Chicken Recipes.

Options

Replies

• midwest_siren
    midwest_siren Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chicken Tortilla Soup (about 9 servings) - an all-time favorite at my house

Ingredients
    1 c. onion - chopped, 2 cloves garlic - chopped, 3 green onions - chopped, 2 (12 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes, one large can vegetable juice, 1/2 c. salsa, 1 red pepper - chopped, 1/2 green pepper - chopped, 1/2 c. FRESH cilantro diced as small as you can make it, one packet of taco seasoning, two chicken breasts

Instructions
    Put all ingredients in a pot, simmer until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Pull chicken apart into shreds. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a few crushed tortilla chips on top.
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    cooking light has a lot of good recipes i am finding
  • weejen73
    weejen73 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanxxxx sounds good.
  • weejen73
    Options
    Ginny218 wrote: »
    cooking light has a lot of good recipes i am finding
    Thanx Ginny I tried to send you a message but said there was a problem... if you send me ur email I can add you.
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This is one of my all time favorite chicken recipes and my boyfriend thought that I actually fried chicken cutlets for it: http://www.skinnymom.com/connection-recipe-skinny-chicken-parmesan-casserole/

I also do a lot of enchiladas, jambalaya with some shrimp or sausage, tortilla soup, tortellini soup, chili, stir fry, and anything with buffalo sauce (wraps, topping baked potatoes, etc).
  • hunneysue
    hunneysue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to cook up a whole bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts and then cube it and divide it up into single meal sizes, toss it in the freezer. You can use chicken for just about anything. We love taking some chicken adding crushed tomatoes, taco seasoning, corn, black beans and quinoa and stuffing zucchinis with the mixture. Add a little shredded cheese on top. Roast in the oven til done.
  • weejen73
    Options
    Oh that's a good idea, mmmmm yum. Thanx
  • sarahmichelef
    sarahmichelef Posts: 127 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    "Chicken Goo" is a favorite in our house - with the added bonus of it being a crock pot dish!

Put all of this stuff in the crock pot in the order listed.
    2 lbs chicken breast
    2-3 cups of spinach.
    2 cups of salsa

Cook until the chicken is done - 4ish hours on high, 6ish on low.

Shred the chicken. Add 16 oz of sour cream (I use low fat), stir, and put the lid back on until it's warm.

Top with cheese if you want, use as a burrito filling or eat it over rice. Or just by itself.

Nutrition Facts (per MFP's recipe calculator)
    Servings 12.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 138
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 4 g 6 %
    Saturated Fat 3 g 13 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 21 mg 7 %
    Sodium 273 mg 11 %
    Potassium 42 mg 1 %
    Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2 %
    Dietary Fiber 0 g 1 %
    Sugars 5 g
    Protein 20 g 40 %
    Vitamin A 24 %
    Vitamin C 4 %
    Calcium 8 %
    Iron 1 %
  • DonnaAnthony1
    DonnaAnthony1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Roast Chicken and Garlic ... really yummy!
    Servings: 4, Calories: 157, Fat: 9 g, Sat Fat: 2g, Carbs: 6 g, Fiber: 1 g, Net Carbs: 5 g, Sugar: 0 g, Protein 12 g, WW PP: 4 pp, WW SP: 4 pts.

skinnymerecipes.com/2015/12/04/roast-chicken-and-garlic/
    b7pk6v9u07h4.png
  • skincaregirl66
    skincaregirl66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This week i made the Hungry Girl Crockpot greek chicken super simple and a wonderful recipe that can morph into many dishes thorughout the week. I topped a ceasar salad tonight with the heated up greek chicken way awesome another night i wrapped it up with a slice of swiss in a medium whole wheat wrapper and heated it in the oven for 15 minutes delish. Recipe is on their website and uses simple pantry ingredients.
  • weejen73
    Options
    ;) thankyou
  • lachellerininger
    lachellerininger Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/8524/chicken-breasts-with-herb-basting-sauce/

This is an excellent recipe for chicken. I use boneless skinless breasts. I make extra to cut up for salads. You can also throw in some potatoes while this cooking. Try it, you will be glad you did.
  • weejen73
    Options
    ;)
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Pan seared chicken breast strips with salsa. Thrown into a tortilla with avocado. Quick and delicious.
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
    Lowry's Seasoning Salt...... **use miss dash to help sodium**
    6 bacon slices
    1/4 cup regular mustard
    1/3 cup honey
    2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
    2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
    1 cup sliced fresh mushroom
    **this is for 4 people**

First, Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
    While the chicken is in the refrigerator, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. ***Do not discard grease.***
    Saute chicken in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Place chicken in a 9" × 13" casserole dish or pan. **or just bake in dish ?? its up to you **
    To make the Honey Mustard: In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes.
    Spread some of the Honey Mustard over each piece of chicken, then layer with mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese.
    Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
    206 cal
    25 carbs
    965 sodium
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    ^^^what size chicken breasts are you using? The ones I normally buy are between 225-300 calories all by their lonesome.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    That calorie count is definitely way off.
  • weejen73
    Options
    Thanks everyone, so many to choose from now :#
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My favorite "chicken recipe" is a Lean Cuisine Chicken Parmesan. It has around 300 calories. I eat it with a baby spinach fresh veggie salad. The total combo has less than 400 calories and makes a great quick dinner for one.
  • sillylili2014
    sillylili2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    go to skinnytaste.com -- look up jalepeno popper chicken.. that wonderful recipe got me onto stuffing my pounded out chicken breasts with spinach and laughing cow light cheese stuffing..and broccoli as well. I get two skinless chicken breasts..slice them into four pieces..pound them out.. and create a wonderful stuffed rolled up chicken breast. I dredge mine in egg wash and dust with almond meal and spray with olive oil before baking....it comes out of the oven crisp and tasty..i have enough for four meals throughout the week.

I love it iam going to try this tomorrow