I've got another convert!

Options
2»

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @ShootingStar72 below is a link to other links that may lead you to other links. There is a youtube video of a cancer conference in England and the speaker is a German doctor and he had graphs of how BioBran improved the outcome of chemotherapy and I will look for it later.

I find talking with families that I have personally known for years can be very touchy even with my OD degree and the ability to follow medical research. While I read stories about Stage 4 cancer patients making a full recovery the fact remains Preventing Cancer Is Worth a Ton of Cancer Treatments.

While I now stay in nutritional ketosis for pain management at my age I would do keep doing it just lower my risk of diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer's, etc related to high glucose, high triglycerides, low HLD and low Vitamin D3 levels in my case. We are all different but I do think we can all learn the diet that gives us the best health. I hope the kid with cancer gets cured.

https://google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS611US612&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=biobran%20test%20results%20with%20cancer%20germany
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    Some diabetics have the mentality will chow down on carb foods and "just take more insulin..tha't's what it is for", think a pill will save them..then when they have to deal with toxic drugs to survive they scoff at nutrition still.

Lol - my stepfather thinks of insulin as an "antidote". Cheesecake? Sure - let me get a shot first.

That's what the ADA teaches. Cover your carbs. They're after the most compliance they can get with
    the least inconvenience to the patient.

When I was first diagnosed they mentioned the side effects but it was talked about lightly.
    It was something that took a long time to develop.
    I'm guessing they didn't want to scare us off. 32 years ago it was take this pill and don't worry
    too much about it.

Well looking back, & taking many many pills those side effects did catch up with me.
    I'm not saying I'm blameless but I sure could have been better educated, particularly
    about diet.
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @GaleHawkins Thanks for the links! I hope over this holiday weekend to have time to read through. I agree talking to others, including family can be very touchy. I typically do not talk about woe or wol to others unless the topic comes up on their end, or they are lamenting about a health problem. But I drop it if no interest is shown. So many people I would like to convert! But then again I was not ready a year ago for this woe. All in due time :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Let's face it, the ADA can't very well say that lowering insulin need and presence in the body leads to a healthier, leaner body. They might have to admit that consumption of carbs could have something to with poor health and obesity if they did that.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    So true. :(