September morning coffee and gratitude!

Options
We are into September- my favorite month. I am grateful that September still fills me with ambition and makes me believe anything is possible. The warm days and cool nights fill me with ambition. The thought of all my favorite holidays coming soon, fills me with anticipation. The slowly coloring landscape makes my world beautiful. Thank you God, for blessing us with the beautiful season of fall! :)

Replies

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Yes this is a terrific month. The hot weather securely is passing. Cool breezes refresh.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Thankful hubby is feeling well enough to go out and run errands by himself. He hates having someone else drive him. He has gone to Home Depot for a part to fix a problem with the sink, he had taken that apart while I was doing a yoga tape upstairs.

I'm also thankful I found some more "new" clothes, smaller sizes stashed away, I really needed some new tops and wanted some more shorts as well, found a nice supply in a box I had forgotten about in the spare closet. Even biking outfits, one fits great the other one will need at least 10 lbs. more gone off of me to fit, but I am stoked about the one that fits nicely. Last bike ride I realized my jean shorts don't work well with the bike seat, too much chaffing going on for a comfy ride.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo! Great NSV, Joell!

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    We are into September- my favorite month... Thank you God, for blessing us with the beautiful season of fall! :)

Amen! My favorite is coming up, October - but fall is definitely my favorite season too. ~ Kathy

• mxchana
    Options
    Thankful hubby is feeling well enough to go out and run errands by himself. ...

I'm also thankful I found some more "new" clothes, smaller sizes stashed away, ...

Great turn of events on both counts! ~ Kathy

• janmoulder2
    janmoulder2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What a great find Joell!!! I bet that was a fun box to go through. Early Christmas!

I'm feeling grateful for 'second chances' and that we always can have them...even '4th or 5th chances.' 'As many as it takes' chances.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I am grateful I live somewhere that has coyotes, herons, and all kinds of other interesting creatures to entertain me on my walks. Last night, it was a raccoon, but we never know what we will see.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    We are in a suburban area, yet we have the same wildlife: deer, coyotes, raccoons, skunks, oppossums, herons, turkeys, geese, etc. In our case though, some become such nuisances! Oppossums and raccoons make messes in garbage cans. Costs a fortune to get a raccoon out of your attic' Neighbors can't let dogs out at night because of skunks. Geese make huge messes everywhere. Turkeys don't move for anything. And coyotes and deer jump out in front of cars. But like you, I love to see them all. Well, maybe not the skunks! And raccoons can live somewhere other than my house!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I'm suburban area as well, park at the end of our street. And ya, they can be a pain sometimes, but over all it is fun to have them around. I could do without the goose poop in the winter all over the sidewalks though :)
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello to all mfp friends!! I'm so thankful for all of you. I love September I get excited about the upcoming fall and all the changes to come! I wish everyone a great Sept 15 :)
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    So great to see the humor and positive attitude. It's cooling down to give us great walking weather.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    It is a sunny day here, no smoke haze for a couple of days. Temp will be 80ish, I am going to finish logging and walk over to the fitness center for my Zumba Gold class this morning, it is perfect walking weather for me.

Make great choices today everyone.
  • janmoulder2
    Options
    Nice weather, Joell! We are having lots and lots of rain here west of the Cascades. The burn ban was lifted Labor Day weekend. We had lots of 'happy campers.' The ban is still in effect in Eastern Washington.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    I'm grateful that the weather has been perfect for the past week. We have rain in the forecast, but I have been enjoying the outdoors and the trails in the park/woods so much that I have substituted it entirely for the gym. The gym will be there for rainy and cold days.

I am also grateful that my Tai Chi instructors, who volunteer their time! I have finally got the 108 moves in order memorized. I feel better when I do Tai Chi. Here is a Harvard medical article about all the research involving the many, many, many benefits of Tai Chi: health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-health-benefits-of-tai-chi

Also grateful for medical technology. I don't have to see the cardiologist for one year!
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Well I see we have a lot of September lovers! For me, its October and I am excited to be sitting on the brink of it. This is the month when I truly miss upstate NY where I grew up and lived until I was 30. Ahhh, the leaves, how I miss them! I have been in the south since then - AL, NC, and FL. We do not have much in the line of seasonal change here in Panama City, but we do have some. I was delighted at the burst of cool air when I let the dogs out at 6 this morning. And it will be cool and "Fall feeling" enough for me to make chili to have with the football game today. One of my biggest thrills here though, that I never had elsewhere, is that the tourists will be gone!!! Now we will be able to cross the bridge and go to Panama City Beach to enjoy the restaurants and shopping for the next few months and it will be just locals and snowbirds! lol
  • retirehappy
    Options
    GMCharlie, congrats on learning all those moves in the correct order, a huge task, well done. And congrats on not needed to revisit the cardiologist as well.

DreamON, the tourists are slowed down here as well. Locals can now visit Rocky Mnt. Park without sitting in line for an hour. Autumn is the best.
  • mxchana
    Options
    And the onset of fall means - soup is back! Love soup... Kathy
  • janmoulder2
    Options
    Oh, yeah! Soup is the best, especially homemade. Nutritious and delicious! In the summer we do salad and in the winter, soup. I've been into cooking comfort food this week....chicken and dumplings, beef, rice and corn casserole and, last night, PIZZA!! Tonight is roast turkey with kale and butternut squash. Then I can make my turkey carcass soup.
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fall is wonderful & I'm really grateful for it. The color change here in Illinois has only barely begun. The big change for me is that this is my first week of retirement! Hooray! Now on to a whole new chapter. Vowing to get back on track after all the special lunches, party food etc. Up 2 lbs and want to nip that in the bud. Planning on lots more walking. (So nice to not be stuck at a desk all day!)
    The posts above about soup made me smile - have vegetable soup on (love it) and hubby's very favorite pot roast. Have a great day!
    Marie
  • mxchana
    Options
    Marie, congratulations on your retirement! Enjoy, enjoy! cloud-9-039.gif You have earned it. ~ Kathy