What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Bun looks pretty nummy, @psuLemon, is it low carb or 'regular' just fits your macros today? I've been eating too much gluten free toast (which is usually even higher in carb than regular) warm out of the toaster with lots of melting butter. BAD combo... uniform pants are starting to feel quite uncomfy these days. Gotta haul myself back on a stricter wagon.
    gmdli1cho90x.png
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    nyh1mi4g2oau.jpg
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Bun looks pretty nummy, @psuLemon, is it low carb or 'regular' just fits your macros today? I've been eating too much gluten free toast (which is usually even higher in carb than regular) warm out of the toaster with lots of melting butter. BAD combo... uniform pants are starting to feel quite uncomfy these days. Gotta haul myself back on a stricter wagon.
    gmdli1cho90x.png

It's a low carb bun. It's from a company called 647. I believe it's like 4 net carbs per bun.
  • erin3011
    erin3011 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    s7xs8nbkdgjp.jpeg
    dfe8xo67lkq5.jpeg
    f53ihz1v974d.jpeg
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Some recent meals.

1k6c26e84iog.jpg
    qgahgeyaofda.jpg
    pz1b3v5nkyg3.jpg
    uibsac884x0a.jpg
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @erin3011 what were the cutlets breaded with? They look pretty tasty.
  • erin3011
    Options
    Just parm and egg! Works amazingly. Got it from Maria Emmerich’s Keto Comfort foods. Excuse my changes in pencil, I had to adjust the recipe because I thawed out too many pork chops! 😂
  • erin3011
    Options
    See above. I forgot to tag you
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @erin3011 what were the cutlets breaded with? They look pretty tasty.

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    znt24mph9wc4.jpg

didn’t like them before but, decided to retry them (chia seeds) again now that my tastebuds are different, they will be here tomorrow and i am going to make a keto chocolate pudding recipe i found online but, yours looks less chunky looking which i think i would like better. could you share recipe prettyyyyy please :)

• psuLemon
    Options
    MrsSylvie wrote: »
    znt24mph9wc4.jpg

didn’t like them before but, decided to retry them (chia seeds) again now that my tastebuds are different, they will be here tomorrow and i am going to make a keto chocolate pudding recipe i found online but, yours looks less chunky looking which i think i would like better. could you share recipe prettyyyyy please :)

I run higher protein than most traditionally on Keto. Below is one of my 2 self-designed recipes. This is my higher protein one but I do note how to reduce carbs more.

4 oz nut milk
    2 tbsp chia seeds
    4 oz greek yogurt (if you want carbs or calories lower, do 8 oz nut milk and no yogurt)
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional)
    2 tbsp cocoa powder

1. Thoroughly combine chia seeds and milk.
    2. Add yogurt and thoroughly mix again
    3. Add optional protein powder and cocoa powder
    4. Put in refrigerator for 1 hr + (ideally overnight)
    5. Pull out of frig, pour in serving dish
    6. Top with a layer of nuts or Lily's chocolate chips
    7. Top with whipped cream

• MrsSylvie
    Options
    @psuLemon
    thank you, just finish making it (minus the protein powder, only have strawberry), i only have unsweetened macadamia milk so added 3 drops of liquid sweetener.in it and i shall now try to wait till tomorrow to eat it :)
  • psuLemon
    Options
    @psuLemon
    thank you, just finish making it (minus the protein powder, only have strawberry), i only have unsweetened macadamia milk so added 3 drops of liquid sweetener.in it and i shall now try to wait till tomorrow to eat it :)

Keep me posted. Adding sweetener was a good call, most cocoa is fairly bitter.
  • MrsSylvie
    Options
    @psuLemon

i didn’t wait till tomorrow lol. i split in 3 servings of 3oz each so my netcarbs were only 3 without whipped cream, so not bad. i loved the texture very much, was smooth tasting like pudding. I will be keeping your recipe and making it often AFTER i get the ‘dutch processed’ cocoa powder version i ordered an hour ago, the 100% cacoa powder i use was just horribly bitter for desert use, even 8 drops of liquid sucralose i added to the 3oz i ate couldn’t tame it down :# . thanks for recipe.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    @psuLemon

i didn’t wait till tomorrow lol. i split in 3 servings of 3oz each so my netcarbs were only 3 without whipped cream, so not bad. i loved the texture very much, was smooth tasting like pudding. I will be keeping your recipe and making it often AFTER i get the ‘dutch processed’ cocoa powder version i ordered an hour ago, the 100% cacoa powder i use was just horribly bitter for desert use, even 8 drops of liquid sucralose i added to the 3oz i ate couldn’t tame it down :# . thanks for recipe.

Yea, my protein powder is what makes mine super smooth and not bitter.
  • psuLemon
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Here are some of my recent meals

z068avb7tae3.jpg

t9nowww4cfh0.jpg

kbisuxkktfcs.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Options
    And my latest creation.

rfhyalhhw2or.jpg

2ithvcefk8g4.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Options
    A bit lower on the fat side, but the whole dinner was less than 400 calories

5cxt7w1w8ir4.jpg

k2n6dk93fihc.jpg