Where is everyone from?

Options
Chabela53
Chabela53 Posts: 130 Member
I know this is "off topic", but where is everyone from?
I am from the Boston area...I think our heat wave finally broke. Thank heavens!

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Orlando, FL near UCF (east side)
  • PumpkinRunning
    PumpkinRunning Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Minneapolis, MN - our "heat wave" finally broke this week too! Looking forward to Fall; it's my favorite season, even though it only lasts a nanosecond here ;-)
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Central Wisconsin. I wish summer would stick around longer. B)
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I was born in Canada and raised in Rockland County then Cayuga County in upstate New York. I currently live and work in the Houston, Texas area.

Edited to Add: Our heat wave broke too--we are only supposed to be in the 80s today! Woohoo!!

Edited again to add: I miss Fall in the northeast. :(
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm in Oklahoma, but I'm from other southern areas. Our weather here is bipolar. It was in the 70's yesterday, maybe 80's today, tomorrow 90's, by the weekend, back to the 70's, next week 90's, all with alternating humidity and dryness. If you have ever heard that statement, "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, and it'll change," that was actually said IN Oklahoma, at an airport less than an hour from me by a famous Oklahoman... And it absolutely applies.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Florida, near Panama City!
  • miche173
    miche173 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Pennsylvania, south east corner, and ready for fall
  • pjwoodhouse
    pjwoodhouse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Phoenix it's pretty much always summer here :)
  • kcrozell
    kcrozell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just outside of Nashville and SOOO ready for Fall!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I'm in the center of the Garden State. :)
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ottawa, Canada and ready for fall here also - we get 40C humidex in the summer and -40C wind chill in the winter. I own MANY wardrobes :)
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Overland Park, Kansas here. And it's not as flat as people think! Trust me, the hills I bike and walk up and down are something!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Hotlanta

Southeast in general for the most part

I'm a guy that loves going to the lake and of course

College Football!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Northeastern (small town) Alberta, Canada. It is most definitely fall with changing colors. Cooked some comfort foods this weekend, such a treat. I'll be tired of it as soon as snow hits!
  • InADarkRoom
    InADarkRoom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Northeast UK here....nights are getting a little bit chilly already up here. Nicer to run in colder weather though :smile:
  • inspirationstation
    Options
    SW Michigan
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Western New York between Buffalo and Niagara Falls. We are in the low 70s today after a nice stretch of high 80s for the holiday weekend. Sadly I'm pretty sure that was the last of the heat for this year. I love fall don't even mind cold and rainy days.

But what comes after, not so much. We got slammed last year, like much if the northeast did. Started early in November too. Most of my family was trapped in their houses for a week, if anyone wants to see what 8 ft of snow in two days looks like my brother in law videod it all

https://youtu.be/y74QiPo_HLw

Praying we don't have another one like that
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Northern California. Fourth year drought and forecast of 108 for next several days. Ya'll are making me jealous with all this talk of fall! It is really beautiful here most of the year, just summers are brutal.
  • Chabela53
    Chabela53 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow...nice mix of areas! @auntiestephie321 We sure did have a lot of snow! I grew up in the Binghamton area, and this winter reminded me of the winters of NY and when I was younger!