Chicken Recipes.

weejen73
weejen73 Posts: 68 Member
Look for more chicken ideas, I buy a lot of chicken breast and seem to make the same things over and over again.. like chicken salad, curry, so juicy.. What's you favorite chicken dish. Thanx

Replies

• rjwright1970
    rjwright1970 Posts: 3 Member
    I make a Cobb Salad with cut up pieces of grilled chicken; in addition, to the other traditional ingredients of a Cobb Salad and use a lite Feta vinaigrette I found at the store.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    made this the other night, so good. I really enjoy skinnytaste recipes http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/10/crock-pot-maple-dijon-chicken-drumsticks.html
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    cilentro-lime jalapeno chicken salad, chicken cabbage sir fry, slow cooker low fat lemon thyme chicken (140 cal), maple-glazed chicken & vegetables 283 cal better homes & gardens, roasted chicken with potatoes & butternut squash (my recipes) 399 but includes good vegetables,all recipes -a good easy garlic chicken (214 cal), all recipes oregano chicken (180 cal), www.glutenanddairyfree.com/recipes/chickencuminlime.html, roast hearbed chicken & veggies (out of biggest book of slow cooker recipes) 308 cal ,honey lime chicken (200 cal), lime chicken soft tacos //allrecipes.albertsons.com, bruschetta chicken bake (310 cal - everythng in it), chicken salad from cooking light 20 cal for 2 tbs.
  • Ginny218
    low fat chicken veg. soup leanne ely (197 cal). herbed chicken piccata from cooking light (160 cal) skillet greek chicken (242 cal),greek chicken with cucumber salad better homes and gardens (241 cal), chicken with a ginger cream sauce (205 cal)
  • Ginny218
    found most of these searching the internet... friend me and send you recipes- i'm always trying something new...
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    go to skinnytaste.com -- look up jalepeno popper chicken.. that wonderful recipe got me onto stuffing my pounded out chicken breasts with spinach and laughing cow light cheese stuffing..and broccoli as well. I get two skinless chicken breasts..slice them into four pieces..pound them out.. and create a wonderful stuffed rolled up chicken breast. I dredge mine in egg wash and dust with almond meal and spray with olive oil before baking....it comes out of the oven crisp and tasty..i have enough for four meals throughout the week.
  • puritanica125
    puritanica125 Posts: 2 Member
    Garlic Lemon Grilled Chicken

Place chicken breast (or wings, thighs, whatever you want to use) in a ziplock bag.
    Add in some lemon juice and minced garlic.
    Let marinate for about an hour.

Grill until juices run clear!

I kept the marinade and added more on as I grilled.

Juicy and Delicious!
  • CLEatMoulton
    CLEatMoulton Posts: 36 Member
    put boneless chicken in the crock pot use enough Campbells 98% fat free cream of chicken,or cream of mushroom.to cover the chicken completely I only allow myself a couple of table spoons of the soup. I do not add anything else. I usually cook it about 4 to 6 hours. If you wanted to spice it up you could add to suite you taste.( Children seem to love it with out any thing added) It goes with most any veggie or pasta
  • Here4Ponies
    Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
    Slow Cooker Italian Chicken. 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, 1 32oz can crushed tomatoes with Italian seasoning, 2 TB of minced garlic, 2 TB anchovy paste. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken. Makes 8 servings at 175kcals and 28g protein.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm not very partial to chicken breast, preferring the wing and thigh meat, even the backs over the breast. However I do like it when it is a bone-in chicken breast and I broil it.

Today I have chicken in the oven to bake ... atop root vegetables, garlic cloves and celery. The chicken is lightly seasoned with common ingredients ... salt, pepper, chicken spices (ground green stuff) and a bit of oil on the top to crsip the skins.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    I made Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup and OMG it was awesome. The recipe is on skinnytaste.com
  • weejen73
    Thanx everyone will defo be checking out Skinnytaste.com, all theses recipes sound delish.
  • LucilleV
    LucilleV Posts: 1 Member
    Chicken corn curry soup.

Yum very filling, very fast you don't need anything with it.
    Cut 2 chicken breasts into strips.
    1 small handful of bacon bits.
    1lt Campbell chicken stock.
    2 tins creamed corn.
    1 tsp curry powder or to your taste.
    Brown chicken and bacon,
    add stock & corn cook for about 30min
    Add a small handful of spaghetti broken into about 1 inch pieces
    cook until pasta is done.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited December 2015
    Chicken 'Francese" ... an egg dipped chicken breast in a tangy buttery sauce ...
    Saw it on www.recipe30.com

Butterfly a chicken breast, cover with cling film and gently pound it with the back of a saucepot to flatten it out. Crack an egg into a pie plate, add a pinch of salt and some black pepper, and whisk till the egg yolk and white are evenly combined. Mince some parsley and add to theeggs, and grate in a bit of parmesean cheese, give it a stir. Set aside a a small amount of white wine, and an equal amount of chicken stock, a half lemon, some more minced parsley, and a clove of garlic. Pour some flour into a plate.

Drizzle some oil and a pat of butter into a saute pan and set to heat on medium. Dredge the chicken through the flour, then dip into the egg mixture and add to the saute pan. Flip it over when the side down is brown and cook the other side till browned. Remove the chicken to a plate.

Into the skillet, pour the white wine and crush the garlic (or grate or mince finely) into the pan. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the pan, add the chicken stocke to the pan. Add in minced parsley and another pat of butter ... let cook until the butter melts, then add the chicken back into the pan and continue to cook until warmed through. Serve the chicken with a drizzle of the pan sauce.
  • weejen73
    Mmmm that sounds lovely, thanx.
  • weejen73
    So many great recipes thanks everyone for taking the time to share yours, have a great day ;)
  • WyldRoots
    WyldRoots Posts: 1,078 Member
    Chicken breasts, swiss chalet dipping sauce package (don't add water), mushrooms, and onions - throw it all together in a crockpot, . Cook, and eat with whatever. Sooo good! :)
  • WyldRoots
    WyldRoots Posts: 1,078 Member
    WyldRoots wrote: »
    Chicken breasts, swiss chalet dipping sauce package (don't add water), mushrooms, and onions - throw it all together in a crockpot, . Cook, and eat with whatever. Sooo good! :)

I recommend shredding it up when it's done, and cooking it for a bit longer, all together in the gravy of gods. You get a better chicken/sauce ratio this way. ;)
  • skeen090
    skeen090 Posts: 49 Member
    My favorite: Chicken, green beans, and red potatoes - I usually buy about a pound of chicken breasts, put them in the center of my glass Pyrex casserole dish, add 2 cans (strained) of french cut green beans to one side of the chicken, and about 4-5 red potatoes (diced up) on the other side. I sprinkle a packet of Hidden Valley Italian seasoning over all of it. Then I melt a stick of butter and pour it over everything. Tin foil the container. Put in a preheated oven @ 350 degrees for about 70 minutes. According to my recipes on here, it's about 547 calories for 3 servings (pretty generous amount). I make this about once a week because it's delicious and relatively lo-cal for how much it fills me up.
  • skeen090
    skeen090 Posts: 49 Member
    547 per serving - I estimated about 3 servings.