Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Week 1 Challenge - Steps. Share your progress!

madifehlingmadifehling Posts: 71Member Member Posts: 71Member Member
We are half way through the week 1 challenge of increasing our steps. How is it going? Share your thoughts. Do you have a way you like to track your steps? Have you tried new strategies to increase your steps throughout the day?

Replies

  • Crharris13Crharris13 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    My steps have declined as the weather has gotten colder and rainy. Still trying for my goal of 10,000 but I'd love to try to hit 12k each day.
  • madifehlingmadifehling Posts: 71Member Member Posts: 71Member Member
    Crharris13 wrote: »
    My steps have declined as the weather has gotten colder and rainy. Still trying for my goal of 10,000 but I'd love to try to hit 12k each day.

    Thanks for sharing Crharris! That can be hard, especially with shorter daylight hours too. Do you have a mall or other large facility nearby that you could walk laps in? Maybe a friend could even join you!
  • evinstonevinston Posts: 31Member Member Posts: 31Member Member
    I often make loops inside my house just to add a few steps. And, when I go to a store I walk all the way around the store before I go to the department I need. Mall walking is a good solution for me on those inclement weather days :)
  • madifehlingmadifehling Posts: 71Member Member Posts: 71Member Member
    evinston wrote: »
    I often make loops inside my house just to add a few steps. And, when I go to a store I walk all the way around the store before I go to the department I need. Mall walking is a good solution for me on those inclement weather days :)

    Love those extra steps Evinston!! Doing a few laps around the house, around the office, in the stores, around the parking lot- they all add up! We too like to do a lap before we start our shopping, especially when the weather is bad the mall is the perfect "gym" ;-)
  • luckey88luckey88 Posts: 13Member Member Posts: 13Member Member
    I track my steps on shealth on my phone.
    I have been taking the stairs at work, I used to take the elevator to go up. I have also began to take the long way to increase my steps. Any day that I am under my 10,000 goal, I add at least 5 minutes extra on the treadmill.
  • madifehlingmadifehling Posts: 71Member Member Posts: 71Member Member
    luckey88 wrote: »
    I track my steps on shealth on my phone.
    I have been taking the stairs at work, I used to take the elevator to go up. I have also began to take the long way to increase my steps. Any day that I am under my 10,000 goal, I add at least 5 minutes extra on the treadmill.

    Way to go Luckey88! Those are great strategies to increase your steps, and a great goal to reach 10,000 each day! It's amazing how all those steps add up-- and the benefits they bring! : )
Sign In or Register to comment.