Restarting! Anyone want to join me?

Options
Hi I am restarting TMH anyone else in?

Replies

• Armik
    Armik Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out. I'm only a week in, and I need help/suggestions! I'm particularly low on my iron intake. But please don't judge me by today's food diary...it's not my usual.
  • jamib597
    jamib597 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the group, but not new to THM! Like you, I'm restarting this week, too. Have been on plan for 3 days so far. Looking for motivation!
  • lankford5
    lankford5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am new to THM I did start it about 2 weeks ago and them we moved and life got super crazy. I am really wanting to stick to the plan, I know it works and I am needing encouragement also. :)
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Please let me know how to join your group. Thank you. I just started THM this week.
  • Trimhealthyme
    Trimhealthyme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am getting back on plan after the holidays today is my first day sticking to the plan again.
  • valleydoula
    valleydoula Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting also. Did my own thing with lots of success, however I fell into a huge sugar rut over Christmas break. The THM is helping me to get out of that. It's tough. Fine during the day but these evenings are a challenge.
  • hollybk1
    hollybk1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have been following this program for awhile, but haven't been consistent. I've learned that I can't go back to the sugar because it keeps my cravings going.
  • Erinshealthdiscovery
    Erinshealthdiscovery Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just starting!
  • cindywebster1961
    cindywebster1961 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just starting this as well. This doesn't seem to be a very active group.
  • Northern37
    Northern37 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for my book to arrive. Can't wait to get started.
  • cheekj82
    cheekj82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. I lost weight wit thm when it first came out and gained when I stopped. Now I am going back but with following it to a T, not fast and loose. Thm is the only diet I have been able to stick with. Where I started to slide was in feeling I was spending too much money. I know it can be done without any special ingredients though, I just felt like I didn't have enough time to cook as much before. Now things have settled a bit for me and I think I can do it
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm looking to start on this plan theoretically soon. I've been low carbing for roughly the last 18+ months, with a good portion of that on a ketogenic diet (under 50 grams total carbs). I've recently discovered that this plan has been hard on my hypothyroidism (which it can be for maybe 25% of folks who have it). I have PCOS, am insulin resistant, and have a half dozen or more other issues going on. A close friend who suffers similar issues has found a great deal of success following this program, and I'm trying AGAIN to get through this book, while I have it checked out on my e-book reader, but sometimes it's really hard to get through it all on my phone...

Does anyone have any suggestions for me on getting started, specifically? I've already had the mindshift mostly of changing things up, as with my thyroid issues, I've had to increase carbs specifically in the evenings. I tend to feel best when very low carb (S) meals in morning, have a little more flexibility in the afternoon, and my body tends to handle carbs and such better in the evenings...at least so far...

Anyone is welcome to send me a friend request, as I'm sure to stumble about a million times over again, trying to figure out how this is similar to and different from what I've been doing the last couple years....
  • Northern37
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am back and looking to get started on the plan again. I have been off of work for the summer and will be returning soon. Being off of work ended up being off of plan too. I am going to start today to get back on plan, need all the help I can get. We can do this ladies!!!
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am 4 weeks in so still pretty new.
  • faiths13
    faiths13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off for 3 years and am struggling alot. I'm trying to get back on at least part time to get started again.
  • Northern37
    Options
    I have been struggling again for the past while. Trying so hard to get back on track.
  • Wifenmomma
    Wifenmomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just starting plan for first time. Really needing motivation and ideas for getting started.
  • Northern37
    Options
    @Wifenmomma I find planning meals helps a lot, even if it is just one day at a time. Sometimes when I can I cook meals and freeze as well.
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I plan my day on MFP ahead of time. Helps me avoid impulse eating
  • Mizzy58
    Mizzy58 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hope we can get this board up and running again. I've been doing THM for about 6 months. I have been really serious doing it for about 2 weeks. I can already feel the difference. I'm here to support you and get support.