Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Back at it again!

2»

Replies

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    Be ready to test out that estimate too.

For every person that the rough 5 levels (and probably only 2 considered for use) nails their actual TDEE correctly - scores more that are not going to be that exact number. Might look at the number for level above your guess too.

So may be hungry because body actually wants more due to good workouts - and you need to keep increasing.

Lack of gain sadly doesn't prove out current level is true, it merely means that's what your body is burning right now on average.

Just as it was at each of the prior levels getting up to 2000.
    But was 1900 potential TDEE because of no gain there?
    Was 1800?
    Was 1600-1700?

What proved the lower level wasn't potential?

I wasn't gaining nor losing anything at 1800 or lower. I was tired a lot at those levels. Since bumping it to 2000 I have a burst of energy constantly and can really power thru a workout now.

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I know you weren't. I wanted to make sure you remembered that and what it means as far as your TDEE estimate right now at 2000.

Is that really potential TDEE?
    Or could it be higher?
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    It could be higher, im not sure. Some calculators are telling me my TDEE is around on average 2300-2400 calories.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Even the spreadsheet which is a whole lot better than rough 5 level guess by you - is still an estimate.

Because all of them are still based on what YOU told it.

Spreadsheet is just attempting to focus in faster on real number, less time experimenting.

My main point in case it was missed.

You proved the lower level was NOT potential TDEE because you ate more and nothing happened, or not what the numbers would indicate at least.

So in exactly the same way - how do you prove if 2000 is or is not potential TDEE?

Eat more.