Face to face Friday!

Options

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    very inspiring pics indeed. Just curious if all were following low carb (less than 20 carbs) during this period. Will be helpful to get insight into your success stories - what worked for you, what didnt, who inspired you to start LCD etc

I try to stay under 20-25.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 10-20 carbs per day. I found this woe of mfp. Am still learning to use the site to my benefit, but will get there! The friends I have made here have been amazing! This is the best support group I've ever been a part of!
  • pondsbb
    pondsbb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!

I personally keep above 50 g a day but under 100. There was a short period where I was falling under 50 not knowing it was what may have been making me feel bad. Rolling in and out of keto flu.

I have only been doing this a couple months and am looking for very slow losses. I believe it is happening without going keto.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    That's one of the beauties about lc. Any lc that works for you is cheered by all here!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I'm 80 or less carbs all from vegetables

No cake or brownies.

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options

No cake or brownies.

I forget, what's cake or brownies. :D

• KittensMaster
    Options

No cake or brownies.

I forget, what's cake or brownies. :D

Pure addictive evil!!!

Ha!

• JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    License photos...2009 vs 2012, 100# difference. I took most of it off in the months following the first pic & then took a break & maintained before taking the last 20#.

Up 20# now (new position at work two years ago led to bad stress eating) & getting back down again now, easy peasy. I was always thin, gained this weight in my late 20's...took until my late 30's to do something about it, including booting a bad relationship. So, in essence, I lost 360#. :wink:

jux21rymf9ed.jpg
  • KittensMaster
    Options
    Nice job!!!

Great progress pics

They really show your work
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    License photos...2009 vs 2012, 100# difference. I took most of it off in the months following the first pic & then took a break & maintained before taking the last 20#.

Up 20# now (new position at work two years ago led to bad stress eating) & getting back down again now, easy peasy. I was always thin, gained this weight in my late 20's...took until my late 30's to do something about it, including booting a bad relationship. So, in essence, I lost 360#. :wink:

jux21rymf9ed.jpg

That is amazing. You look like your own daughter in the second picture!!! Congrats.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thanks!

I have a hard time looking at pics of myself. When I was gaining weight, I still saw the same small person in the mirror, like my brain wouldn't process the reflection, but show me a pic...ugh, clear as day. That left license photo above was the initial motivation to get my butt in gear & do something about it starting that week it was taken. I was disgusted with what I had done to myself.

The entire journey was done VLC with mostly walking, some jogging as exercise and generally keeping active.

Everyone is doing a great job here!
  • inspirationstation
    Options
    915kat wrote: »
    May to right now. I've lost 25 lbs and didnt think I lost much. Wow. 2015-31-8--22-13-45.png

Well, you are wrong. You can EASILY tell. :)

I find all of your pictures very encouraging. Your hard work has paid off and y'all look fantastic!

• KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I need to take a new one, from before Low carb to low carb, but this is about the heaviest pic I could find with a pic from a couple months ago...

lxjo8ui2wrrj.png
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time looking at pics of myself. When I was gaining weight, I still saw the same small person in the mirror, like my brain wouldn't process the reflection, but show me a pic...ugh, clear as day.!

I did that too! Hated pictures but in the mirror I could overlook it somehow.

Awesome job! You needed a new ID picture - you're almost unrecognizable.

@915kat 25lbs made a HUGE difference. Wow!

@KnitOrMiss Amazing! How much loss is that? It looks like a lot!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @915kat and @JodehFoster, those are formidable transformations! Way to go!

It's like the LCHF fairy godmother came along and airbrushed everyone. So awesome.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    My first attempt at posting photos here. I realized I always hid my face behind hair or other people before or else took selfies from weird angles so I'd look less chubby. This, if it works, is shortly after I started (left) and today. Not a huge difference except less puffiness. I am noticing contours in the mirror that I haven't seen in years though!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Ugh, so that didn't work. Curse curse curse (at my phone). 7g1dn3v9skgj.jpg
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Ugh, so that didn't work. Curse curse curse (at my phone).

there is actually a huge difference

ETA: you look great!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I have a hard time looking at pics of myself. When I was gaining weight, I still saw the same small person in the mirror, like my brain wouldn't process the reflection, but show me a pic...ugh, clear as day.!

I did that too! Hated pictures but in the mirror I could overlook it somehow.

Awesome job! You needed a new ID picture - you're almost unrecognizable.

@915kat 25lbs made a HUGE difference. Wow!

@KnitOrMiss Amazing! How much loss is that? It looks like a lot!

@nvmomketo Actually, I think when I looked closely, it was only a total of 30 pounds between the two pictures, but it was completely and utterly different diets, medications, marital status (thank the gods!), and other contributing factors. I had a huge amount of inflammation and bad foods... It's so hard to explain. This older picture was from 2007-2008, whereas I didn't hit my heaviest medically recorded weight until 2010. I just looked heavier back in that time window... I'll try to find one from right before I started LCHF in January to now soon...
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Love to see all these pictures. Mine is not as dramatic as most but here it is:

3cnb8s9tcal3.jpg

Aug 2014 to Sep 2015. I'm down about 40 lbs today.