Banner Recommendations

Options
FIT_Goat
FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
When we put the current banner up, it was meant to be a temporary thing. It was just to replace the old graphic, which was universally disliked. It's stuck around because no one has come up with something better. So, if anyone has any better images, post them here.

Here's the current one, in case you are wondering what I am talking about:
banner_ea206bd8df15b980a2395809ea7dabcb.jpg

Rules: The image must be free for non-commercial use. If you edit a photo or combine multiple photos, all parts must have originally been free for non-commercial use.

We will have another discussion later regarding the suggestions and pick the best one.

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I like the current picture, and don't have an image to offer, but do hope that if it is changed, meat can still be part of it. Meat and eggs and butter constitute most of my diet.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I like the current picture, and don't have an image to offer, but do hope that if it is changed, meat can still be part of it. Meat and eggs and butter constitute most of my diet.

I am sure meat will probably be a part of it. But, I would like to make it more inclusive for all types of low-carbers.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Steak omelet? Or steak burrito bowl maybe.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    3q8b5a5il5za.jpg
    Just a suggestion...
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    3q8b5a5il5za.jpg
    Just a suggestion...

Is this image public use? I searched it, but it doesn't appear to be freely available. It is titled C. Jane's pyramid. Who is that? Do we have a website or contact information for the creator? We don't want to use something we don't have permission to use.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I am skilled with Photoshop and a photographer. I could make the group an image that won't have any possible copyright issues of you guys want to give ideas on what you might like to see in it.
    I'm thinking an assortment of typical "staple items"
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I went to Arby's this weekend. I ordered a French Dip with no bun, and I heard the "chef" say something like "That's weird!"

Anyway, the manager was wearing an Arby's T-shirt. I can't find the image online, but it was a different kind of food pyramid. Something like this. :)

Cows-pigs-chicken.png
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I love that!
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I am skilled with Photoshop and a photographer. I could make the group an image that won't have any possible copyright issues of you guys want to give ideas on what you might like to see in it.

This is a great idea! Thanks for offering @Sunny_Bunny_ :)

Meat, fish, eggs and coconut oil are at least 90% of my diet.

As a former vegetarian the banner still makes me wince but by now I've accepted that this is how I eat and it's starting to look healthy, LOL. Speaking for myself, the yuck factor is mostly because it is raw, so perhaps some bbq would be easier on the eyes?
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I googled low carb food pyramid, not sure if it's public use though, just thought it was cool. Maybe we can make one with our own food choices....
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I googled low carb food pyramid, not sure if it's public use though, just thought it was cool. Maybe we can make one with our own food choices....

It is cool. I just want to make sure we're on the straight and narrow. I tend to err on the side of paranoia at times.
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    how about oil or fat that's oozing out of some orifice...seems applicable to all here :P
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I can either design an original pyramid with my own images with the same layout as above or however everyone thinks it should go or just set up a collage banner with various staple foods or maybe even photograph plated foods representing different typical meals.
    Let me know what you guys think.
    I am willing to take on the difficult task of eating a bunch of great foods to make this happen for you guys. ;)
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I like the food pyramid idea. But can it be made to fit the dimensions of the banner space?
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    TBH I liked the old photo with the cat. A @sunny_bunny_ food pyramid would be great - to show the variety of foods that we eat and especially for the vegetables etc to be represented for those that eat them.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I like the food pyramid idea. But can it be made to fit the dimensions of the banner space?

If anyone knows the exact dimensions of the banner, that would be great. Otherwise, I would just make it a best guess and assume it could be cropped as needed.

If we go with our own pyramid design, there will be space left over. The pyramid could be to either side or centered with something additional, maybe group name?
    Or, it doesn't have to be an actual pyramid since that suggests priority of certain foods over others... It could be another shape that's more equally divided maybe?
    Anyway, I'll try to capture some of the stock images today to get the ball rolling.
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    KetoGirl83 wrote: »

This is a great idea! Thanks for offering @Sunny_Bunny_ :)

Meat, fish, eggs and coconut oil are at least 90% of my diet.

As a former vegetarian the banner still makes me wince but by now I've accepted that this is how I eat and it's starting to look healthy, LOL. Speaking for myself, the yuck factor is mostly because it is raw, so perhaps some bbq would be easier on the eyes?

All of the above!
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Meat, butter, cheese, & veggies...that's my diet.
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    On the flip side, my mouth waters when I see the banner. :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Bacon!

Link to image that says it is public domain though I don't know how you check such things:
    http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/frugal-egg-casserole-recipes-perfect-for-dinner-or-brunch#slide=5

e6e2d8d27a385063c7f40ec378fab501.jpeg?itok=YSMtcuWs