Happy thanksgiving! But...

Options
2»

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Yeah, my guy keeps getting cranky about me "messing with his food." SIGH I'm sure he'd notice and act a butt about it, even if he loved it.

This is the recipe I plan to make. I'll divide it in half and add bread for the SAD Sucker in the house: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sausage-and-herb-stuffing-recipe.html
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I will focus on the meat, veggies, squash and salad, but have a very small serving of the most tempting "other stuff".
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    PasPlus wrote: »
    I usually decide what the biggest temptation(s) might be - and offer the host to take it as my contribution to the feast. Then I use low carb magic to make sure that I can eat it and no one will know I am depriving them of their carbage. Genuis eh?

That is what I do...HAHA lol
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all who will be celebrating! This will be my first holiday season after beginning LCHF in March. There is always turkey and ham, and will be a Boston Butt roast too, so I will be fine. I have no desire for any of the other foods since they make me hurt (makes it so much easier). The pain I've experienced from any small indulgence is a huge motivator!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I keep hoping my brother's family will come up for Thanksgiving, but I'd have to cook two of everything. Their youngest son looked at the pure maple syrup my father (his granddad) bought them and said, "But it doesn't have corn syrup in it."
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,967 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Yeah, my guy keeps getting cranky about me "messing with his food." SIGH I'm sure he'd notice and act a butt about it, even if he loved it.

This is the recipe I plan to make. I'll divide it in half and add bread for the SAD Sucker in the house: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sausage-and-herb-stuffing-recipe.html

:+1: