Misc Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, in the morning, but I'm pretty rational about the results these days, not panicking if it changes one day to the next.

In fact, I had a few years of no scales, just trying to eat healthy food, and I put on a load of weight! So I've managed to lose that - 12kg - over the past year, and I'll just keep an eye on it now ...

But I do understand how it can be - I was pretty obsessive when I was younger. You have to learn what works for you.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Ariadnula- thanks for the friend request. I have been on here on and off. Just got back from a vacation a week ago then the last few days my Son's family 15 all together were in Puerto Vallarta when the hurricane hit. So I have been absent. My son's motherinlaw was on WCCO news last night. I have read all of the threads here lurking as you say. Still lifting, added Kettlebell swings on rest days just finished a 5 day fast lost 8 lbs and 9 inches. Nice arm shot! I'll see if I can take one. I have to weigh everyday or I overeat and can put on weight really quickly! I need to clean up my eating habits be more like Psych101 her macros rock!
  • fanncy0626
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Not very impressive but it looks better in person LOL

mzarqrhpn8kg.jpeg

I was hoping the camera would put 10 lbs on it...
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    Looks great to me! And glad your family is all ok
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wish mine were like that.....I shall give it time!! Glad everyone is safe too.

Just back from the gym.... Spinning then day 2 of SL plus some extras. Now home for a lazy Sunday afternoon :)
  • fanncy0626
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thanks! I just got a call and my Sons family made it home! Now the nightmare is truly over! I did SL yesterday so Kettlebell swings today! Have a great day everyone!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

:D:D:D:D i think it looks great. and look at all the triceps and forearm muscles in these pictures as well!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Whoops.. wrong thread.
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    Well, you learn something about yourself every day. I added my first 'friends' on MFP the other day, and that seemed very jolly, and then ... I suppose we all have our 'crazy' triggers and I found that seeing what other people are doing each day, scrolling up on my front page, was making me panicky. Am I doing enough? What should I be doing? I'm falling behind....

So - I suppose one benefit of being older is you learn to spot that stuff messing with your head. So apologies to my two brief 'friends' - I'll still talk to you on here, you're both great :-)
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @Ariadnula good on you for realising what you need and taking the appropriate action :)

My whole body aches nicely today. I decided last night I didn't want to spin this morning before work... I am slowly learning to listen to and respect my body! May go for a light session after work or a swim...then hoping for SL day 3 tomorrow!
  • fanncy0626
    Options

:D

Thanks! It is nice seeing the progress that other people make to their arms! I know I have a real difficult time doing the OHP and BP it's nice to see the tone and definition from all that hard work!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    krokador - after looking at your workout for the day I have to say that you are absolutely amazing!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    krokador - after looking at your workout for the day I have to say that you are absolutely amazing!

Ah, thanks! I've been at this for a while. If I could only focus as much on proper nutrition as I do on my workouts! lol.

If you ever need to switch it up, I have plenty of ideas! ;)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    krokador wrote: »

Ah, thanks! I've been at this for a while. If I could only focus as much on proper nutrition as I do on my workouts! lol.

If you ever need to switch it up, I have plenty of ideas! ;)

Thanks! I checked the workout thread and get ideas from what you and other women post. I would love to have someone like you as a mentor!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Dawn- vacation! Exciting! Where are you going? If you don't mind me asking. Great max weight on your lifts!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm late to the party, but I've been struggling with catching that flexing selfie (I coulda done better if the locker room hadn't been this crowded... lol)

4pdgyyeuqv7u.jpg
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Nice bicep picture! Very appropriate T-shirt!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    dat shirt . . . dem guns.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Woot more pictures. I'm going to post another. I haven't done stronglifts for a whole year or anything. However, I have officially been a gym member for a year (started stronglifts in November but joined the gym on 10-27-15). Since I did the max test on ohp and such, doing more upper body and shoulder type lifts last night, thought I'd take a picture afterwards. I didn't have a picture of my back from September or October, but instead I did take one in December. So, here is the back/shoulder progress with a little attempt at flexing this time. Different apartment, lighting, camera and more of a flex attempt but still, not too shabby if I do say so myself. :wink:

23h0uu0.jpg

• Ariadnula
    Options
    Wow, look at the definition in your shoulders! Good work :smile: