Light-headed... Salt and water retention...

Options
2»

Replies

• chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    I'm trying to stay positive but I've been at this for over 3 weeks and all I have to show for it is lots of trips to the washroom to pee an inability to do #2 and light-headed-ness. I need to start seeing results soon to stay motivated.

It gets better. :) Week 3-4 was the worst for me. Scale wouldn't drop, I felt miserable, exercising was tedious at best, and I honestly was over analyzing every little thing. I took magnesium citrate for the bathroom issue and drank Propel for electrolyte balances along with putting a little extra salt onto my food. I didn't see a loss on the scale until week 5ish. Now it's a consistent 1 lb or more a week, coming in spurts. I lost inches long before that scale said I'd lost anything. It drove me batty.

I'm almost 3 months in and I no longer have to have magnesium for the bathroom issue, although I still take a smaller dose because I'm not getting enough from my diet. If I eat enough fat, things move, um, very smoothly LOL. I still have water retention issues, but I'm coming to the conclusion mine are more hormonally related these days. I no longer have the exercise problem either, unless you count general laziness as an issue. :P In fact, most days I feel better than I have in a long long time.

It'll get better. Coconut oil too always helped as well with the number 2 issue. :) Don't give up just yet. First month is rough, but it does get better!

• JENIPENNY123
    JENIPENNY123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty moderate case of lightheadedness my first week or so, especially first thing in the morning, between mealtimes, and standing up. What helped me was warming chicken broth, and adding a heaping amount of cream to this as well as adding enough kosher salt to be slightly salty. Within several minutes after consuming, I noticed that my lightheadedness would dissipate. I did this for roughly the first week. It seemed to help me, plus the creamy chicken broth was good.

I can't do dairy, but that sounds good. I will swing by the store and pick up some broth tomorrow. I tea want this to be a new way of life for me but there seems to be so many details that need to be tweaked.

Oops I didn't even think about the whole dairy thing. Consider supplementing with raw, unsweetened almond milk. The calories are pretty equivalent to 1 tbsp of heavy (fluid) cream per 8oz serving of almond milk, but almond milk is not carb free. The Whole Foods 365 brand of organic, unsweetened almond milk has 1g net carb per serving, which isn't too bad. Plus, it tastes pretty good!

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay positive but I've been at this for over 3 weeks and all I have to show for it is lots of trips to the washroom to pee an inability to do #2 and light-headed-ness. I need to start seeing results soon to stay motivated.

It gets better. :) Week 3-4 was the worst for me. Scale wouldn't drop, I felt miserable, exercising was tedious at best, and I honestly was over analyzing every little thing. I took magnesium citrate for the bathroom issue and drank Propel for electrolyte balances along with putting a little extra salt onto my food. I didn't see a loss on the scale until week 5ish. Now it's a consistent 1 lb or more a week, coming in spurts. I lost inches long before that scale said I'd lost anything. It drove me batty.

I'm almost 3 months in and I no longer have to have magnesium for the bathroom issue, although I still take a smaller dose because I'm not getting enough from my diet. If I eat enough fat, things move, um, very smoothly LOL. I still have water retention issues, but I'm coming to the conclusion mine are more hormonally related these days. I no longer have the exercise problem either, unless you count general laziness as an issue. :P In fact, most days I feel better than I have in a long long time.

It'll get better. Coconut oil too always helped as well with the number 2 issue. :) Don't give up just yet. First month is rough, but it does get better!

Thanks for the encouragement. Adding extra salt and fat to my diet in order to stop retaining water and lose fat seems so counter-intuitive to me. I feel like I'm playing the trust game with my eyes closed and arms folded across my chest as I fall back in faith and hope that Keto catches me before I crash and burn!
  • Thurley160
    Thurley160 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ... But I'm still up in weight.

This too shall pass (if you stay on keto).
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Hopefully sooner than later!