Need help starting

Options

Replies

• ksugirl13
    ksugirl13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks @saranharm for sharing, this thread has some really great advice in it for those of us who are new to the journey! I especially love all this advice about finding TDEE because I am definitely still trying to figure mine out. I just started using the scale to help, but am using trendweight.com to help me to not read too much into the daily fluctuations. I also got a fitbit charge HR and realized while I thought 2501 seemed like a great TDEE I am really closer to 2770!
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I don't have any kind on watch like that. I wonder if it's easier? Has anyone found their actual tdee without one?

Thanks @ksugirl13
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on the Deads!!! thats amazing!

And awesome on the macros too!! great week!!

Kelly
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yay on the new deadlift goal!!!!! You just crushed those dealings and macros! Awesome job!!!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Love those deadlift numbers!!!!!! I've told you before, you are SO strong. Those numbers are way better than scale numbers ;)
    And absolutely awesome job on the macros. This will make a huge difference.
    Ichel
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Deadlifted again today. Managed to get 2 reps at 245# yeah!

Also went to get ice cream with my kiddos and I enjoyed some.
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Omg, 245#'s!!!??? I am soooooo jealous! I was working my way up to 200#, then went on a metabolic phase. I'll be back to it once I get back home. Love this PR!!!!! UNSTOPPABLE! You sure deserved the ice cream!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Options
    Love love love your dead numbers!!!!!!
    And ice cream is fuel for superheroes (especially deadlifting ones
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    @TerezaToledo when I first did true strength I saw my numbers rise by 30# . I remember telling my husband and right before Christmas that my 2016 goal was a 200# deadlift. I hit that by March so onto a 300# goal - no time limit though :)

The ice cream was delicious! But the lady who served us isn't the one who is normally there when we go. And the other guy gives way more. Oh well, probably better for me this way. LOL.

• TerezaToledo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    :p More deadlift fuel!!!!

• jerilynconn
    Options
    Camping this long weekend and seeing all that I eat as deadlift fuel for next week @TerezaToledo !!! Although I am so tired I can't imaged lifting. But, I am sure, once I get back into the swing of life, I will be happy to go lift!
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @saranharm enjoy your break! When you get back you will physically and psychologically recharged and ready to kill those deadlifts again!
  • empressichel
    Options
    @saranharm Yes, it does the body and the spirit so much good to have a break from your norm sometimes. Enjoy your time away.
    Ichel
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Thanks girls!

@slw19 this is my thread documenting my journey. I started em2wl after 12 years or on and off low calorie dieting. I was always able to drop the weight after each baby except my last. I think my body was just done with me. I had really erratic periods, was sick all of the time, etc. It's taken me a few years already to heal some of those things. When I turned my attention back to weight loss last year i found myself eating 1400 calories and hiking several days a week with no weight loss. I dropped to 1200 and intermittent fasting for about 6 weeks last fall and lost 8 pounds but I was so tired I sat down all day. That isn't sustainable to me.

So I found eat more to weigh less. I now eat 2200 calories every day and am working on increasing that slowly (I did gain initial weight)- but now my weight is stabilised. I now can lift heavy weight several days a week (it's something I love to do and i can see changes happening in my body!!!!) I am coming to love me - even though I have extra body fat, I am still lovely. I don't need to obsess about my weight. I don't need to have a small side salad instead of eating dinner when we go out. I can go to people's houses for dinner and not be in fear. My kids and I can make something we saw on food network and eat it together! Such freedom!

My goal is to still lose fat but I am not ready to tackle it. Once I feel my body has recovered from years of damage, I can do a small calorie deficit (still over 2000) and slowly lose weight.
  • empressichel
    Options
    One of my favourite ever lines;
    " Even though I have extra body fat, I am still lovely"
    <3<3<3<3
    Ichel
  • TerezaToledo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @saranharm I love that you are sharing your journey in this thread! Yes, you are lovely and beautiful and sexy! Lofting does that to you and being able to eat and enjoy life with family and friends makes it all worth it! I am sure your husband and kids love this new you! Can we share your beautiful post?

@melsurge83 thinking of you!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Total mind shift @saranharm !! Not too long ago you were stressing over nothing happening on your cut and why the weight wasnt moving.. now look at you!!! Awesome shift in mentality, and yes You are still lovely:)

Kelly

• jerilynconn
    Options
    Sure @TerezaToledo !

My new goal: share with as many people as possible!

Remember my white shirt fishing win? Well I chose to wear that shirt because we went fishing with a young gal who wore jeans and a long sleeve black t as usual. She is a gorgeous young lady and I don't want her to waste as much of her life hating herself as I did!

Love the support we give each other too! Muah!