Winter Training Challenges - Signup/Discussion Thread

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    sorry I had to post an "amendment" for one of my rides earlier - I found that I'd mucked up the Tacx TTS softwares transfer to Strava routine, and i'd basically "doubled up" on the ride - one post had all the details, the other had everything but the mapping. There was also a 1 kCal difference in the numbers. Problem was, I'd declared the post sans-map. So, I've swapped the declaration post and adjusted my numbers down by 1 in my declaration post, totals AND in the spreadsheet. Hopefully going forward I'll get it right - but I need to remember to check my Strava feed to ensure that there are no duplications of the posting otherwise it'll potentially bugger up the placings on the Strava League (not that I actually expect to trouble that part of things at the moment... must admit, I've barely been looking on Strava as I already know pretty much everything about my rides before uploading them - having watched the data unfold on screen while I'm riding the indoor trainer...)
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll start taking a interest in Strava again when you start beasting it again Mark.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Well crap... I just saw the Festive 500 is outdoor only. Good luck to the rest of you.
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Well crap... I just saw the Festive 500 is outdoor only. Good luck to the rest of you.

Yep it's exactly what makes the Festive 500 the challenge it is, didn't manage it last year because the weather was so bad, hoping for better this year.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Jakess1971 wrote: »
    ... hoping for better this year.

If it stays as mild as is forecast, then you should have no bother whatsoever...
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    ... hoping for better this year.

If it stays as mild as is forecast, then you should have no bother whatsoever...

That's the hope, just the wind and rain to contend with then :)
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Yep it's exactly what makes the Festive 500 the challenge it is, didn't manage it last year because the weather was so bad, hoping for better this year.

Understandable. My issue isn't so much the weather as it is my job and time available to ride outside on those days. I can fit in about 25 miles a day commuting max, but to meet the 39 mile a day/8 day average I would need perfect conditions with some major rides on the one weekend. I haven't ruled it out completely but it's highly doubtful. Good luck to ya!
  • Jakess1971
    Options

Understandable. My issue isn't so much the weather as it is my job and time available to ride outside on those days. I can fit in about 25 miles a day commuting max, but to meet the 39 mile a day/8 day average I would need perfect conditions with some major rides on the one weekend. I haven't ruled it out completely but it's highly doubtful. Good luck to ya!

Some people ride the lot on one day :)
  • chernij
    chernij Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I really like the new graph added to the spreadsheet!
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Logging Rule Notification - From January 1st 7 consecutive days of absent logging will earn automatic exit from the challenge, currently this is 14 days which is a little too long when it comes to keeping the sheet updated.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    chernij wrote: »
    I really like the new graph added to the spreadsheet!

thanks, can you tell I was bored one afternoon ?
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Logging Rule Notification - From January 1st 7 consecutive days of absent logging will earn automatic exit from the challenge, currently this is 14 days which is a little too long when it comes to keeping the sheet updated.

agreed - if you're going to be away for 7 days or more, then it's at least common courtesy to let people know... I'm pretty sure I managed to get the word out the reason I went AWOL within 7 days, and If I did, in those circumstances, I think anyone can...

• chernij
    chernij Posts: 75 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I don't think I can find the answer in this thread, but I wondered... if I use my Fitbit Surge to track a 'ride' on an indoor exercise bike, and export to Strava, can I get the calories from that for this challenge?
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    chernij wrote: »
    I don't think I can find the answer in this thread, but I wondered... if I use my Fitbit Surge to track a 'ride' on an indoor exercise bike, and export to Strava, can I get the calories from that for this challenge?

Yes but the main point about this kind of submission is the calories reported are a true reflection of effort, if your confident that what is burnt is correct and you use this in your exercise diary then it's ok by me.
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    What's happened to the news feed on the homepage?
  • Jakess1971
    Options

What news feed on what home page? Lol
  • cloggsy71
    Options

What news feed on what home page? Lol

I get a homepage, just no news feed & also all my MFP friends haven't logged in for 4 days (according to the friends list).
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    well, we have, and we've been posting.... honest!
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Sounds like a glitch in the Matrix .....