Winter Training Challenges - Signup/Discussion Thread

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    gawd, you do like thins complicated, don't you Jas...

You know that you've just talked yourself into running this next year, because even if I'm back "on all cylinders" there's no way I can hope to either follow or even understand the arcane bonus structures you've got in place... I'm sticking with "just keep riding and reporting" for the moment, and letting you take care of any of the bonus points, because, frankly, i'm likely to get a nosebleed if I try and work them out.

I trust you, you'll get it right and make it work, crack on fella...

(oh - as to being the MC and doing the "end of season report" bit, I'm happy to do something - but you might have to PM me an "idiots guide" to the bonus points" at the end of the challenge - don't do it now for christ sake,it'll only confuse me more, at the end will be fine...)
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Lol don't worry about the bonus points thing and I'll ensure the summary totals include these, I have it covered, it's just one thing that was niggling away at me.

ok Clive the end of season MC thing is yours, feel free to collaborate with Mark on it, I'm sure you'll do a bang up job.

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Jakess1971 wrote: »
    ok Clive the end of season MC thing is yours

Eh? I never said a word :s
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    Jakess1971 wrote: »
    ok Clive the end of season MC thing is yours

Eh? I never said a word :s

Lol oops I meant Mark!
  • Jakess1971
    Options

Strava bonus points now applied for last week:

qiikyb0seymz.png
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Reminder that we have a thanksgiving picture bonus on Thursday, November 26, alternatively if you don't want to take a picture I'll hand out a special bonus point to those that do a ride in the shape of a turkey .....

fcm3r0e1p6k7.jpg
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Would a picture of a bottle of Wild Turkey count? :*
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I was picturing more of a cooked Thanksgiving turkey lmao!
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Pictures of cooked turkeys on dinner tables are band for two reasons .... they make me hungry and your not on your bike! :)
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Since it's a picture of something we're thankful for, vs something we find out on a ride, will pics attached to trainer rides count? :)
  • m1xm0d3
    edited November 2015
    Options
    No, I meant cycling a route in the shape of a cooked turkey.

979b086ad1922ba72206a48fb1a0120c.jpg

But I have no intention of using either for my point claim. ;)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    here's a picture of A fat useless Turkey

23007753760_bde99bab12_o.jpgFat Useless Turkey... by The Big Yin, on Flickr

(I'm getting overtaken by a Novelty Airship at the time...)
  • chernij
    chernij Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    How's this for a Turkey Ride? Quite realistic to do too, and local to me! Although my art skills are ready to be shamed...

p1f6eeujbaf2.jpg
  • chernij
    chernij Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    smeakim1 wrote: »
    chernij wrote: »
    How's this for a Turkey Ride? Quite realistic to do too, and local to me! Although my art skills are ready to be shamed...

p1f6eeujbaf2.jpg

The sad part is someone figured this out. Close enough I'd give you the bonus point.

Sad thing is that person was actually me. I did it for the lulz. Also to see if it was possible!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    I rode today, used the Strava app to record, at my rest stop I took some photos, at the end of the ride and 'before saving' I attached 2 photos and saved the now completed workout, yet the photos do not show in the map overlay. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere so the map overlay isn't a requirement for points, is it?
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    gobonas99 wrote: »
    Since it's a picture of something we're thankful for, vs something we find out on a ride, will pics attached to trainer rides count? :)

lol, no! I think we've covered this one, come on your killing me here, I've already had to allow a none snow snowman on a technicality! :)
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    chernij wrote: »

p1f6eeujbaf2.jpg

Yes that is acceptable even though it's the sickest looking turkey I've ever seen! :)
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I rode today, used the Strava app to record, at my rest stop I took some photos, at the end of the ride and 'before saving' I attached 2 photos and saved the now completed workout, yet the photos do not show in the map overlay. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere so the map overlay isn't a requirement for points, is it?

You need an Instagram account linked to your Strava. Take photo's in Instagram out on your ride & upload them before you upload your ride & the images will be GPS located on your map ;)
  • Jakess1971
    Options

It is a requirement, see page 1 of the logging thread:

'It's important to not that all future related bonus pics must have GPS encoded in them so they can be shown in the route, see my example:

https://www.strava.com/activities/437243989'

I do sympathise with you but It does look like your missing something in the setup when it comes to adding pics on your Strava, perhaps you have location settings turned off on your phone or when using something like the Android instagram app I believe you have to tick a box that says use the photo map:

http://www.scarletfire.co.uk/strava-instagram/

• Jakess1971
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »

You need an Instagram account linked to your Strava. Take photo's in Instagram out on your ride & upload them before you upload your ride & the images will be GPS located on your map ;)

I've added them direct using the iPhone Strava app and it's added them on the map ok, I think this is more likely a 'turned off' location setting on the phone or camera device.