Is this the best group ever, or what?

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I swear, y'all have me thinking the Cheers song in my head, "I wanna go where everybody knows my name..."

But I couldn't agree more. This is one of my favorite groups, and I'd rather spend time here than on my wall half the time! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I think about all of you throughout my day! I consider you all to be my friends! @Carley, thanks for getting that one stuck in my head today, lol!
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Dang it autocorrect! I do know how to spell your name @Carly!
  • clayswife13
    clayswife13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    TiaBia9 wrote: »
    What I love about this group is that there is not "right" strict way of doing things. It's all about doing LCHF in the way that works best for you, and recognizing people ARE different! And chances are if you run across a problem or conflict, someone else has already been through it and will help you along. It's also nice to read and talk about how much at peace everyone is with eating now

^^^this! I have to say that everything I have read and everyone who has talked to me about what they are doing has not made me feel "judged" if I am not doing what they are doing and have been offering help without trying to get me to change to what they are doing.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    NewSue52 wrote: »
    I love reading the responses even if they don't pertain to my particular need. The people who are frequent contributors are amazingly supportive. Thank you for all your help

It's my favorite group here but then again I've only been in this one and the keto one! Ya'll scared my from any others!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I agree. A fantastic bunch of people here. I probably would have given up a few weeks in had it not been for everyone here. The support, feedback, advice, encouragement, and commiserating are priceless. <3<3<3
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3 Just what I need to peek at to cheer me up at work, love, love, love!
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    LOOOOOOVE this group!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    We are all blessed to be here together. Extremely supportive, non-judgmental. Love you all! I remember when I first joined and was asking so many questions no one told me to go look things up or read books or talk to other people. Everyone was so patient in helping me figure this out even though I know they had done it many times before and have done it many times since. You know who you are.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    fatchimom wrote: »
    We are all blessed to be here together. Extremely supportive, non-judgmental. Love you all! I remember when I first joined and was asking so many questions no one told me to go look things up or read books or talk to other people. Everyone was so patient in helping me figure this out even though I know they had done it many times before and have done it many times since. You know who you are.

That's a really good point about this group. When I started I tried to read everything but still had questions. After being in other forums I was at first nervous to ask. But everyone answered with great info and links to really helpful places. Without that kind of support I'm certain I wouldn't given up. I know the info is out there but it's so overwhelming when your new, guidance is so important. You don't find that anywhere these days.
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Okay after two disastrous post regarding going LCHF; I have received advice from supporters to join this group. So here I am. I started LCHF last Sunday and weighed 172, as of this morning I am 164. I look forward to hearing about everyone's experiences, tips and advice and will offer those as well.

Thanks for having me!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @ajmurray1234 welcome! So happy someone guided you over here. You will find lots of support and advice. I started a little heavier than your start weight in March this year, I just weighed in at 144 yesterday, 1 lb below my original goal weight. This is by far the easiest and most fulfilling way I've ever lost weight.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Okay after two disastrous post regarding going LCHF; I have received advice from supporters to join this group. So here I am. I started LCHF last Sunday and weighed 172, as of this morning I am 164. I look forward to hearing about everyone's experiences, tips and advice and will offer those as well.

Thanks for having me!

Glad you found us. :)
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @ajmurray1234 welcome! So happy someone guided you over here. You will find lots of support and advice. I started a little heavier than your start weight in March this year, I just weighed in at 144 yesterday, 1 lb below my original goal weight. This is by far the easiest and most fulfilling way I've ever lost weight.

Congratulations!!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Welcome @ajmurray1234! The more the merrier.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I ❤️ this group!
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Welcome @ajmurray1234! So glad you found us! You are off to a great start! Don't hesitate to ask questions and the Launch Pad is an amazing resource too!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Welcome

Lots of good information and actual weight loss experience from the members here

I love this group

Lots of acceptance for the various ways people do low carb or get into a glycogen deprived/keto state

Join in and fee the love

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Thanks for having me!

I'm so happy you found us. I've gotten yelled at via PM for funneling LCers to groups, but you'll get great info and support here!