October 16-31

Options

Replies

• bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    @Laughter_Girl , I'm a loner as well on my runs/walks. It's very meditative to me- I just get in that zone and it's so soothing! I generally don't listen to music either Anyways, I don't like pushy people! Sounds like she wants to run with you to prove to herself she's faster or something. I love Melissa's response! That's fabulous. I'd say "running is my time, and I do it alone, for me." Offer to do something else like Jen suggested hike, gym, charity walk etc. Pushing yourself too fast is a great recipe for injury, so you can also tell her that. Let us know how it works out.

• bbinoa
    Options
    Green
    Total 16/21

My foot is doing fine! Yippee!! I however had this huge freak out over the marathon. It's two weeks away (as of yesterday) and I finally admitted I'm scared- really scared! I was almost in tears telling my husband this. After I admitted all the ridiculous things I'm afraid of (taking too long, getting hurt, getting lost, not finishing and having people laugh... I know, that one's really dumb), I did feel better. But hey, it's going to take me longer to do this than it did to have my kids AND last I checked there were no pre-race epidurals handed out. I guess a few dozen freak outs are normal? Doing better today and getting ready to take a walk.
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 25
    Streak? Met goal (2 Streaks complete and that was one of my goals!)
    Exercise today? Yes
    Exercise days this month so far: 20

@bbinoa, so happy the foot is a go. You're going to do an awesome job, I have no doubt!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    October 26 - green; exercise -no
    18/25 & 5/15

@bbinoa - glad your foot is feeling better
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    October 26 = GREEN
    Count / Goal: 19/25
    Streak: 3/ 10
  • jenthibert
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 26
    Exercise today? Yes
    Exercise days this month so far: 21

Short walk in the woods with hubby after work. Gorgeous fall day!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    10.26 & 10.27
    Green: Yes & No (Very much so)
    Streak: 0/10 (Can't wait until this month is over so I can eliminate this challenge.)
    Goal: 23/25
    Exercise: It was another busy day that didn't provide time for exercise. I'll have to make up for it the rest of the week.

Thanks to those that offered great advice regarding my running stalker. Ha, ha, ha, ha. I'm sure to get rid of her now.

Confession: I ate a lot of donuts today. My husband was being nice by going to the cider mill to buy me a bunch of donuts because I casually mentioned a donut sounded good this morning. Bless his heart. What in the world would make him think I wanted OR needed a dozen donuts?!?!?!?!?! Poor Kristal. I guess it's the thought that counts. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    10/27
    Green
    Total 17/21... I might make this after all!

Mmmmmm..... donuts @Laughter_Girl ! I'm doing my Homer Simpson impression for you! What's a few (12) donuts? hehe. Enjoy!

POURING rain today. Yuck. I don't even want to think what I'd do if someone gave me a dozen donuts today! It would involve stretchy pants for sure though.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    10/27/15
    Green, yes 19/25 streak 4 ( I think)
    Exercise, yes 6/15 - barre class for the first time in 7 weeks. The pain is real, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

@Laughter_Girl if they were gf, I'd totally scarf down a dozen Apple Cider donuts. LOL. Which makes me wonder if I could make my own, but I would have to freeze them if it worked. Hmmm...

• jenthibert
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 27
    Exercise today? Yes
    Exercise days this month so far: 22

Treadmill, 40 minutes. 5 warm up, 5 cool down and 30 jogging (1 minute slower, 1 minute faster).

@Laughter_Girl, the donuts sound amazing!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Green
    Total 18 / 21

Tomorrow is my towns trick or treat night. We just bought about 15 lbs of candy. Red alert!!!
    I also quit my gym tonight.... living on the wild side! Actually decided to use my works on site fitness center instead. It's free, and I seem to be doing better getting my workouts in at lunchtime. I'm not good at getting out at night when it's dark and cold. Do what you gotta do, right? I'm thinking post marathon I want to try to keep up the weekend runs and train for an early spring half.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    @bbinoa, my office has a free facility too. I have a feeling I'll be using it this winter. I'll probably go after work though. I only get a 30 minute lunch and I'm usually scarfing something down as I fly out the door to another site.

I like your goal for spring!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Streak: 1/10
    Goal: 24/25
    Exercise: I did a circuit training today. It was just what I needed.

@bbinoa Using a free fitness center beats paying for a gym membership every time in my book. Take full advantage of it. I'm thinking I'll do an early spring half too. I've got to keep the momentum going.
    @jenthibert The donuts were delicious, but I certainly didn't need them. I've got to start keeping my cravings to myself. :D Also, your exercise for this month was quite impressive. I think I'll set an exercise goal for myself next month.
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins I'm so glad you were able to survive the barre class. You're pushing through the pain! I don't even want to learn how to make donuts. That would be REAL bad. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 28
    Exercise today? Yes
    Exercise days this month so far: 23

Treadmill, 45 minutes. 5 warm up, 40 at a good pace.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Streak: 2/10
    Goal: 25/25 (Yippee!!!)
    Exercise: It was a light cardio dancing workout today.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Green today
    Green total 19/21

Lots of trick or treat walking tonight.

@Laughter_Girl Yippee on making your goal already!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Streak: 3/10
    Goal: 26/25
    Exercise: I did a 30 minute run today.

@bbinoa Enjoy all that walking! Make sure you treat yourself a little for all your hard work. :)
  • jenthibert
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 29
    Exercise today? No
    Exercise days this month so far: 23
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    10/28 - green 10/29 & 10/30 - red 20/25
    No exercise any of those days. 6/15

@Laughter_Girl there are 4 kids at my house...donuts don't really last long enough to be dangerous.

I wish my work had a gym I could use at lunch, but I like the classes at the Y and my kids use the pool so I will just keep going there.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 29
    Exercise today? Yes
    Exercise days this month so far: 24

Just going to call today red. Company coming, appetizers and takeout with wine while passing out candy. Not sure what's going on, maybe a change due to no long walks, but I've gained a few pounds that need to come back off so I'll be adjusting my calories downward a little next month...