kriles76 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    Jakess1971 wrote: »
    lol very weak looking virtual snowman!

Any Better ??

k7afk409b5u7.jpg

PMSL

That's the closest thing to a snowman I'll get to see here. It was 36 deg C in Melbourne today. It's still 30.4 deg and it's nearly ticking over 8PM.
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Strava League bonus points have now been added

ef6l02xl7taq.png

• steffenson
    steffenson Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I think it is kind of funny in the logging thread people are posting their bike rides and then their 'rest days' - made me realize that for the next couple of months the days I spin are my rest days! (and non bike days are when I do a harder workout).
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    steffenson wrote: »
    I think it is kind of funny in the logging thread people are posting their bike rides and then their 'rest days' - made me realize that for the next couple of months the days I spin are my rest days! (and non bike days are when I do a harder workout).

Posting rest days up front really helps the logging admin process and keeps stuff up to date

Tip of the day: if you know you have a couple of rest days coming up declare them you bag yourself a bonus per day of 0.25 up front, useful if your popping on holiday and know your not gonna ride.

My rest days are total chill outs, ride hard and rest hard I say :)
  • Jakess1971
    edited November 2015
    Options
    kriles76 wrote: »

That's the closest thing to a snowman I'll get to see here. It was 36 deg C in Melbourne today. It's still 30.4 deg and it's nearly ticking over 8PM.

In the interest of keeping it fair for those in a warmer climate I'm open to seasonal suggestions, a tornado in tornado season perhaps? Picture of a kangaroo riding a bike? :)

KangarooBicycling-594x396.jpg

*** don't you just love google

Failing that I'm open to good fun bonus point ideas especially with picture bonuses, Mark always did a lot of fun stuff for the classics, can even make a ride looking out for the things to find. These could be specific for a day or month or the whole challenge.

• steffenson
    steffenson Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Posting rest days up front really helps the logging admin process and keeps stuff up to date

Tip of the day: if you know you have a couple of rest days coming up declare them you bag yourself a bonus per day of 0.25 up front, useful if your popping on holiday and know your not gonna ride.

My rest days are total chill outs, ride hard and rest hard I say :)

Yes it was just the words 'rest day' that I found funny as it seems strange for me to use that term when those are the days I'm actually working out hard (just not biking)!

Also: do you want us to keep a running total of calories burnt on our logging page? Will it help? or be more confusing with all the bonus points you are also adding in?
  • Jakess1971
    Options

Also: do you want us to keep a running total of calories burnt on our logging page? Will it help? or be more confusing with all the bonus points you are also adding in?

No need to keep a running total of the calories, what I do suggest is when logging:

Show the day your logging for plus a few for the days before if not all previous.
    Show a running list of self declared bonus points like metric centuries and your strava trophies like gran fondos.

If I see multiple days logged I'll quickly check the previous days to see if anything has been missed and with the running list of self declared bonus points I can easily see if the total of these tally with the 'self declared' entry box in the spreadsheet.

The best way is just to keep copying and adding to your last entry.

• gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

Failing that I'm open to good fun bonus point ideas especially with picture bonuses, Mark always did a lot of fun stuff for the classics, can even make a ride looking out for the things to find. These could be specific for a day or month or the whole challenge.

Picture of a turkey for thanksgiving :)

• Jakess1971
    Options
    gobonas99 wrote: »

Tell you what, if you convince the British Government to give us Brits a bank holiday to celebrate this occasion I'm all for it :)

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options

Tell you what, if you convince the British Government to give us Brits a bank holiday to celebrate this occasion I'm all for it :)

aw crap, not more Turkey...
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    .... I just want another bank holiday off.

I think we should have one for St Georges day.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Agreed, even though St George was Turkish :)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »

Agreed, even though St George was Turkish :)

yeah, but think of the good he did for the world, getting rid of my Ex...
  • cloggsy71
    edited November 2015
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    yeah, but think of the good he did for the world, getting rid of my Ex...

:D:D:D

• Jakess1971
    Options

Well I think we are finally making some headway, been quite a couple of weeks getting this setup and has felt a bit like this at times ....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Well I think we are finally making some headway, been quite a couple of weeks getting this setup and has felt a bit like this at times ....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

Duly stolen and employed on another forum, where there's a 9 page *kitten*-a-thon about the quality of the Moderation and their over-zealous nature...

(yes, I may happen to be one of the moderators on there, and I'm showing REMARKABLE degrees of patience not to unleash the hammer of doom... however if it continues much longer then the weather forecast is...

ae9imhshdxx3.jpg

• cloggsy71
    Options
    For those who 'Zwift', I've started a new group; MFP Zwifters. It's by invite only, so if you send me a PM, I'll forward you an invite ;)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109881-mfp-zwifters
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    For those who 'Zwift', I've started a new group; MFP Zwifters. It's by invite only, so if you send me a PM, I'll forward you an invite ;)

Cool, decent idea, I'm in .... but hopefully riding out more then in, crazy mild weather in the UK atm
  • Jakess1971
    edited November 2015
    Options

New picture based bonus point available for Thursday, November 26 Thanksgiving Day 2015 - a picture of something your thankful for attached to your Strava activity ... easy point this as it's likely to be your bike. Suggested by gobonas99 aka Christina.

More suggestions are most welcome.
  • TheBigYin
    Options

I'm in. I've even posted something in there ;)