• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    hdem3dtrby32.jpg

the boatyard near my house .....

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @verptwerp oh that's so pretty, how did you size it so it doesn't appear gigantic on the computer lol. also I love your profile pic, so cute
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    yes I'm still a little cold from it. I walk there in the summer on my lunches and learned that they plow the walking path in the winter so there's no reason not too, unless its way too cold. trying to keep up some of my healthy summer habits in the winter too.

Good for you! That's awesome!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    @verptwerp oh that's so pretty, how did you size it so it doesn't appear gigantic on the computer lol. also I love your profile pic, so cute

Thanks ! Don't know about the sizing, as most of my pix seem to come out ok ..... if they are TOO gigantic, I just don't use them here B)
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I upload on my phone and they look perfect on there but on the website many are gigantic, I don't even like to go in the picture threads on the computer because of it. I wish I knew how to change it.
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My walk last weekend in an arboretum near my sons school. Nice to see snow on the mountains after so many years of drought! 448o85mokn70.jpg
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @ShootingStar72 that's so cool to have mountains that close very pretty
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    OMG! You guys look like Doomsday Preppers compared to me. OK so I admit that I am not always this "lean" in terms of food stocks and am due for a weekly shop but right now this is what my fridge looks like - three bottles of mineral water and half a tub of full fat yoghurt; plus I have a small amount of butter, some soy milk and a tiny cube of cheese in the fridge door and a few items of leftovers in the freezer. I also have just one shelf in the pantry with a small number of condiments, tea, coffee, apple cider vinegar, etc. Isn't it funny how we basically eat the same LCHF diet though?
    hx9h1cki4vr4.jpg

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Wow @Abm4n! Time for some groceries for sure!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I'm actually jealous of your empty fridge. I feel like so much goes to waste in my house I'd love to have just the right amount of food for us each week
  • auntstephie321
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Day 5 of my cold weather walks. not the greatest pic :) was cold
    zxdbdmrn3mp9.jpg
  • MerryOne00
    MerryOne00 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Today was my meat pick up day for my farm subscription. This is my fourth year as a subscriber. This year , I ordered 1/4 grass fed cow, 1/2 pastured heritage pig, 40 lbs each ground pork and ground beef, and 12 pastured chickens. I also get 6 dozen pastured eggs per month. Once per month, I meet my farmers at the pickup location. Today I picked up 1/4 of my yearly supply of pork, 10 lbs each ground pork and beef, 6 dozen eggs, and 5 lbs of organic, fair trade dark roast coffee beans. Here's what it looks like. Notice the nitrate free bacon, and various types of homemade sausage, made with just ground pork and spices, no fillers.ojh147grm9fz.jpeg
    I also bought HWC, butter, cheese, almond meal, pork rinds, stevia and a few vegetables today, but didn't take a picture of those. Now I'm all set !

This is amazing! I bet the meat tastes better than what I am purchasing from the grocery store. I need to look for this in Atlanta area.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    The meat does taste great ! I had never tasted pork like this before. It's Berkshire or mule foot heritage pork, darker in colour, fattier and so tasty. I made burgers for supper today. If you have burgers at my house, you'll get 50/50 ground beef and pork, very juicy.

Check out the website "Eat Wild" to see if you can find links to local farmers in your area. ( I think that's what it's called.)

I used to have a raw dairy share too, but where I live, in Canada, it is illegal to sell raw dairy, and the couple who sold us milk and the best cheese and butter ever, got shut down sadly.
  • Emily3907
    Options
    So excited! Finally got my WaterRower in and set up (excuse the dog)! Getting started on this bad boy today.

dqse6zx2nvsj.jpg

• auntstephie321
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    So excited! Finally got my WaterRower in and set up (excuse the dog)! Getting started on this bad boy today.

dqse6zx2nvsj.jpg

Very cool
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I swear it would be so much easier to have a "like" button!!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    zv54gpcdqiuf.jpeg

View from my hike a couple weeks ago. This is the New River in WV.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @ettaterrell Yes it would!

@anglyn1 That's stunning
  • Emily3907
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    zv54gpcdqiuf.jpeg

View from my hike a couple weeks ago. This is the New River in WV.

Gorgeous!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Are progress pics OK in here or is there a better place for those? Let me know; I can move these, but I'm going to be brave and share progress pics that I took recently. The first set of pics are from 8/30 when I started my Transformer DietBet. I didn't take them when I started keto on 11/2 but at that point I was only down 2.8 lbs from the first set of pics so very close. (You can see I definitely tend to carry any extra weight in my midsection!)

5hf5no9oxbc3.jpg

Zero sucking in for the second set of pics to make it a fair comparison. ;)
    626qxuhys6v4.jpg