MY DAY ONE

Options
Bchlvr64
Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
I'm just coming up to my cut off time to be done eating today. I am not hungry at all. My only concern now is actually doing it. It's such a habit to eat and graze all night for me even though I'm not hungry. Just a little about me - I was 331 lbs at my highest. I started losing my weight appx. January 2014. I am now 227. My lowest was 207. I have had a rough time getting mentally back on for the past 6 - 8 months. In that time, I have gained 20 lbs. I struggle with being so angry at myself for gaining especially after having been so close too the 100's.

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm just coming up to my cut off time to be done eating today. I am not hungry at all. My only concern now is actually doing it. It's such a habit to eat and graze all night for me even though I'm not hungry. Just a little about me - I was 331 lbs at my highest. I started losing my weight appx. January 2014. I am now 227. My lowest was 207. I have had a rough time getting mentally back on for the past 6 - 8 months. In that time, I have gained 20 lbs. I struggle with being so angry at myself for gaining especially after having been so close too the 100's.

Hi, and welcome.

You are a perfect example for why hard-and-fast rules are laid down--because we humans need them. You eat and then you are done with it, period. You are not alone in your struggle (it used to define me until I "laid down the law" and made the switch). Hold yourself fully accountable and you will do fine.
  • Bchlvr64
    Options
    Thanks a bunch arguablysam. I really appreciate you responding. You got that all 100% correct too. Nailed it for me. BTW, big congrats on your success. I love your style of writing and your perspective. So appreciate you being willing to comment back to me. I'll check back in tomorrow.
  • Bchlvr64
    Options
    Ok, I made it through day 1 yesterday. It was actually easy. I feel great. Packed and planned my food for today while at work. Feeling optimistic.
  • arguablysamson
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Cool. Just remember, there will come days where there will be neither optimism, nor ease, but lots of hunger. And that's ok. Just remind yourself of the goal.
  • Bchlvr64
    Options
    Ok, thanks @arguablysam. I have a question so I understand this right - I have a four hour window in which I have my meal. However, I make sure to complete my eating in 1 hour? Isn't this fasting for 23 hours?
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Yes. The variance is just there to accommodate a busy day (i.e. starting a meal later than normal).