Sweet cravings!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    These are my go to when I need something sweet, amazingly delicious.

http://screwedonstraight.net/keto-diet-peanut-butter-cup-fat-bombs/

I finally gave in and made some of these last night, I actually got 16 out of the recipe. I didn't use sweetener at all, and they taste fab!
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I had no idea what fat bombs were......now I am pinteresting like crazy. I just bought a tub of coconut oil with no real use, now I have one!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    i am being driven crazy by the sweet tooth!! I am usually ok with mixing up some peanut butter and whipped cream but lately that hasn't been enough. I looked up some recipes but they seem difficult and call for off the wall ingredients.

Wow. Totally stealing the PB and whipped cream idea. Sounds like heaven.

PB, cream cheese, a tsp or 2 of almond milk and 1 or 2 drops liquid sweetener is pretty amazing too. It's like PB cheesecake.

• phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Vanilla extract will give you a lot of flavor for few calories. However, if you have a Penzy's spices, they have a double extract. It is double the vanilla pods per amount of solvent (should be alcohol). The alcohol carbs are a whole different creature I am not familiar with, but... the amount needed to flavor would be trivial. You could spend the big bucks and get vanilla bean pods and flavor your drink by scraping a few pods into your confection and you would not have any sugar. Much more costly, though.
  • HFlippin2015
    HFlippin2015 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I totally made me some fat bombs tonight!!! They are in the freezer right now. $56 for the ingredients. I'll try it tomorrow!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I had no idea what fat bombs were......now I am pinteresting like crazy. I just bought a tub of coconut oil with no real use, now I have one!

No real use for coconut oil? I put 1/2tbs CO and 1 tbs of HWC in each of my 3 cups of coffee a day!! Yummo keeps me full! Some people use it in their tea or hot coco but never tried that
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    Let us know the recipe you used and how it turns out. :smile:
  • HFlippin2015
    HFlippin2015 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    SlimSonic wrote: »
    These are my go to when I need something sweet, amazingly delicious.

http://screwedonstraight.net/keto-diet-peanut-butter-cup-fat-bombs/

I finally gave in and made some of these last night, I actually got 16 out of the recipe. I didn't use sweetener at all, and they taste fab!

I used this recipie!!! They are super good!!! Have to keep them cold though or they will melt
  • Emily3907
    Options

No real use for coconut oil? I put 1/2tbs CO and 1 tbs of HWC in each of my 3 cups of coffee a day!! Yummo keeps me full! Some people use it in their tea or hot coco but never tried that

I have always stopped myself from buying it because I am not a huge fan of coconut. But, I bought some with the intention of finding recipes to help mask the flavor.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

I have always stopped myself from buying it because I am not a huge fan of coconut. But, I bought some with the intention of finding recipes to help mask the flavor.

If you buy refined, it's flavorless but I personally think the unrefined has so little taste at all and it tastes like vanilla to me.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

I HATE the flavor of coconut myself, but this doesn't taste like the coconut we're used to. That sweetened too chewy strong stuff is nothing like this... It still makes me wrinkle my nose on occasion, but after a couple sips/bites, my taste buds chill out.. I actually miss it now if it isn't in my morning shake. Most fat bombs, I couldn't taste it in... but I'm still not big on using coconut milk/cream AND coconut oil... Baby steps, right?
  • Emily3907
    Options
    I am buying ingredients for fat bombs this weekend, so I am looking forward to seeing if I can handle the coconut oil. If what you say is true and the flavor is mellow, I can probably handle it. One of my main issues with coconut is the texture, so in oil form that should take care of the majority of my aversion.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Let us know how it turns out.... :)
  • Emily3907
    Options
    So apparently, I had purchased some extra virgin unrefined coconut oil (did not realize there were differences) and I made some butter pecan fat bombs and they actually were really good! I could taste the coconut, but it was not overwhelming. Definitely palatable for this non-coconut lover.

So glad to find that I can actually have and enjoy coconut oil!