How much weight have you lost, and how long have you been on LCHF?

Options

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I started about a week after Valentine's Day, so I guess it's been 9 months and some-odd days. I am at about 55 lbs lost in that time. The first 6 months the weight came off the most quickly, and I've probably only lost about 10 lbs in the past 3 months, but I am so happy. I'm still in the obese category, but I feel great. I'm trying to tweak things to manage other symptoms, like skin reactions and some water retention, but as long as I stay under about 40g carbs per day I feel so much better than I used to! Like SunnyBunny, I started this for weight loss and didn't think about anything else, but now that I've seen all the other improvements I intend to do this for life. I have no idea what my goal is, as I've already reached my initial weight loss goal, which was to get back to the size I wore when I met my husband. Like I said, I intend to do this for life. :)
  • cynlyn2010
    cynlyn2010 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started on January 19, 2014. Down 83 pounds and I have so much more energy.
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Started on June 1st and have lost 71. I limit my carbs to 50 net per day. I started off with 20 per day and have worked up to 50 adding back in berries and the occasional serving of beans.
  • randiewilliams72
    randiewilliams72 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think I started around April or so. So about 6 months. Down 40 lbs.
  • randiewilliams72
    randiewilliams72 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I also would like to add that the rate of weight loss depends on a lot of things. If you have more than 100 lbs to lose you will lose it more quickly in the beg than someone who has to lose 50.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Started 80 days ago, just doing low carb and the 3rd week in I stopped loosing. Talk to some people and was told about LCHF and started loosing again. SW 194 CW 167.8 (26#) I loose between 1.8 - 2.8 lbs a week. I eat between 5 and 10% carbs at 1500 cals (some days low as 1300 some up to 1600) 70% F, 20-25% P, 5-10% C. Good luck!!
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 22 since August. I had some challenges with vacations, birthdays and holidays but I haven't put any back. Love this WOE
  • janettemillard868
    janettemillard868 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started Logging my intake in July SW 187.7 (reality though looking at photos of me I was probably 200+ after Dec 14)
    Decided to try Ketosis as I have always yoyo'd for as long as I can remember.
    CW 158.8 and this is after 2 stalls/fluctuations and a change in hormones (got to love being a woman) - didn't move at all from late October through to last week -eat around 1500 Cal day, normally 1200-1400 though as I can't force it down.
    Its definitely not a linear weight loss, and for some reason I have never tested anything higher than 0.3 for keynotes on my blood meter go figure. But I have lost and I have no doubt this will continue at its own rate. No longer Morbidly Obese Yay.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I started Logging my intake in July SW 187.7 (reality though looking at photos of me I was probably 200+ after Dec 14)
    Decided to try Ketosis as I have always yoyo'd for as long as I can remember.
    CW 158.8 and this is after 2 stalls/fluctuations and a change in hormones (got to love being a woman) - didn't move at all from late October through to last week -eat around 1500 Cal day, normally 1200-1400 though as I can't force it down.
    Its definitely not a linear weight loss, and for some reason I have never tested anything higher than 0.3 for keynotes on my blood meter go figure. But I have lost and I have no doubt this will continue at its own rate. No longer Morbidly Obese Yay.

@janettemillard868 that's a fantastic loss!
  • janettemillard868
    janettemillard868 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you @totaloblivia - Definitely not an easy journey so I would say to all just stick with it patients is definitely key. And even though I can't seem to get any Keto readings I think as long as your losing inches and happy eating what's to complain about:) So keep at it folks!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Lost 80-ish lbs the "regular (CICO Or Bust) way" then switched to a lowER carb WOE (100g carbs or less, 100g protein or more) in May 2015 at our doctor's suggestion to help my husband lose - we both lost on that method, he's down close to 40 and I lost an additional 20+, then in September I decided to try Keto and lost another 10 lbs but I haven't been awesome at sticking to full-on keto. I need to become more committed and more educated on how to do it successfully. Anyone up for mentorship? lol
  • miche173
    miche173 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I started in the beginning of February 2015, so about 10 months. I've lost 54 pounds, with another 26 to go. I've stalled for months, especially with summer vacations and a cruise, but I'm just plugging along. No longer obese:). I aim for 60/30/10, at around 1300 calories, though calories fluctuate depending on the day. I try to stay under 20 net carbs/day. I also try to do IF during the week, with an occasional 36 hour fast thrown in.
    Good luck finding a way to work it for you!
  • marlamp10
    marlamp10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started keto two months ago on Oct. 3, and as of this morning I'm down just under 11 lbs. I'm 58 and not quite solidly in menopause, but nearly there, so I know I'm going to have issues.

When I first started, I was just keeping carbs to about 45 or under. I got into ketosis, but after the first five lbs I stalled for several weeks. After that, I started reading Maria Emmerich and did the keto calculator, and it indicated that I needed to really drop the carbs and up my fat more, so I'm now doing 80/15/5. I think that's working for me, although it was interrupted by Thanksgiving Dinner and probably a little too much keto pumpkin pie.

I'm just now feeling like the weight is starting to move again. But I'm pretty sure this will be a slow process. I still have 80-90 lbs to go, so it will be awhile.
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Started June 1, lost 33 lbs and hit goal weight of 150 this morning! I'm so excited and grateful to have found keto! Time for a new goal! Never thought I'd make the first one!!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Congrats @umayster :smiley: How exciting :+1:
  • sciencenovice
    sciencenovice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started keto Nov.28th. It's only been two weeks and I've lost 13lbs. 180lbs, to now 167lbs. It's that initial water weight, I know. But it's exciting. My pants are looser. And I'm not hungry! Yay! I struggle to eat my full 1500. Which is unheard for me. I can plow through some food!
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've been low carb eating since mid-to-late September and have lost 25 lbs since then, and a total of 41 lbs since July.
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Congrats @umayster :smiley: How exciting :+1:

Thanks much!
  • anna114400
    anna114400 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    27 lbs gone since I started on Oct 3rd! Had a relapse around Thanksgiving, but recovered and I've been right back at it! I love reading everyone's success, it's super motivating!
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    After fine tuning my diet to lower my carbs (no potatoes, no rice, limited alcohol, no treats such as ice cream), I have lost 23 pounds since August. Only 10 more to go to be at a normal BMI.