Winter Training Challenges - Signup/Discussion Thread

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    kriles76 wrote: »
    Perhaps the tongue-in-cheek meter is a little low on sensitivity today.

but my *kitten* meter is working Fine... and frankly, I think that Jas needs to toughen up and stop putting up with all the crap some of you lot are throwing his way.

I feel rather protective of these challenges, it has to be said, because for year's I've been running them myself - and it's taken a rather close to death experience to remind me that there's more to life than putting up with other peoples crap - especially when you're doing something to help them / provide them with a free service.

Again, I say it plain - don't like it - F UCK off, don't forget to ask for your membership refunding at the door... oh. wait...

• Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yep I'm a big softie, I've already had to chuck three riders off for joining in a challenge and then not giving a monkeys (+3 who opted out) and now applying a strict 3 crap logs and your out, this makes me as the organiser feel a bit crap to be honest so I'm asking everyone who's left on the challenge to do this:

1. Log at least once a week so I don't have to worry about chucking people off
    2. Be positive, if you moan about how this is set up I'd prefer it if you walked.
    3. When logging keep to the standard format, we are a month in now so no excuses.
    4. Be respectful to those doing the admin work and abide by the decisions made.

Now let's focus on riding, doing our best in the leagues and hopefully have some fun in the process! :)
  • Jakess1971
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The strava league bonus points for this week are:

izkjnulkcr4b.png

A poor week for me but great to see lots of different names in the running and a stunning week from Joshua.
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    So here we have our November Strava champions, no less then 14 riders, take a bow:

pdu8zioawpgd.png

A couple of these riders have fallen from the challenge but they still deserve an honorary mention above.

Thanks to everyone who has taken part in November, here's hoping for a kick *kitten* December!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Jakess1971 wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone who has taken part in November, here's hoping for a kick *kitten* December!

The thanks should be going to you, Jas, for all the organisation and work you're putting in (not to forget Clive for his help in adding rides to the spreadsheet as well)...

I know how much work goes into running a challenge with this many people participating - lets be clear - this is getting on for the same kind of data throughput as one of the Grand Tour Challenges, especially with all the bonuses and photo verification stuff, extra leagues and all the rest... And, I'll be honest, at the end of the 3 weeks of the Grand Tours, I'm bloody glad not to have to spend the first hour of my day keying in data. To take this up for a 4 MONTH time period is a hell of a commitment, and one that I personally applaud - and I think we need to do all we can to make this task easier for Jason. So - stick to the logging format as prescribed, log regularly, if you're going to vanish for a few days contact him and let him know so he's not hunting around for your data... you get the picture - be helpful -

And always remember folks...

You get the kind of community you deserve.

People who Put something Back into the Community are what hold it Together.

Without these people giving of their time, there wouldn't BE this Group, and there Wouldn't BE these Challenges.

I know it's a little late for Thanksgiving, but maybe we should all have a short flashback, and be thankful that there ARE people who give of their time and energies to make this place Better, More Interesting, and more Challenging.

Now, here's to a strong Winter/Off-Season for us all, and (hopefully) a strong start in the "Spring Classics" from March onwards... I certainly could do with a good season next year!

(and on a personal note, Jas... I'm really happy that you chose to take up the running of this challenge - I'd have hated it to not happen, but as i'm sure you're aware, I'm a little pre-occupied with other things at the moment to be able to devote the time and attention it deserves.)

• Jakess1971
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »

(and on a personal note, Jas... I'm really happy that you chose to take up the running of this challenge - I'd have hated it to not happen, but as i'm sure you're aware, I'm a little pre-occupied with other things at the moment to be able to devote the time and attention it deserves.)

It does take up more time then you expect, always the case though, I hope everyone who's left in this is now committed to the very end, the CAT leagues need you, hoping to see some real efforts on this one, nothing like promotion or the threat of relegation to keep things spicy.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Jakess1971 wrote: »

The thanks should be going to you, Jas, for all the organisation and work you're putting in (not to forget Clive for his help in adding rides to the spreadsheet as well)...

I know how much work goes into running a challenge with this many people participating - lets be clear - this is getting on for the same kind of data throughput as one of the Grand Tour Challenges, especially with all the bonuses and photo verification stuff, extra leagues and all the rest... And, I'll be honest, at the end of the 3 weeks of the Grand Tours, I'm bloody glad not to have to spend the first hour of my day keying in data. To take this up for a 4 MONTH time period is a hell of a commitment, and one that I personally applaud - and I think we need to do all we can to make this task easier for Jason. So - stick to the logging format as prescribed, log regularly, if you're going to vanish for a few days contact him and let him know so he's not hunting around for your data... you get the picture - be helpful -

And always remember folks...

You get the kind of community you deserve.

People who Put something Back into the Community are what hold it Together.

Without these people giving of their time, there wouldn't BE this Group, and there Wouldn't BE these Challenges.

I know it's a little late for Thanksgiving, but maybe we should all have a short flashback, and be thankful that there ARE people who give of their time and energies to make this place Better, More Interesting, and more Challenging.

Now, here's to a strong Winter/Off-Season for us all, and (hopefully) a strong start in the "Spring Classics" from March onwards... I certainly could do with a good season next year!

If there was a like button in the community threads I'd use it! Yes, thanks to Jason for leading the charge on this challenge. I can't imagine the hours that it takes to compile/track all the data. I've told many people about the Winter Cycle Challenge and they all think it's a great thing... well except my husband who doesn't understanding why I'm at the gym for so long sometimes.
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words :)
    trimom10 wrote: »
    I can't imagine the hours that it takes to compile/track all the data. I've told many people about the Winter Cycle Challenge and they all think it's a great thing... well except my husband who doesn't understanding why I'm at the gym for so long sometimes.

Not as many hours as it does to try and keep up with Dave in the leaderboard!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    thought I'd better put something into this community after my last little rant.

So - here's something that may raise a smile at least.

Custom Dossards, based on you're "November Cat" finishing...

First Category...

22837172654_6dd6b1c972_o.jpgMFP_WC_101 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23465552895_5b5b04ce50_o.jpgMFP_WC_102 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    22837584694_8fbbdda82c_o.jpgMFP_WC_103 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23357416872_d71001e3a0_o.jpgMFP_WC_104 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    22838786663_0c35eef767_o.jpgMFP_WC_105 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    22837584084_d0c8ab0103_o.jpgMFP_WC_106 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23357416062_9a472a4872_o.jpgMFP_WC_107 by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Second Cat...
    23357551402_4d70e09358_o.jpgMFP_WC_201 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23357551142_9eab7aff4c_o.jpgMFP_WC_202 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23098093049_572d811008_o.jpgMFP_WC_203 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23170275370_8748d5f112_o.jpgMFP_WC_204 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23439908816_fb73d07399_o.jpgMFP_WC_205 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23383549481_cbbf57f323_o.jpgMFP_WC_206 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23383548981_600a38c292_o.jpgMFP_WC_207 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Third Cat...
    23098208689_d305dfe0aa_o.jpgMFP_WC_301 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23357667052_df7b3547f6_o.jpgMFP_WC_302 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23098208259_8ffe8fb510_o.jpgMFP_WC_303 by The Big Yin, on Flickr23383665241_acbbf25d45_o.jpgMFP_WC_304 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23357666112_ae80d36b1e_o.jpgMFP_WC_305 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23440023186_be940260fc_o.jpgMFP_WC_306 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23466180015_a3cbe07d9c_o.jpgMFP_WC_307 by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Fourth Cat...
    22839102043_c779537c7e_o.jpgMFP_WC_401 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23357731522_cbc1b3e4bb_o.jpgMFP_WC_402 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    23357731362_9e732589aa_o.jpgMFP_WC_403 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
    22839101323_b56357a046_o.jpgMFP_WC_404 by The Big Yin, on Flickr

• Jakess1971
    Options
    Love these, updated my profile and Strava to match :)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    boredom is a terrible thing Officer D. ;)
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Love these! Thanks for great work TBY. MFP and Strava updated.
  • Dave2041
    Dave2041 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Haha Fantastic!!
  • chernij
    chernij Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Love them :smile:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    So, do we all get the cat references, or are you all too young ?
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

I'm guessing they're from some cartoon from decades ago? LOL :wink:
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    gobonas99 wrote: »

I'm guessing they're from some cartoon from decades ago? LOL :wink:

Ha! Google is my friend! they're from "Top Cat" - a Hanna-Barbera cartoon (30 episodes) that ran on ABC from Sept 1961 through April 1962. It was rebroadcast on NBC from 65-69. (both WELL before my time :tongue: LOL!) It was in syndication from 70-93. I may have caught it at some point in syndication, but I have no recollection of it.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    LOL nice1, Mark! I'm 43 so I def remember these cats on Saturday Morning Cartoons! The struggle of having ONE day of cartoons that kids these days will never know of!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    LOL nice1, Mark! I'm 43 so I def remember these cats on Saturday Morning Cartoons! The struggle of having ONE day of cartoons that kids these days will never know of!