally positive attitude this time of year as the school year starts. My stress levels go from "okay I can deal with this" to "I'm one second from implosion" overnight. I put #3 on post its at home and at work to remind me to cope with the extra stress instead of letting it build up til I turn surly and grumpy.

As far as my goals go, with 4 days of leading 8 hour very active training sessions, I may not get to the gym this week; I am exhausted every night and getting 10,000 + steps in so I'm giving in to the temptation to go home, eat and fall into bed for a nap before I get up to prepare for the next day, log here, do laundry and back to bed.

Welcome Kai!

ScrAgnX, glad to read you are getting your bike fixed as I believe it's been on your list a couple of weeks. And I hope you live somewhere the weather allows you to ride for awhile!

How is everyone else doing?

Be well!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Goals:

Welcome!!!! Great goals!!! I'm new, 41 yrs married, 65, 200 to lose. I have lost 5 which makes it 195 to lose!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Your gotta give stroke a chance == only a nibble of food put you off it.

Be better, get better!
  • violet456
    Options
    Not the best choices this morning. Work provided Tim Horton's breakfast sandwiches and hash browns today. I couldn't resist (skipped the hash though). Because I had eaten breakfast at home, I had one for my morning snack *Which I haven't really been having as of late. Now I'm feeling nauseous. Tasted ok, but not sure if it is worth the calories nor this stomach upset. Arg.
  • kaihunter45
    Options
    @violet456 I hope you are feeling better soon!

Hi Everyone! It's great to meet you all! I'm not sure why, but my doctor says there's science to back this up, when I cut down my calories I tend to get grumpy. After a couple of months I'm fine but those first few months of counting calories and limiting portions can turn me into a cranky bear!

As for my week so far:
    1. I've tracked everything (OK so my hubby has helped!),
    2. I've been to the gym Tues and Thurs now I just have Saturday to go,
    3. I've only went off on one person and she sorta deserved it.
    4. Ok, so I haven't done anything around the house. My hubby tells me that now is my time to heal myself, and adjust to being back to work full-time. I do plan a massive laundry pa-looza this weekend.

Take care of yous!
    Options
    Why haven't u done housework??? I'm sick of cooking n housework, but I have been married 41 years. Do you have to go back full-time? I truly miss working, semi retired isn't fun!! You take care Gayle Gallagher Minneapolis
  • Everlost_
    Everlost_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there. .Kinda new here but wanted to join in...

Goals for the week
    1. Track everything
    2. Stay under calories and carbs each day
    3. Walk a bit more each day than the one before.
  • lokihen
    Options
    Hi Everyone! It's great to meet you all! I'm not sure why, but my doctor says there's science to back this up, when I cut down my calories I tend to get grumpy. After a couple of months I'm fine but those first few months of counting calories and limiting portions can turn me into a cranky bear!

Take care of yous!

Is that what's wrong with me? Lol.
  • violet456
    Options
    @violet456 I hope you are feeling better soon!

I get that way too, I chalked it up to sugar withdrawal. Lasts a good 2-3 weeks that is very bad and eases off from there.
  • kaihunter45
    Options
    17761776 wrote: »
    Why haven't u done housework??? I'm sick of cooking n housework, but I have been married 41 years. Do you have to go back full-time? I truly miss working, semi retired isn't fun!! You take care Gayle Gallagher Minneapolis

I found out I had leukemia in January. I finished chemo in mid June, but I'm still taking maintenance drugs that make me really tired. I work for the Commonwealth and I used my FMLA entitlement for the year so I had to go back to work or lose my health insurance, which would have been very bad.

I'm sorry you aren't happy with semi retired. I'm not sure how I would feel about that too.
    Options
    Omg!!!! You have thr right to take care of yourself!!!! My husband is a attorney, he works with insurance. He claims they are the " devil heart". If I can help let me know. Where are you at??? I'm Minnesota, 10000 lakes n snow!! I wish for you loving kindness. I wish for you peace. I wish for you good health. I wish for you love. Gayle Minneapolis
  • kaihunter45
    Options
    @Gayle Thank you so much. I'm doing much better now. I'm in Pennsylvania.