How much weight have you lost, and how long have you been on LCHF?

Options
blacktie347
blacktie347 Posts: 109 Member
I'm new, but I'd like to hear from you!

Replies

• plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I have been going since March and have lost a total of 16 lbs. Originally I wanted to lose 25 but have started maintenance now instead.

I've been maintaining at the same weight (with minor fluctuations) since probably August or September.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I am somewhat of a newbie still. I started LCHF about 5 months ago, lowered my carbs more, and was in ketosis by July. I lost about 35 lbs by October and then I stalled myself by upping my carbs a bit, and my calories significantly. I am back to eating at a deficit now and am down almost 40lbs total.

I have been really happy with my loss rate, especially because I did not have too much to lose. I was lucky to find this WOE when I did because I was gaining pretty steadily. I am a normal BMI now but am aiming to lose another 10-13 lbs to be right in the middle of normal.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Since august this year and I've lost about 20 pounds. That's now evening out.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Started in May, down 29, 9 more to go.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hello! I changed my eating habits a year ago, and I've been doing low carb for 9 months. I've lost a total of 108 lbs. The last couple months have been rough, I hit a plateau and have pretty much stayed the same.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Started 5 January this year. Have lost 47lbs. Mostly in ketosis. Over the last few months I have added in a 36hr fast each week to keep the weightloss going. I am SO much happier with my body/appearance these days. I could lose 30lbs more but will make a call when to stop nearer the time. Good luck with your journey!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Started June 2014, so almost a year and a half. Lost 100lb. Trying to lose 2 more to reach my goal weight.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Morbidly obese, started June 1, down 54 lbs, at least that far to go, probably more but I can't "see" that far yet.

Low carb for life, so I fight for a sustainable, long-term mindset.

20 grams total carbs or less most days.

Fat is easy, I have to be intentional about getting enough protein (.8 to 1.2 grams per day per pound of lean body mass).
  • MissMaggieElizabeth
    Options
    I started a year ago today at about 20 carbs and weight loss was painfully slow, 21 pounds 4 months. Dropped to 10 carbs a day about March of 2015 and weight loss picked up but still felt so slow considering I had 90 to lose. Finally dropped to 5 carbs a day May of 2015. I have now lost 64 pounds. Doing really well. Some times I let my carbs go up to 8 by just adding a bit more vegetables to my day of eating. I can honestly say I have never cheated in this whole year of being LC. One little cheat can set you back a couple of weeks. It is not worth it to me.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I've lost my water pill, my statin, 1 diabetes pill
    & more than 1/2 my insulin. I've lost tons of blood
    glucose. I lost my pants a few times. Along the way
    I've also lost 88 lbs.

But what I found is even better!!!
    A easy simple new way to live my life.
    LCHF hooked for life.

>:) or o:)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I began LCHF in March and have lost 38 pounds.
    The return of my health has been the greatest achievement! I won't ever eat any other way!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I had gained 20 lbs from goal weight from Aug '14 to Aug '15. I started losing weight 8/31. By 11/2 when I started keto, I'd bounced back up after an initial loss and was only down 3 lbs. Since then I've lost about 8 lbs.
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Six months and about 18 lbs. I am 2 lbs from not being overweight anymore. I haven't really lost anything in the last few months, but I haven't been trying too hard. I do hope to lose another ten or so pounds, but I am not in a rush. I am mostly happy that my migraines are far less frequent and less painful.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    52 days - lost 18.1 lbs. I don't find the emphasis on HF helpful, though. My goal is to stay below 50 net carbs, and eat approximately 63 g of protein. Fat merely fills out the daily calories, since fuel has to come from somewhere. The key thing for me is that I keep my carbs at a level that doesn't set off my blood glucose meter (LC), I am eating enough protein to sustain my lean body mass (Moderate Protein), and have enough fuel beyond that to let me do what I need to do.
  • Hispanicprincess
    Hispanicprincess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started LCHF in Late August to September. I would have a hard time because I was more at a modified Low carb. I was at about 150g of carbs. Losing really slow like 1-2 pounds. In October I went to 80-50 carbs I have lost 13Lbs so not bad. It has picked up more now.
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I started at the beginning of January this year and am trying to stay under 30g carbs. I have lost 27kg (59lbs).
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    5 months tracking my food now (BTW the longest I've ever stuck to any 'diet' in last 40 years since I was overweight at 10).

Didn't know about LCHF at 1st. Instead only stopped sugar & that was torcher. Then after 2 months found MFP and LCHF from internet searching - after all sugar is a carb.

Goal is <20g carbs & being in ketosis, but averaging 30-35g weekly (which is still low I suppose) but only keto for 40% of the last 3 months.

Exercise now increased to 3-4 times a week but for only walking 20mins when on my own twice a week, & 45 mins with an exercise physiologist twice a week on weights. When I started 5 months ago could only walk in 5 minute stints.

Shed 58lb to date (now reading that I cannot believe that's my result!!!)
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Loving reading this link!!!!!
  • jesslintch
    jesslintch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Morbidly obese so I have a lot to lose. 18.8 lbs and one size since October 12.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    I started about 4 - 4 1/2 months ago (I stopped counting weeks - bad me!) and I've lost close to 14 lbs. I've always been a very slow loser, so I feel I'm doing great! I'm half way to being out of the over weight category (yay!) and I hardly ever feel hungry (yay!!) :)