Post Your Results Here

Options

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Well after the first two weeks doing Dan's plan, I have been deviating the past couple of weeks on my fasts. I came to this challenge with a love of fasting, but now have deepened my vows. <3

This challenge brought me out of my comfort zone, which has been to fast only on the weekends when I am off work. It was scary to fast during my workweek and equally scary to do without the fat in my coffee. But I did it ! I have proven I can do a 48 hr water fast during a busy, stressful workweek !

So now that I have done that, I can pull this strategy out of my bag of tricks whenever I want. But now I will get back to my regularly scheduled programming, and plan my main fast on the weekend.

I've just had a large meal for supper and will now attempt to complete a 72 hour fast, my dream since reading "Grain Brain". The longest I have fasted is 66 hrs, something I have done twice. Hope I'm not jinxing myself by announcing this now. :#

My 48 hr fast last week was really easy, so I'm hoping I will have a good experience this weekend. I plan to get my walks in and also do quite a bit of gardening on Saturday while fasting. I need to finish turning over the soil in my large vegetable gardens. I don't have a problem with my energy levels while fasting so this should be OK. The only thing that worries me is whether I can get enough sleep and be able to combat a headache should one arise. If I feel unwell at any time during a fast, I will always break the fast and eat something.

So wish me luck fellow fasters ! I'll keep you posted ! I imagine that I will continue with my weekend fasts up to 48 hrs after this excursion, but do hope to incorporate one 72 hr fast every 3 months into my routine. We are beginning fall, so the time has come....
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I've just found this group and last week I attempted my first fast. It went well. Today I will go again. I ate too many salted almonds yesterday due to stress at work and I couldn't stop myself so I gained this morning. Will have my coffee today then off to work with lots of wster.

Dan does distilled water help you lose more then regular water?

Well, I don't really know. Most tap water and bottled water has minerals in it. Occasionally when I eat a lot of salt prior to my fast (I think I love salt too much) I will "de-salt" with distilled water, which has no minerals in it at all.

Probably not necessary.

Dan
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Well after the first two weeks doing Dan's plan, I have been deviating the past couple of weeks on my fasts. I came to this challenge with a love of fasting, but now have deepened my vows. <3

This challenge brought me out of my comfort zone, which has been to fast only on the weekends when I am off work. It was scary to fast during my workweek and equally scary to do without the fat in my coffee. But I did it ! I have proven I can do a 48 hr water fast during a busy, stressful workweek !

So now that I have done that, I can pull this strategy out of my bag of tricks whenever I want. But now I will get back to my regularly scheduled programming, and plan my main fast on the weekend.

I've just had a large meal for supper and will now attempt to complete a 72 hour fast, my dream since reading "Grain Brain". The longest I have fasted is 66 hrs, something I have done twice. Hope I'm not jinxing myself by announcing this now. :#

My 48 hr fast last week was really easy, so I'm hoping I will have a good experience this weekend. I plan to get my walks in and also do quite a bit of gardening on Saturday while fasting. I need to finish turning over the soil in my large vegetable gardens. I don't have a problem with my energy levels while fasting so this should be OK. The only thing that worries me is whether I can get enough sleep and be able to combat a headache should one arise. If I feel unwell at any time during a fast, I will always break the fast and eat something.

So wish me luck fellow fasters ! I'll keep you posted ! I imagine that I will continue with my weekend fasts up to 48 hrs after this excursion, but do hope to incorporate one 72 hr fast every 3 months into my routine. We are beginning fall, so the time has come....

Sounds good Kitn, so glad to see you experimenting! Everybody has a different "key" to unlocking that wonderful "whooshing" sound we hear when we step on the scale and have a good day....!

Dan
  • DittoDan
    Options
    nicintime wrote: »
    I come here daily to see who is posting. I'm still loosing 10 lbs per month, 4 months since I began eating keto, so I'm holding off on water fasting for the time being.

Following folks journey with interest!

What happened to me was I was doing really well for about 8 months. Then I noticed things not going so well. I think I had a 6 week stall. At that time, I wasn't fasting regularly, maybe once a month. I don't like stalls. I have a lot of fat to get rid of and I'm impatient.

So I started with regular weekly fasting, trying a lot of different things. And I am still trying new things. I will break my current fast with "Vegan Day". You probably heard about it on my wall.

We'll be here to help you if you get into a stall...

Dan
  • havingfunnow
    havingfunnow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Burned 21,000 calories (6 pounds) doing the Poseidon 100 Fat Burning Water Fast, 36 hours x 2 this week.
    From last week to this week is a 3 pound weight loss. I am happy with the results. Thanks Dan :)

• Everlost_
    Everlost_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm still around, just deviated from the plan a little bit. Being the geek that I am, I researched the heck out of the benefits of water fasting and have been extending my fasts out a little longer. I'm hoping to use water fasting/keto to eventually correct any insulin resistance or metabolism issues I have given to myself over the years.

I've done a couple 67/68 hr fasts in the past couple weeks and lost about 4 lbs a week since I last posted two weeks ago. I've also incorporated not under-eating on my non fast days.

On a side note, made some delicious keto friendly pumpkin muffin/cupcake thingies with splenda.. They were great, but not so much for my diet. LOL Stay away from the artificial sweeteners if you can.
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    OK everyone, my 72 he fast is now on hold until next weekend. :/ My mom made supper and I ate it! Blew my carbs on a tiny bit of potato and wild rice and some berries... And some booze ;) I'll have to report to one of the supervisors at work that I ate, since she was worried that I haven't been eating enough and cautioned me about anorexia as she ate her second donut of the day. She knew I was planning on fasting.

So my new plans are still to fast during my weekend but now for 48 hrs, then next weekend I'll shoot for my long awaited dream of 72 hrs!
  • DittoDan
    Options
    My report ~ if you didn't already see it on my wall or on LCD.

It was one heckuva roller coaster ride this week. I hit 200.8 last Friday. Then I went to no less than two Indian Buffets on the break fast day and the following day (company picnic ~ I work with an all Indian company). Ate stuff I don't know what it was. And I ate too much. Consequently I gained 6 lbs by Monday morning. (206.8). Which is EXACTLY as I predicted would happen.

On Monday, I took the day off and worked on the Shed. I was so sore afterwards. I didn't have "delayed onset muscle soreness", because there was no delay!!! I was sore immediately. By fast day, all the soreness went away, so it WHOOSHED away the retained water from the muscle inflammation.

I digress, I hunkered down, lost a couple lbs on Tuesday and a couple on Wednesday. Yes, I did low calorie on those days and and ate IF (24:1). I also avoided carbs more than my usual.

So Thursday I didn't eat and did distilled water. My normal 10 cups.

Went to bed, then I started peeing like crazy (like I always do). Weighed the pee in the morning, 4.46 lbs (tad bit higher than last week). (if you ain't peeing ~ you ain't losing!)

Result, lost 3.3 lbs. in 24 hours. So from peak weight of Monday to Friday's weigh-in, lost 7+ lbs! But that was only 1.3 lbs less than last Friday.

So, I extended the fast until 8:00 pm today and ate some fat bombs and mushrooms cooked in coconut oil. (All Vegan day).

Its possible I may lose some more tonight, so if I do, I will record it on MFP.

I'm going to TRY to be good this weekend. Going to work on Shed tomorrow.

So, another successful week on "The Recipe" ~ even though I didn't follow it perfectly.

And I am now in "one-derland" A double milestone ~ broke 200 lbs barrier and a 29 year low! YAY! :)

Dan
    Current weight 199.5 114.5 pounds down, 20.5 to go. 13 months on diet
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Burned 21,000 calories (6 pounds) doing the Poseidon 100 Fat Burning Water Fast, 36 hours x 2 this week.
    From last week to this week is a 3 pound weight loss. I am happy with the results. Thanks Dan :)

You're just crazily loosing! That is a great result H! Woohoo! :)

Keep it up...

Dan
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Everlost_ wrote: »
    I'm still around, just deviated from the plan a little bit. Being the geek that I am, I researched the heck out of the benefits of water fasting and have been extending my fasts out a little longer. I'm hoping to use water fasting/keto to eventually correct any insulin resistance or metabolism issues I have given to myself over the years.

I've done a couple 67/68 hr fasts in the past couple weeks and lost about 4 lbs a week since I last posted two weeks ago. I've also incorporated not under-eating on my non fast days.

On a side note, made some delicious keto friendly pumpkin muffin/cupcake thingies with splenda.. They were great, but not so much for my diet. LOL Stay away from the artificial sweeteners if you can.

All good! I noticed that it has taken me 12 months to where my blood glucose levels are getting below 100 on a regular basis. As I lose more weight, it gets better. Hopefully it will be 10 points lower by my goal weight.

What was the recipe for the pumpkin muffin?

Dan
  • DittoDan
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    OK everyone, my 72 he fast is now on hold until next weekend. :/ My mom made supper and I ate it! Blew my carbs on a tiny bit of potato and wild rice and some berries... And some booze ;) I'll have to report to one of the supervisors at work that I ate, since she was worried that I haven't been eating enough and cautioned me about anorexia as she ate her second donut of the day. She knew I was planning on fasting.

So my new plans are still to fast during my weekend but now for 48 hrs, then next weekend I'll shoot for my long awaited dream of 72 hrs!

Yeah, when I tell people that I fast for 36 hours and that's its no big deal, it blows their mind! And I understand FULLY why. When I was carb eater, I shuttered at the thought of not being without food for more than 4 hours... Keto is amazing.

Keep up the good work!

Dan

• Everlost_
    Everlost_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Everlost_ wrote: »

DittoDan wrote: »

What was the recipe for the pumpkin muffin?

Dan

Found this on r/ketorecipes. I used regular granulated splenda as I couldn't find baking splenda and it was fine. If you make these, be sure to refridge them overnight before eating. The crust is much more crust-like after it has time to get really cold.

Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Muffins

2 blocks cream cheese
    1 cup baking splenda
    2 eggs
    1 cup canned pure pumpkin
    1/2 cup almond flour
    1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
    4 T butter, melted
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix the melted butter with the almond flour and coconut flakes. Press into the bottom of some greased muffin cups with liners. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, eggs, and splenda until very smooth. Add vanilla and blend. Drop a heaping spoonful of this mixture into each muffin cup, smoothing it out as you go. To the remaining cheesecake mix, add the pumpkin and spices and blend well. Drop another spoonful of this mixture on top of each layer of cheesecake. Each cup should be just full.
    Bake for 17 minutes at 350 and let cool completely in the fridge before serving.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/comments/2fzxz4/pumpkin_pie_cheesecake_muffins/

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Yes! Another 2 lbs off after I had put on a lb last week. A new low and my interim goal of 3 stone (42lbs) off achieved - super happy about that! Now need to motor down the next two stone and, thanks to @DittoDan I feel that I have the tools to do this, although whether I will have the will, I'm not sure - but definitely want to get another 9lbs off at least. Very happy.

How are you guys getting on?
  • havingfunnow
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Burned 11,900 calories (3.4pounds) doing the Poseidon 100 Fat Burning Water Fast, 40 hours.
    Gained 3.4 pounds and Down one pound from last week’s water fast results. So, still positive results. :)
    Was not too hungry, but was obsessed with food yesterday...Note to self: Do not review food recipes during Water fast! doh!
  • havingfunnow
    Options
    Hi guys;
    ...just realized I have been WF once or twice a week for one month. Wanted to share the results.

Burned 33,600 calories (9.6 pounds) doing the Poseidon 100 Fat Burning Water Fast so far; one month.

Thanks Dan! :) I am very close to goal weight.
  • DittoDan
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I blew it for this week. Didn't follow my own recipe and had failure for this week. But I may do a couple fasts. I may do one Sunday or Monday to recover. I don't care, I want this weight off on my time-table.

I didn't plan out my days after the fast and overate again on last weekend. Then I did a workout on Tuesday (got the shed completely painted!), which was probably too close to the weigh-in day. Maybe I'll lose a little by tomorrow, but I ate today. I did the fast for 36 hours, but on the 2nd night of the fast, I didn't pee as much as I usually do, and ended up a pound over last Saturday's weigh-in. Still ain't bad. I was up 6 pounds on Monday and recovered most of it. If I could just "be good", I think I'll start "whooshing" again.

Here are some pics of my shed:

Oh, how many tools does it take to build a shed? (a lot!) :)

b1cawlt2y7c6.pngwp691sa9vov2.png
    j31250nxkvrn.pngvgmsb48c67xc.png

Dan
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Hi guys;
    ...just realized I have been WF once or twice a week for one month. Wanted to share the results.

Burned 33,600 calories (9.6 pounds) doing the Poseidon 100 Fat Burning Water Fast so far; one month.

Thanks Dan! :) I am very close to goal weight.

WOW! That is par excellence! You probably are "Having Fun Now!"

Dan
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Yes! Another 2 lbs off after I had put on a lb last week. A new low and my interim goal of 3 stone (42lbs) off achieved - super happy about that! Now need to motor down the next two stone and, thanks to @DittoDan I feel that I have the tools to do this, although whether I will have the will, I'm not sure - but definitely want to get another 9lbs off at least. Very happy.

How are you guys getting on?

That is so good T!

Yeah, fasting is at everyone's disposal. They're very helpful for breaking stalls.

I'm glad I could help... in some small way...

Dan
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    Nice shed Dan ! You know, it looks different from what I pictured after having heard you talk about building it. I like the interior. A little bit bigger and it could be a tiny house. (I love tiny houses.)

Maybe I've come over here a little too soon, but that's OK. I'm now at hour 64 of my planned 72 hour fast and feeling good. I'm excited. Going to clean the house, maybe get more yard work done and have a walk. Then I'll have a nice supper. Wonder if I'll be hungry by then ? I haven't had any hunger really, maybe my stomach grumbled once, but it went away and never returned.
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    Drum roll please..............I made it to my goal of a 72 hour fast ! I felt fine throughout, started to feel a little less energetic around hour 69, right after my 75 minute fasted walk. Felt my tummy grumbling at hour 70, but just drank more water and made it past 72 hours. I broke my fast with 4 small eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, all the bacon drippings, and some cheese. Then I had a small dish of regular ice cream. I was still pretty low carb at 35 g. I'm stuffed at just over 1,000 calories. I'm going out now and will probably drink a bit of vodka tonight. I'll see what the scale says tomorrow. It may be up from today's all time low. I cautiously didn't log today's weight.