Options
13»

Replies

• KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    It is an imbalanced diet

I steer clear of gimmicks.

Cleanses and single item fasts make no nutritional sense to me.

I need a real diet.
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    @Mami1976D I lost 3 initially, then gained 2 back. But I did overdo carbs on weekend. Then was down 2 before the whole "as your stomach turns" episode. I 've been playing with 2 stupid lbs for a month now. Will go back LCHF tomorrow & keep with that. Was still not feeling great today, so Epsom salt bath tonight (magnesium) & chicken broth & salt tomorrow. Really wasn't minding the eggs until I got sick, was so simple.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Sk8Kate wrote: »
    @Mami1976D I lost 3 initially, then gained 2 back. But I did overdo carbs on weekend. Then was down 2 before the whole "as your stomach turns" episode. I 've been playing with 2 stupid lbs for a month now. Will go back LCHF tomorrow & keep with that. Was still not feeling great today, so Epsom salt bath tonight (magnesium) & chicken broth & salt tomorrow. Really wasn't minding the eggs until I got sick, was so simple.

Hope you feel better soon

• stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I didn't do the crepes, I was worried about the sweetener so soon. I had the buffalo omelet again. The eggs in the muffin pan didn't really work for me, I used 1/2 the recipe that way, and they were too fluffy, so I used the rest to make a thin crepe like omelet with the cream cheese and hot sauce, and that was really good.
    Sk8Kate wrote: »

I hope the chicken broth helps you bounce back quickly!

It is an imbalanced diet

I steer clear of gimmicks. Cleanses and single item fasts make no nutritional sense to me. I need a real diet.

I understand, to each their own. It took me a long time to try it, and once I did I found out it was pretty easy for me that week because I was so focused on something. The main reason I am doing it now is to get back into Ketosis, which I also recognize I could do with eating meat and very low carb. For me it isn't even the carbs that knock me down, it is the need for snacking. If I can get over not eating when I am not hungry, I'll be golden. :)
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    @KittensMaster, it is not intended to be a long-term thing. It's basically a way of resetting yourself, which I needed after the way my August went. But it's all about finding what works best for you, and obviously that's different than what may work for me.

To update on my current attempt at egg fasting: I ran out of eggs! Silly me for making breakfast for hubby too a few days in a row. I would have had enough for at least one more day. So I'm back on regular LCHF. I went WAY over on calories yesterday, because I had finished out my day at 8 eggs and 5 oz cheese and 5 oz fat, but I realized I was out of eggs and was going to have to transition anyway; so I made burgers for hubby and myself and, because I was still hungry (probably because I hadn't had enough fat for the day), I ate a delicious cheeseburger with half an avocado, mayo, mustard, and a couple baby dill pickles. The end result was MFP telling me I would gain weight over the next 5 weeks. But, haha, MFP, I was actually down 0.8 lb this morning. Whatever--the scale goes up, the scale goes down. Eventually the scale goes down further than before. I'm still 2 lbs away from the 50-lb mark, but I'm happy.
  • stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Whatever--the scale goes up, the scale goes down. Eventually the scale goes down further than before.

Ahh.. truer words have never been spoken. I am lucky to have chickens. :) I was getting close to running out, but when I went to collect eggs this morning they gave me 6! I hard boiled a dozen last night, so I should get through with out having to buy any.

• DianaElena76
    Options
    Oh, I am so jealous! Although truth be told I really wanted some meat anyway. If I had eggs, I'd still be eating eggs.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    It is an imbalanced diet

I need a real diet.

It's not a long term thing, and it's not supposed to be used in a gimmicky way. It's a tool that some use to get back on track and can help, because its strictness takes the guesswork out of things.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    It is an imbalanced diet

I need a real diet.

It's not a long term thing, and it's not supposed to be used in a gimmicky way. It's a tool that some use to get back on track and can help, because its strictness takes the guesswork out of things.

This. I needed to simplify in order to get back on track.