Share your pics

Options

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Here's my first pic. Loaded up at the meat bonanza sale this week. Only wish I had a bigger freezer. 5x1d6l4pep0j.jpg

Looks like one I snapped the other day!

52Ea97R.jpg

Pepperoni, ground beef, eggs, and chicken thighs!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I've been working part time at my friends pretty cool comic book store. Decided to go on a selfie spree!
    die3wx88wmse.jpeg

Oh so cute, love it!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    Here's my first pic. Loaded up at the meat bonanza sale this week. Only wish I had a bigger freezer. 5x1d6l4pep0j.jpg

52Ea97R.jpg

Nice. That's a lot of ground beef.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

52Ea97R.jpg

I keep eyeing all those pepperoni! My fav!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I've been working part time at my friends pretty cool comic book store. Decided to go on a selfie spree!
    die3wx88wmse.jpeg

Great selfies!!!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

52Ea97R.jpg

I keep eyeing all those pepperoni! My fav!

Sadly, pepperoni and I are in a trial separation while I get these migraines under control. So far, so good. Going to try adding it back in maybe in December, just to see... LOL

52Ea97R.jpg

And that's nothing on the ground beef - I regularly get the 10-20 pound "chub" when my local shop puts it on sale. They'll cut it into sections for you and everything! LOL
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Been trying to take walks on my lunch break still even though the cold weather has arrived. Some days are cold rainy and windy. Thankfully no snow yet, actually a record for is this year, this is the latest we've gone with no snow since 1899. I'm gofu5mzp5fu90d.jpg
    ing to try to keep up my walks once the snow does come but once the temps go negative I'm not sure that'll happen. Here's a pic of the creek in the park the other day when it was nice and sunny
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much obsessed with animals...especially my dog...who I'm really grateful for because she makes sure my butt is out and walking at least 2 times a day. Living close to the lake allows me views like this. I also took a ladies weekend in October 27pt0bxcjney.jpg
    and there were horses on the property, I was in love.bottggf2mtad.jpg
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    x6eub3a4vczp.jpg

Game time for my house hold last Saturday! Our team lost
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yes! The Egg Bowl was a bummer! Maybe next year! Hail State!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Today was my meat pick up day for my farm subscription. This is my fourth year as a subscriber. This year , I ordered 1/4 grass fed cow, 1/2 pastured heritage pig, 40 lbs each ground pork and ground beef, and 12 pastured chickens. I also get 6 dozen pastured eggs per month. Once per month, I meet my farmers at the pickup location. Today I picked up 1/4 of my yearly supply of pork, 10 lbs each ground pork and beef, 6 dozen eggs, and 5 lbs of organic, fair trade dark roast coffee beans. Here's what it looks like. Notice the nitrate free bacon, and various types of homemade sausage, made with just ground pork and spices, no fillers.ojh147grm9fz.jpeg
    I also bought HWC, butter, cheese, almond meal, pork rinds, stevia and a few vegetables today, but didn't take a picture of those. Now I'm all set !
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Today was my meat pick up day for my farm subscription. This is my fourth year as a subscriber. This year , I ordered 1/4 grass fed cow, 1/2 pastured heritage pig, 40 lbs each ground pork and ground beef, and 12 pastured chickens. I also get 6 dozen pastured eggs per month. Once per month, I meet my farmers at the pickup location. Today I picked up 1/4 of my yearly supply of pork, 10 lbs each ground pork and beef, 6 dozen eggs, and 5 lbs of organic, fair trade dark roast coffee beans. Here's what it looks like. Notice the nitrate free bacon, and various types of homemade sausage, made with just ground pork and spices, no fillers.ojh147grm9fz.jpeg
    I also bought HWC, butter, cheese, almond meal, pork rinds, stevia and a few vegetables today, but didn't take a picture of those. Now I'm all set !

That is awesome. We are actually at Sears looking at chest freezers right now lol. Gonna have to get one before we can go that route
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Wow, @Kitnthecat, that's great!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Awesome haul, @Kitnthecat . We just got a chest freezer, but need more meat in it. Will be looking for a farmer deal like you have.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Thanks @lowjax75 . We love buying food this way and I'll never go back to buying meat at the grocery store again. I do pick up the odd pack of bacon or pepperoni, but mostly rely on my farm meat. We also get soup bones, animal fat, organs, and parts such as feet, heads and pork hocks for free, so since I am a soup maker, this is a real perk for me. I may have ordered to much meat for the three of us this year though, since both chest freezers are jam packed. I need to throw a party for all of you!
  • lowjax75
    Options
    haha, I'll be there! I love parties. Especially LCHF ones. I was tempted to do a sausage/cheese party instead of the traditional parties that people do. Get all kinds of different sausages/salamis/wursts from around the world (we have a local meat department that makes about 50 international style meats) and then get a bunch of different cheeses from around the world and just enjoy the food.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    lowjax75 wrote: »
    haha, I'll be there! I love parties. Especially LCHF ones. I was tempted to do a sausage/cheese party instead of the traditional parties that people do. Get all kinds of different sausages/salamis/wursts from around the world (we have a local meat department that makes about 50 international style meats) and then get a bunch of different cheeses from around the world and just enjoy the food.

That's an awesome idea!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @Kitnthecat you know I'll be there :)
  • lowjax75
    Options
    In the spirit of meat pictures here, this one was one of the happiest food days in my life...that led to one of the saddest food days in my life.

We received 1/3 of a cow for Christmas from my dad several years ago. We already had an upright freezer we were using and stuffed it full of the meat plus a bunch of other things we had bought. It was fun to just look at all the meat in there.

P1040257.jpg

Then, sadly, one day my kids (about 4 or 5) opened the door to get a icee pop (one of the very few things outside of meat we had in there) and the door didn't close all the way. It was a picky door and we normally kept it locked, but we got a bit lax about it. We noticed the next day. 80% of the meat was warm.

We tossed the meat and the freezer went shortly behind it. That's our last upright freezer.

Our kids are now 10 and 11 so we probably wouldn't have that problem again, but no chances. We have a chest freezer now.
  • lowjax75
    edited January 2016
    Options
    And on another happy note, I was with a group that toured one of the nicer restaurants in Milwaukee. They dry age their beef and yes, we got a tour. There are no prices on the menu. :smile: The steaks run about $100 a piece.

6789b406.jpg

86ad1d86.jpg

They trim a lot of the outside and lose about 1/4 to 1/3 of the meat on each rack. It's one reason it is so expensive, but it's a steak you truly can cut with your fork. Fantastic! :yum: