How do you reward yourself?

Options

Replies

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Something for the garden or barn. I'm thinking of a small pond/waterfall for a goal weight&christmas combo. When I got to 150 my mom bought me new show jeans and we got a premium wash on the show rig. 140 was a brand new pair of boots for school. Rewards for maintenance will be new swimsuit next summer and possibly a pro photo shoot with me and the goats.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »
    I gave myself weight goals and hubby attached a special thing when I hit it...

175 - spa day (just hit this one)
    150 - bikini with attached vacation
    125 - Louboutins
    115 - silk (expensive silk so I can make myself a dress and coat)
    106 - pearls

At some point, I may say, "I'm at my goal weight" before I get to 106. At that point, I'll get the rest of my rewards. I haven't been 106 in decades, so that may not be a reasonable gw, despite what my doctors think. Even if it's not reasonable, I'm damn sure gonna work towards it.

Hello, seamstress!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Mine are more goal setting for a reward. Some big, some small every 10 lbs. Something I am forced to aim toward.

Feb 14th, 2016 I should hit my 50lbs lost goal. (keeping at the pace of 1 pound a week). I've scheduled a cruise to the Caribbean for a week with kiddo and my bff and her kiddos. So, that means looking good in shorts and a bathing suit. Double incentive to drop the weight and look great in all the photos!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I gave myself weight goals and hubby attached a special thing when I hit it...

175 - spa day (just hit this one)
    150 - bikini with attached vacation
    125 - Louboutins
    115 - silk (expensive silk so I can make myself a dress and coat)
    106 - pearls

At some point, I may say, "I'm at my goal weight" before I get to 106. At that point, I'll get the rest of my rewards. I haven't been 106 in decades, so that may not be a reasonable gw, despite what my doctors think. Even if it's not reasonable, I'm damn sure gonna work towards it.

I can't wait to get small enough to knit myself some sweaters from the awesome yarn I've been saving for years now. I have about 10 balls in each type/color set, and when you're a 5X or so in size, that just is knitting for eons. I tend to favor stretch shirts for now, and my serger isn't the cut and sew type, so that takes extra work, but I'd LOVELOVELOVE to get back to where I can start making custom dresses/skirts/tops and such again. I'm petite in an odd way (longer torso, so petite pants have a shot, petite shirts NEVER fit), and am top heavy, so getting things to fit exactly right isn't fun.... :) But I bet it will be far more fun when I know that's a size that will STICK! :)
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss - I second you on the knitting!! Can't wait to dive into some cute little sweaters!! And I'll need em cause I'm cold!
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    There is nothing like some new clothing & shoes as a reward...although, workout gear & accessories are nice too. iPod music, reading material are essential for cardio
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    V_Keto_V wrote: »
    There is nothing like some new clothing & shoes as a reward...although, workout gear & accessories are nice too. iPod music, reading material are essential for cardio

True, but I decided at the beginning of this that I'd treat workout gear as a necessity, not a reward.

I've tried, and failed, to justify Louboutins as "necessary" and no matter how hard I try, hubby isn't buying that line. So that's definitely a reward. However, if you can make an argument for them being necessary, I'm all for it. ;)
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    new yoga pants = reward+motivation :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

True, but I decided at the beginning of this that I'd treat workout gear as a necessity, not a reward.

I've tried, and failed, to justify Louboutins as "necessary" and no matter how hard I try, hubby isn't buying that line. So that's definitely a reward. However, if you can make an argument for them being necessary, I'm all for it. ;)

Love this. I too, would need to look at workout gear/sports bra, etc. as a necessity, because honestly, I'm still not to the point where it would inspire me to lose weight to "earn" it... I need to get some new ones though, because I've shrunk enough now that they don't support anything! LOL

As far as heels, after a decade of plantar fasciitis, I'm no hurry to get back to them, but who knows, they might not hurt my feet once I lose at least another 50 pounds or so... I miss boots!!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @Knit - Funny, I'm wearing these today. I just got these puppies zipped up for the first time in a long time! I'm a big calf girl, and still can't get into the leather slip ins but these have some give. Hoot.
    Knit, it won't be much longer and you'll be slipping on those brag booties too!
    (edited: Just realized. What a mess my desk is. HAHA)

zxz0frajz7tw.jpg
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    @Knit - Funny, I'm wearing these today. I just got these puppies zipped up for the first time in a long time! I'm a big calf girl, and still can't get into the leather slip ins but these have some give. Hoot.

zxz0frajz7tw.jpg

The thing is, my shoe size is changing! I'm having to wear two pairs of socks in all of last year's shoes. I could not even begin to tell you if my calves are small enough to fit in boots...I haven't tried them in years. Before I was pregnant, I wore and 8.5W in women's shoes. During my pregnancy, my feet spread to a 10.5W. After I had my daughter, I was a 9.5W. I can now wear a 9.5 non-W, and most of my 10R I could wear before have to have two pair of socks to remotely fit, and my last tennis shoes have to be ratched down tightly to not slide on my feet... My calves at their widest are roughly 16-17".
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss A properly fitting sports bra is the definition of need for some of us. knowwhatimean?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I don't have any rewards planned. I think I just enjoy the natural consequences so much, no rewards are needed.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    For me the milestone losses ARE the reward. I do enough retail therapy the rest of the time. o:)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I haven't planned any rewards either. I just get a bit of new clothes when the old ones don't fit and the fact that I can do more.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »

zxz0frajz7tw.jpg

That needs to go in the NSV thread!!! Great job!! I'm a big calf girl too (thanks Dad!) and I do have one pair of boots but would like to get another pair but I'm waiting until a lose a little more so hopefully I'm not disappointed when I got to try them on. I wanted to buy a pair at the end of the season last winter but couldn't find any that would zip up or slip on. :(
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss A properly fitting sports bra is the definition of need for some of us. knowwhatimean?

Amen, sister! Amen. I bought the couple I have now before I started changing sizes, and I don't know if the bras are wonky or if I am, but my fiance looked at me in one the other day, and said something about how we need to get ones that actually help! LOL
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I rewarded myself by doing something I wanted to do for a long term: take a course in Norwegian! And I've upped my sauna visits, now that it's starting to be winter.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options

I'll be treating myself to a weighted vest soon once I nail down which I'm going to buy. :mrgreen:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

So many husbands would disagree that Louboutins are non-essential.