SEPTEMBER Challenge

Options
124»

Replies

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Joell's suggestions really ring true. When I'd hit a logjam, emotional or dietary, I'd preplan the meals and snacks (snacks!). It made me feel I was in control of SOMETHING. And I agreed with myself not to beat myself up if I went off target. Because the target is still there. It doesn't go away, it's just waiting to be reached.
    I haven't been able to get onto this portion of the Community for the last several days because there's a programming issue via the phone, and I rarely get onto the computer. Sorry I was late to offer encouragement, Reba. My sincere apologies.
    Forgot to weigh myself yesterday. Was near the bottom of the 6-pound range of maintenance.
    Met all goals except Thursday, which was a high steps day, but dh was so tired he needed to sleep before I could get my PT done.
    Off the cortisone!!!!!! Doctor called in a prescription for just in case and the pharmacy filled it, but I had them put the pills back as they cost hundreds now I'm in the "gap" for prescriptions. I have a few left for just in case. Sort of like carrying an umbrella to keep it from raining. ;-)
    Keep on logging, ya'll. You can meet and maintain your goals!
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Yay, Kathy!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sharon, and - super news re: the cortisone!! ~ Kathy
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Sharon so happy to hear you don't have to have the cortisone. That is HUGE.
  • patnj
    patnj Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Goal:
    a) Go from 5000 to 10000 steps / day (Recovering from broken ankle - full weight bearing now for 14 days )
    b) Go for 1#/wk. ( 4 # down from today )
    c) Explore free weight regime at home
    Results:
    a) .. I'm averaging 7000 now - every 2 days I do about 7 miles. It's what my ankle seems to handle. I'm actually pleased with this
    b) Utter FAIL ... same weight as before. too much company. too much good food and wine. Guess I should be happy it didn't go up
    c) Weights? what weights? ( oh yeah... those on the floor over there ... maybe next month)
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Pat, no fail there! Getting the steps up takes time. Awesome that you've increased them so much! And keeping weight stable with the company sounds like a big win!
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Early month end check in. Met 5 mile step distance goal every day but one. Posture still ehhhh. Doing PT almost every day. Getting bored with routine, so am adjusting it a bit for variety. Did resistance training 3 times a week. Met cardio walk goal, sometimes doing it inside. Still learning how to eat to maintenance.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    October soon. Time to close the books on the September challenge I didn't complete. October will be dedicated to helping/healing(?) my right knee - an injury acquired while dancing at DD's graduation on September 12th.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    End of month results:

September Challenge

Follow my strength training program, developed by my trainer, I meet with her later this week to determine what will be added and subtracted from what I am currently doing. Along with her program for me I will continue to attend Body Flex classes, at least once a week and also continue using the core exercise alternatives to crunches. The goal of all this is to increase my weights and to be down another inch around my waist by the end of September.

I did follow the dumbell part of the program, but due to DH's health issues, I did not use the fitness center weight room machines in Sept. I did increase the weights, so everything I do is atleast 8 lbs, except for shoulder work, I am not supposed to up that currently, so stayed with lighter weights for that.

I also did both body flex classes every week this month. I also did the no crunches core training videos @3x a week all month. I enjoy doing those, so they get done, funny that!

Oh almost forgot the waist meaurement, I did a check mid month and was down .5 in. I have not done the final one will post it when hubby takes my measurements after the first of the Oct. even if I haven't gone down any more I am pretty happy with the .5 in. gone :)

I am off to post the Oct thread.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I did break the 142 mark, but not by much: 141.5. Better than going up!
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My September challenge was a bust. Took my hiatus from the group and focused on some needed changes. Onward and upward to a new month!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Way to go GMCharlie. You met your goal and that is such a good NSV.
  • mxchana
    Options
    I got better and better at reaching my goals in September, although not perfect - and I have released some of the weight I regained so I feel good about my efforts overall.

We just have to keep trying - we don't have to be perfect! See y'all over in the October Challenge. ~ Kathy
  • janmoulder2
    janmoulder2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Walk 5 miles a week.
    Do my Super Body workout 5 times a week.
    Meditate at least 5 times a week.
    Keep doing what I'm doing with diet.

Walk 5 miles/week. Beat this goal to shreds! I averaged over 8 miles/week.
    Super Body workout: bust...I enjoyed it at first, but I just hate getting all sweaty. I'm going to have to get over that because I feel so much better when I workout hard.
    Meditate: Oh yeah!! 7 days a week, sometimes twice a day!! I love it! My safe retreat.
    Diet: Continuing on track, staying within calorie goals and very little snacking.

I'm pleased and ready to keep on keepin' on.

• mxchana
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Fantastic job, Jan! Here's to beating more goals to shreds in October! ~ Kathy
  • lew0017
    lew0017 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Didn't make all my goals for Sept. But I finally lost a inch in my waist and half inch in my hips. But this is the biggest thing I discovered, when I started again in Feb of this year my percent of body fat was 34% and my BMI was 25. My body fat is now 22% an my BMI is 22.4, that makes me feel great about what I have lost so far.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Lew that is a great result since just Feb.! You must be doing it RIGHT. Yea, YOU!!!
  • janmoulder2
    janmoulder2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is incredible Lew. Gives me hope.
  • lew0017
    lew0017 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks, This is the first time I have been able to make this kind of progress, usually I lose about five pounds then quit because its too hard. This time I changed tactics. I truly believe it is the result of finally conquering my pre-diabetes and the 16:8 fasting. Yippee!