Misc Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Nice progress in your profile pic Sumiblue! What was the time frame between shots?
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I still lack micro plate options and am not quite that handy but hmm.

I figured out how to fix the picture orientation issue. Just need to decide what ones to post. Figure MFP is okay to post on for now as I'm still not posting anything on Facebook until November, after stepsister's wedding. But I may put them all on something like Instagram or such so that I can post a link and not just a bunch of pictures at once when I do that. Options, so many options.
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Interesting. I still lack micro plate options and am not quite that handy but hmm.

I figured out how to fix the picture orientation issue. Just need to decide what ones to post. Figure MFP is okay to post on for now as I'm still not posting anything on Facebook until November, after stepsister's wedding. But I may put them all on something like Instagram or such so that I can post a link and not just a bunch of pictures at once when I do that. Options, so many options.

I too lack handiness (and time!) so I bought these fractional plates from Rogue Fitness. They are 1.25 lbs each, and the set was $7.50 plus shipping (the most reasonable deal I found on fractionals). They came fast and they're very nice quality.

http://www.roguefitness.com/weightlifting-bars-plates/bumpers/fractional-plates

Look at the Olympic ones at the bottom of the page.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Yeah. I've seen the ones from Rogue fitness and such. Just planning my money right now. Still have to buy shoes and such for the wedding. Maybe spanx too. It's so much effort just to attend one of those events.

But one day I shall have fractionals. Wonder what the small gym near here has. I need to get a day pass and try it out as I'm still trying to decide on a different gym that is closer to where I live now.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    @indianarose2 , thank you! The first photo is from 6 mos. ago, about 4 mos. into Strong Lifts. Second photo taken very recently taken. My strength has improved a lot but I feel like I'm seeing real results since I started Strong Curves. My measurements now are at about the same place as they were back in March when I was dropping fat and inches. Unfortunately, I gained some back after my vacation in May and had to work hard at it again.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Progress photo posted in the sticky thread up there. :wink:
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    ^^ wow. amazing pictures.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Thanks. :blush:
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    @DawnEmbers , wow! Nice work!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    quit quit quit quit! this may be friday night bravado, but i've been brooding/processing about it all day, and i'm still pretty close to certain i'm going to quit on monday. it's the right time (original project rolls out tomorrow) and the right reasons (they suck). and besides, i just can't stand them. tbh it's put-near impossible for me to imagine myself UNquit by this time next week. i try to picture myself doing what they just announced they 'expect' of me for their next project up, and it's just . . . no.

not saying acts of god never happen. and i still have to dial the recruiter in on my plans, which looks like happening sunday. but now that i've opened that door in my head, i can't picture anything less than an act of god keeping me from walking through it . . . and even then it would only be until the first available moment came up to get out, or until they fired me; whichever came first.

• DawnEmbers
    Options
    @canadianlbs - Good luck. Sometimes that's just what you need to do.
  • indianarose2
    Options
    Best wishes in your decision!
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Nothing like a schedule change. These two weeks my days off from work are also my rest days. That's going to be kind of weird (I'm used to doing a run and gym on one of my off days). Then again, once the next schedule is figured out the days might change. And I might work even less close shifts, which will be different. I have worked mostly close shifts the whole almost 3 years I've been at this store. Not switching to full on morning, though, as the boss is considering the department I work in as a good spot for mid shifts, which are around 11am to 7pm.

Will change my gym time too since I'm used to going after work on two days at around 11 pm. 7pm is a little better than 5-7, when traffic is also terrible, but still more people there than 11. But I wouldn't want to drive to work, go all the way home then leave later for the gym since neither location is right by home. That or I need to finally pick one of the local gyms. I might try out the non-24 hour one cause I think you can get a couple days pass or something. I've been to the 24 hour one but it's not designed for some of the lifting I want to do (plus you can't be too loud on deadlift but you can still do them if you take the bar from the rack or one of the two benches). Both are similar in price point, so having a hard time deciding.

Also, bumping this thread so we remember to post in here on occasion. And for fun, picture from the spring tulip festival I went to in Washington back on March 31st. I don't have photos from my outdoor running cause I never have my phone with me. No place to put it at this time since I use my iPod for music.

11ig8io.jpg

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Dawn - thanks for sharing! I love tulips because they are the first sign of spring!
  • indianarose2
    Options
    Yep beautiful! I'll be planting mine in another month here! Hoping they might actually come back up the following years even though they are supposed to be an annual here which just stinks!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    biceps. let's talk about biceps. i'm bored . . .

funny thing is, biceps are probably the ONE muscle group i pmuch forgot all about when i started doing stronglifts. too busy keeping an admiring eye on my abs and my traps and my hamstrings and quads. oh sure, in my very very earliest days when that twit at the rec centre had me doing one-armed db curls, i used to eyeball them and pinch them and stuff like that for a while. but then come sl, i don't think i ever thought about them again. it isn't really like you ever catch them doing all that much actual work, with those lifts.

well, come to find out. it might be the influence of this trainer guy with his negative chins - and also a few tweaks to my form and position when doing bench press. but all of a sudden, i seem to have biceps to burn. i might even start needing to learn how to flex, if this trend keeps up.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    lol

I noticed my tiny biceps becoming visible a while ago but not really flex worthy. I also don't have impressive abs or anything either. Just skin and fluff at the moment in the midsection as that appears to be my trouble spot. Arms wise, I get a little bit of bicep but it's countered by some loose skin and such, so makes for not so impressive flexing attempts. Still impresses my coworker that I have slight visible bicep muscles.

I do find the hamstring/quad more fun though can't seem to get a decent picture to show the small amount of definition that's coming through. Maybe one day.

And I still go meh to bicep curls and calf work. Meh!
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I love my little bicep. It isn't big, but it is more than I have ever had before, I think.
    I flex all the time :p
    x30eibeqr1tw.jpg
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    I love my little bicep. It isn't big, but it is more than I have ever had before, I think.
    I flex all the time :p

:) awww . . . that's a real muscle, but because of the way you described your relationship with it, my mind takes a magic marker and draws a smiley face on it.

meanwhile, i went on the web and found this. HAH. http://www.watchoutfortheguns.com/2012/07/the-right-way-to-flex-your-biceps.html
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    @mirrim52 - Very nice.

And omg... Regis flexing. hahaha Great link. I should watch more Broscience, he does flex often.