October 16-31

Options
10/16 - green yes, Chevy; exercise no
15/31 and 3/15
Streak 5

I was right, my legs are killing me today from yesterday's step class. I'll have to thank Tyler tomorrow at the gym.

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Streak: 3/10
    Goal: 14/25
    Exercise: I didn't do any exercise today. Saving all my energy for my 3 mile hike tomorrow and half marathon Sunday.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I guess you got your money's worth for that class?? :smiley: Wishing you another great burn tomorrow!

Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    10.16 And 10.17
    Chevy day and a red. So 9/21 maybe??? Can't remember!

Yesterday was tough... had to put my 16.5 yr old pug to sleep. It was time and he was ready but so hard to say goodbye! Today should've been a 20 mile run but I'm letting my foot heal so skipped it. It is feeling better but I think the run would have been good for me.

Anyways. .. will be cheering on @Laughter_Girl tomorrow!!!! Woot woot! Half marathon day! I know you will rock it!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @Laughter_Girl : run like you stole something! seriously, good luck today...

10/17 green - yes, 16/25 streak- 6
    Exercise -no 3/15. My kids were all out and about so I stayed home and cleaned the house. It's easier when they aren't under foot. I do plan to go to yoga today.
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 18
    Streak? 8 (1 Streak complete)
    Exercise today? Yes
    Exercise days this month so far: 14

5 mile walk with a friend and then some strength exercises to Kickstart the week.

How was it @Laughter_Girl?

@bbinoa, so sorry about your pup... How's the heel?

@MelissaPhippsFeagins, love yoga but rarely get to a class. Feels great when I do though!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    10.17 & 10-18
    Green: Yes (Chevy) & Yes
    Streak: 5/10
    Goal: 16/25
    Exercise: Yesterday I completed over a 3 mile nature walk. It was a slow stroll but very enjoyable. Today I completed my very first half marathon. It went very well today. My feet were a little sore, but after I gave them a good foot soak, they feel great. Overall, it was a great race, and I look forward to doing it again next year. Woohoo!

@bbinoa I'm so very sorry to hear about your dog. 16.5 years is a very long time, and it is quite hard to say goodbye. May the fond memories you and your family have of him last forever. How's the foot today? Also, thanks for the race cheers! I definitely needed them.
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Glad you got some cleaning done. My hubby waited for me to leave today before he did some spring cleaning. It was nice coming home from my long race to a very clean place. Hope you were able to get to yoga. I was definitely running like I stole something for half of the race. Reading your message cracked me up because someone was holding a sign that said that. Ha, ha, ha. The 2nd half of the race I had to slow down to hang with a friend that was experiencing some knee pain. No man left behind, right? :)
    @jenthibert You definitely started the week off right. I did the same. I thoroughly enjoyed the race, and I look forward to doing it again next year. All my preparation paid off.

Here's to a great week!!!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    October 13 + 14 + 15 GREEN + RED + GREEN
    Count / Goal: 12/25
    Streak: 7/ 10
  • jenthibert
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 19
    Streak? 9 (1 Streak complete)
    Exercise today? Yes
    Exercise days this month so far: 15

Treadmill run.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Green total 11/21

Thanks for the thoughts and wishes for my dog. It was hard, but it was time.

The foot is doing ok. Still have a spot that makes me nervous, but I'm not in pain. I think I'm just going to take it somewhat easy the next couple of weeks, try to cross train and maybe some walks. I still intend to do the marathon, but not another long run before that. Wish me luck!

@Laughter_Girl how are you feeling today??? Ready to sign up for your next half ;) you did Soooo good! The Hershey half marathon was here yesterday. I'll have to keep it in mind for future reference.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins run like you stole something. ... lol!!!! Awesome.

@jenthibert how is the coaching thing going??
    You're running alot now!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Green: Nope
    Streak: 0/10 (Gotta start fresh...again.)
    Goal: 16/25
    Exercise: Nothing today. I earned a little rest. :)

@bbinoa I feel good today. Of course I feel like I worked out, but I was definitely mobile. I will definitely sign up again. Actually, I'm considering signing up for the full marathon next year, but I'll have to see if I want to commit to that training. I may have to look up the Hershey half marathon. Rest up, and continue to take it easy.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    10/18 and 10/19 - red and no exercise and I don't really care. I'm not gaining so....
    I didn't make it to yoga because my dryer died and I had wet clothes to take to the laundry mat for drying. UGH! I do plan to go to barre class tonight.
  • rdbasile
    rdbasile Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just started
    goal. 12/13
    Green. Yes
    Exercise yes
  • jenthibert
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 20
    Streak? 10 (2 Streaks complete and that was one of my goals!)
    Exercise today? No
    Exercise days this month so far: 15

Rest day today. I'm actually enjoying the coaching thing. I love getting workouts for the week and just working my way through them. There's some flexibility in them too, which helps me adjust due to weather or other things. This is the third week so we're still figuring each other out. The workouts come in a Google Doc that we share so she puts in the workout and I respond with comments about how it goes.

Works for now!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Green: Yes...Chevy style.
    Streak: 1/10
    Goal: 17/25
    Exercise: I did a light run today. The best part of the day though was getting a well deserved massage. I'm ready to run another half marathon now. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    10/19 and 20 RED 16/25 and no exercise. The wheels have fallen off my wagon. I think part of it is grief and part of it is just stuff. I have got to get my Honda to the shop so that I don't have to share a car with my daughter and can get to my own schedule. I also have to order parts for my dryer which has died so that I don't have to go to the laundromat daily.

@jenthibert glad your workouts are working
    @Laughter_Girl you are the RunBoss!! Glad your half went well and you are ready to do it again.
  • rdbasile
    rdbasile Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    10/20 Green
    2/13
    Exercise: my trainer worked me hard!
    Keep it up everyone
  • jenthibert
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 21
    Streak? Met goal (2 Streaks complete and that was one of my goals!)
    Exercise today? Yes
    Exercise days this month so far: 16

45 minutes on the treadmill, running.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    So! Who else is watching Back to the Future?! Introducing the kids to it now :)
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Finally a green day!
    Total 12/21

Getting back on track! Day by day, slowly but surely
    I felt that slow slide coming on. Uh oh!!! Foot is feeling better. I went for a walk today and it was sore , but no pain. I think I was over thinking any slight twinge I felt! Tonight it feels great which is the real test. It wasn't in pain till kater on
    Fingers crossed!

@MelissaPhippsFeagins. .. there's a wagon? Mine left me behind at the station last month. Hope things get back to normal soon.
    @Laughter_Girl so proud of you for such a quick half marathon recovery! Awesome!!

@jenthibert you are going to be running that next marathon at this rate! You rock!!

@rdbasile welcome to the group! Keep up the good work :)
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Streak: 2/10
    Goal: 18/25
    Exercise: Just a little strength training today.

Everyone keep up the good work. I'm sleepy tonight. I'll be prepared to chat tomorrow.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Green!
    Total 13/21

Getting it done day by day!! Walked a little more at lunch
    Getting back in the groove.