I find that I have less food slip-ups if..

Options
I tell myself I "don't" eat certain foods rather than thinking I "can't" because they're bad for me or something. That's how I quit soda cold-turkey and eat way less sweets than I used to. Just thought I'd share :)

Replies

• sharoncasey60
    sharoncasey60 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    good strategy :) thx
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Beacause I have eaten so clean for so long, there are actual foods that I CAN'T eat, or else I'll get sick! In the case of soda, I haven't had any in 3 years or so, and I know it would be WAYYYY to sweet for me if I tried.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I posted a blog here called "it's my choice," which it totally is. The soda will be there tomorrow if you absolutely have to have it, but my guess is that the longer you go without it, the less likely you are to go back.

You have 100% control over what you eat. Well, unless you are in prison or other institution, but then you probably wouldn't be here, LOL! It is always your choice to feed your body the nutrients it needs and to avoid the slow acting poisons like soda and other processed crap foods.

Keep up the good work!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have found that this works for me also. I think it's kind of the same strategy used for recovering alcoholics. They are not allowed to have alcohol at all, because control is a problem for them. So if you avoid your 'trigger' foods. you do better. It has worked great for me too!
  • healthyCAL
    healthyCAL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing, kinda. Instead of telling myself I "can't" have that cookie or third peice of pizza, I tell myself I don't want it because it will make me feel sluggish and bloated, etc. It has been working for the last three weeks, lets see how I fare during PMS week, lol.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I tell myself I "don't" eat certain foods rather than thinking I "can't" because they're bad for me or something. That's how I quit soda cold-turkey and eat way less sweets than I used to. Just thought I'd share :)

Good idea. People who have quit smoking sometimes say they're a non-smoker rather than an ex-smoker for the same reason.
  • msleesha
    msleesha Posts: 39
    Options
    I plan my food week out. It helps so I can know what groceries to buy for the week and I don't have to worry about asking myself...what should I eat tomorrow or whats for dinner because I already have it planned out.
  • xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing, kinda. Instead of telling myself I "can't" have that cookie or third peice of pizza, I tell myself I don't want it because it will make me feel sluggish and bloated, etc. It has been working for the last three weeks, lets see how I fare during PMS week, lol.

Maybe allow yourself to have a piece of dark chocolate instead of a cookie, if you're really craving something? It's better for you, and I personally find it more satisfying because it's rich.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I just put making the decision off. "I'll decide later if I can have that." or "I'll have some later." Later just doesn't come.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that if I do eat foods I used to eat but cut out that I no longer enjoy them - which can only be a good thing!
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    LOVE THAT! especially when other people offer stuff, i was always saying "i cant " eat that.......Now i will simply say " i dont" eat that! THANK YOU! :smile:
  • xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    LOVE THAT! especially when other people offer stuff, i was always saying "i cant " eat that.......Now i will simply say " i dont" eat that! THANK YOU! :smile:

Glad I helped :) You're very welcome.