I've fallen... and I can't get up!

Options
2»

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I think bad bacteria in general starve off when you lower sugar and such that feeds them. Additionally, I think changing the Ph of the stomach makes it an unfriendly area in which for them to live, so they die naturally. Also, the influx of good bacteria releases byproducts that do or support one of the other two methods above...

Not many good articles, but this one was okay: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-61563/Why-bacteria-best-thing-health.html
    This is because friendly bacteria produce acids and natural antibiotics that kill or prevent harmful bacteria from multiplying.
    'The good bacteria attach on to the gut lining, displacing bad bacteria and starving them of food so they die and are eliminated,' explains Dr Kelly.
    'The problem is, the good bacteria pass through your system, too, so you have to keep replacing them.'
  • ScaryCarrie444
    ScaryCarrie444 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    ...I add in some fat bombs or super dark chocolate (currently enjoying Green & Black Organic 86% Dark Chocolate) for snacks or when a dessert craving strikes hard. I chew trident original gum between meals, etc. That's me in a nutshell.
    ...I have days when I eat worse, and days when I do dark chocolate, macadamia nuts, pink himalayan salt, gum, and low carb beef jerky.

Wow! You're awesome! That was super helpful info. Where do you get the green & black dark chocolate? Is it sugar free? What about the gum? Is that sugar free?

I think I recall you posting about your fat bombs but I can't do dairy... For awhile I thought I was getting away with using butter but I think that's starting to give me problems as well...

Ugh! I really want Keto to work for me. I just am running into lots of bumps in the road impeding my progress.
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I think bad bacteria in general starve off when you lower sugar and such that feeds them. Additionally, I think changing the Ph of the stomach makes it an unfriendly area in which for them to live, so they die naturally. Also, the influx of good bacteria releases byproducts that do or support one of the other two methods above...
    [/center]

For me, the butter coffee helps get me back on track fat. I use 12oz coffee, 1 saccharine tablet, 2T butter, 2T coconut oil. Then I whip out up w a stick blender. Yum.