Winter Training Challenges - Signup/Discussion Thread

Options

Replies

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Jakess1971 wrote: »
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    1st 'Zwift Official' FTP done (1pt), new FTP of 327 watts (up from 296 watts - 1pt) - Yay! Although I can't see anywhere on Zwift where you can view the FTP numbers???

No idea where it stores it, I take a snapshot of the result and stick it in the Strava entry .... or I'd forget and get it wrong later.

I tried to, but by the time I'd got my phone out of my pocket to take a 'snapshot', put my code in the data in the screen had gone off (& I'm too far away from my laptop to reach over to it - especially as I was blowing out of my *kitten* at the time!)
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    1st 'Zwift Official' FTP done (1pt), new FTP of 327 watts (up from 296 watts - 1pt) - Yay! Although I can't see anywhere on Zwift where you can view the FTP numbers???

No idea where it stores it, I take a snapshot of the result and stick it in the Strava entry .... or I'd forget and get it wrong later.

I tried to, but by the time I'd got my phone out of my pocket to take a 'snapshot', put my code in the data in the screen had gone off (& I'm too far away from my laptop to reach over to it - especially as I was blowing out of my *kitten* at the time!)

Get your Mrs on standby next time :)
  • Dave2041
    Dave2041 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'll weigh in with a picture... Top of Doghouse climb West Yorkshire about to descend into the fog.

DiqIXay.jpg
  • Dave2041
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »

Cool - the thing I realised with the Grand Tour Challenges is that we're quickly onto page 17, and anything in the OP is long, long forgotten...

Luckily I think we are no longer limited by pages (hopefully) like the old forum which is a good thing considering it's day 2 of a 121 day challenge .....

Regarding a limit... Could always have one post each and edit it each time? Perhaps a message to yourself when an update is required?? Or could just open a new thread haha.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Get your Mrs on standby next time :)

She moaned like hell because I called her to turn my fan on (as I'd forgotten & was well into the warm-up by then...) Can you imagine having to ask her to press a bloody button :lol:
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Dave2041 wrote: »

Regarding a limit... Could always have one post each and edit it each time? Perhaps a message to yourself when an update is required?? Or could just open a new thread haha.

I would'nt worry, besides I believe we have a 1 hour time out for editing.

She moaned like hell because I called her to turn my fan on (as I'd forgotten & was well into the warm-up by then...) Can you imagine having to ask her to press a bloody button :lol:

God forbid! :)
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    smeakim1 wrote: »
    Not that it really matters but here is a perfect example of Strava doing its thin. Rode CX at lunch today for about 35 minutes. Upload to Garmin connect 370 calories. Upload same file to Strava 142 calories. Not that it really matters as I wont be able to keep up with those that can still ride outside all winter, so the difference was 228 calories but its just a real example of what everyone has been talking about just an FYI.

Just use the Garmin link cals then and add the Garmin link in, all counts as far as I'm concerned.
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Idea of the day, I'm full of em you know: if we have 21 or more active loggers from December we could have a three/four tier league based on the previous month, Cat 1 to Cat 3/4 which would allow riders of similar ability to compete against each other, we can't all have the time to fit in three or four hrs a day 6 days a week training in, ride for promotion and you'd get bonus points for league position in your category. If I get 5 or more yeys on this then I'll set it up for December based on a snapshot of Novembers results on 31st November. So YEY or NAY?? :)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    makes more sense to me than having a fixed team setup - it'd be the only way I'd have a chance to get a 3rd cat licence again these days... so, I guess "YEY".

• Jakess1971
    Options
    :) The 'cat 1-3' is a little tongue in cheek I have to admit, just don't want it to all be about the big hitters, competing in a category league could add a little glory and motivation for the various levels, we do need 21 or more active loggers though.
  • Dave2041
    Options
    Why not :smile: Is this why you removed the chart?
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Tables still in the spreadsheet, sometimes it can takes a few seconds to pop up.

Well that 3 YAYs so far for the cat 1 to 3/4 league starting December, do I hear a 4th & 5th vote for anyone, come on show me some love and enthusiasm! lol ....
  • steffenson
    steffenson Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    YEY!
  • jillyian
    jillyian Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yey
  • jillyian
    jillyian Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't throw in my yes for teams but apparently people didn't want to do those anyways.

Today is my 1st day riding,
    I will log tomorrow when I can get on the computer rather then iPhone,
    So when the logging entries say either
    Out or
    In
    Does that mean it's an outdoor ride or an indoor trainer/zwift ride?
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Yep simply indoor/outdoor, basically a heads up for the admin if they want to check the entry.

Ok cool, we have a few yeys to give the cat 1 to 3/4 a whirl in December as long as we have a minimum of 21 active loggers, see how it pans out.
  • Jakess1971
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Initial setup of the Cat 1 to 3 leagues just to give you an idea of how it works, for now it's just jostling for positions for Decembers league placements, current provisional placements are:

azlprdaoktn5.png

uoadxux6bpi6.png

5ks53ai1vp0s.png

It's early days though, on November 30th a snapshot of all declared rides will be made and positions will then be set, then it's just a matter of riding for promotion and avoiding relegation during the month of December for January placements etc.

Bonus points awarded at the end of each month for each respective league will be:

Position 1: 10 points
    Position 2: 8 points
    Position 3: 6 points
    Position 4: 4 points
    Position 5: 2 points
    Position 6: 0 points
    Position 7: 0 points

The summary tab will contain a collective points amount for all months.

The category leagues points will be for the month, so you effectively start from scratch each month.

I hope the cat league names bring a smile to your face.
  • chernij
    chernij Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If there is room :)

https://www.strava.com/athletes/1957445 - chernij - Jonny C.

I only cycle for commuting at the moment (exams in January!) but would definitely be interested!
  • Jakess1971
    edited November 2015
    Options
    chernij wrote: »

I only cycle for commuting at the moment (exams in January!) but would definitely be interested!

Hi, Yep added you in, your Rider 31, feel free to declare any rides from the 1st November in the logging thread, have a look at the format and notes at the top of the thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10274765/2015-2016-mfp-winter-challenge-ride-logging-thread/p1

Invite has been sent to the Strava Winter club, you get bonus points for being in the top three each week for Distance, Longest Ride, Climbing and Speed, awarded every Monday.
  • chernij
    chernij Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    chernij wrote: »

Hi, Yep added you in, your Rider 31, feel free to declare any rides from the 1st November in the logging thread, have a look at the format and notes at the top of the thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10274765/2015-2016-mfp-winter-challenge-ride-logging-thread/p1

Invite has been sent to the Strava Winter club, you get bonus points for being in the top three each week for Distance, Longest Ride, Climbing and Speed, awarded every Monday.

Great, thanks :)