Determined December: Week 1 Challenge Check-In (12/1-12/7)

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I turn 55yrs old this month. I have been planning to run a 1/2 marathon for oh 5yrs!! Started training when I was 50 yrs. Got really run down visited my daughters school UF and caught mono. It has taken a very long time to build my immune system back. But this was the year to mark the 1/2 off my bucket list and it seems I have fractured my thigh bone while running on the treadmill :/ so my new goal trash the bucket list. I am healthy. I am strong. I am going to stay that way.
    The ARC Trainer rocks and it does not hurt my leg. Have a good workout friends.
    Patsy
    Lutz Fl

ah that stinks! At least you found something that lets you move without pain.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Tues, 12/1:
    Water: 120/120oz check.jpg
    Electrolytes Good: check.jpg
    Logged Food: check.jpg
    Exercise as Planned?: Strength: Arms and Abs check.jpg
    At or Under Carb Level: 26/50g total check.jpg
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Yes! Maintenance day check.jpg
    Planned Day Ahead: Yes! check.jpg
    7/7

Wed, 12/2:
    Water: 120/120oz check.jpg
    Electrolytes Good: check.jpg
    Logged Food: check.jpg
    Exercise as Planned?: 30 min Dreadmill walk at 3.5mph check.jpg
    At or Under Carb Level: 16/50g total check.jpg
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Yes! Fast day check.jpg
    Planned Day Ahead: Yes! check.jpg
    7/7

Weekly Trees of Christmas Awesomeness Collected:
    tree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.gif

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    A good solid day. On track to remain within keto plan. Can even have a bpcoffee this evening if I want.
    2nd day at new job was good - so many new tasks to learn but seems like they have a training plan that I am hoping to be able to keep up with. Because it is very fast paced there I may be meeting my increased motion goal just by being there! I like that! I even have to walk a fair bit to and from my car a couple times a day! Since I am such a natural and well established couch potato, I am choosing to be grateful for this situation. And I will remember that when we have our sub-zero weather!
    Still feeling a little blue, but lost some weight today, and doing well at work is helping me keep steady. Steady is good.
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Okay. I am in for this month, need to stay focused. I want to lose at least 12 pounds this month. I gained 10 pounds in two weeks of going back to old habits. It was an eye opener to what my future could be if I do not make this a lifestyle change. This month is going to be hard because we have nine days before Christmas where we pray daily and there is always food afterwards. And being Mexican, there are always tamales being passed around. My plan is to fast on those days and take snacks with me. Oh yeah and we give out goodie bags to the kids every day during the nine days. Remember I have 7 kids. But I am taking it one day at a time. Here are my daily goals:

Water:1 gallon

Log: Everything

Carbs: Under 30

Exercise: At least 30 minutes

Wednesday, 12/2

All got nailed today!!

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    SW 11/2: 150.6; 142.6 on 12/1
    CW: 141.2 (thrilled the scale moved again :))
    GW for December 31: 139.6 or below (DietBet goal for Transformer Round 4, should be reasonable, I hope!)
    My goals for December:
    Carbs: Under 20 net/day--check on Dec 1 and 2
    Calories: 1350/day + eat back up to 1/2-2/3 exercise calories--under both days
    Logging and measuring daily--check, check
    Getting in exercise at least 3x/wk--1x so far this week
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    December Basics Challenge:

Original Weight: 185-190 lbs in late June, 2015
    CW: 152.4
    GW for Dec 31: Under 150 (at least most of the time)
    Final GW: ~140lbs

December Goals:
    • Eat below 25g of carbs on all days except possibly Dec. 9th (dinner theatre and school party), 18th (party), 24, 25, and 31(hosting a party).
    • If I eat over 25g of carbs in a day, it is not to exceed 35g.
    • I can eat over my calories on a few days but will cut back on other days to make up for it, without going hungry.
    • Do at least one fat fast (~500kcal of mainly fat) per week.
    • Use IF with BPC to eat meals/solid food (that sounds really weird...) between 2pm and 7pm on the majority of days.
    • Complete Round 1 of P90X just before Xmas.

My goals are pretty broad but I find when I get too specific I rebel and get nothing done. ;) This is more of the same for me. The main things for me are to avoid carb creep and get into an exercise routine.
  • laura1fx
    laura1fx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 168.1 (12/01)
    CW: 163.3 (12/03)
    Short-term GW: 163 (by 01/01/2016)
    Goal weight: 125 and only go down from there.

Wednesday, 12/02 Results:
    Water: 154/128 oz
    Logged Food: Yes
    Exercise as Planned?: Yes! 40 minutes on the elliptical.
    At or Under Carb Level: 15/50g total
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Yes!
    Planned Day Ahead: Yes!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My goals for December are:

1: Not gain weight.
    2: Not freak out when I don't lose weight (cause I never do)
    3: Not gain weight.
    4: Try my darndest to stick close to my macros.
    5: Water- never an issue for me

My DH insists I make Christmas cookies every year. Chocolate chip cookies are a MAJOR weakness for me. I know I will feel like crap if I eat them- heartburn, racing heart- but somehow I forget all that until it's too late.

I've been doing IF for a few weeks now. I will continue this with a water fast thrown in here and there.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    December Basics Challenge

SW: 159.2 (11/02/15)
    CW: 157 (11/24/15)
    GW: 155 (by 1/01/16)

December Goals:

Try a few new low carb recipes this month
    Walk 210 miles this month to achieve my yearly goal of 1,500 miles
    At or under 40 net carbs per day
    Daily Yoga challenge for December; whether it's 5 minutes or 1 hour, I will do yoga everyday!

December 1 - good day: Wise food choices, 5 miles walking + yoga!!
    December 2 - a repeat of yesterday except 6 miles walked and yoga!!

tree5.gif
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    December Basics Challenge:

Original Weight: 185-190 lbs in late June, 2015
    SW: 152.4
    CW: 150.8 (scale dipped today but I am a bit dehydrated)
    GW for Dec 31: Under 150 (at least most of the time)
    Final GW: ~140lbs

December Goals:
    • Eat below 25g of carbs on all days except possibly Dec. 9th (dinner theatre and school party), 18th (party), 24, 25, and 31(hosting a party). Wednesday was 25g.
    • If I eat over 25g of carbs in a day, it is not to exceed 35g. N/A
    • I can eat over my calories on a few days but will cut back on other days to make up for it, without going hungry. calories were around 1600 = fine
    • Do at least one fat fast (~500kcal of mainly fat) per week. That's today
    • Use IF with BPC to eat meals/solid food (that sounds really weird...) between 2pm and 7pm on the majority of days. N/A
    • Complete Round 1 of P90X just before Xmas. Taking a rest day instead of YogaX. My joints need it.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Write (+2)
    80 oz water (+2)
    No Alcohol (0, more of a guideline.)
    5,000 Steps (+1. +3 if I get over 10,000)
    Exercise (+1 for basic stuff. +2 for targeted exercise.)
    Affirmation NSV (+1)

Tuesday, 12/1:
    (+1) Write: I didn't get far, but sitting down to do it is the key! (Worth total of 2)
    (+2) 128/80 oz water
    (0) No Alcohol: didn't have any
    (0) 4,263/5,000 Steps (fitbit charged in the evening but not enough for 737 steps)
    (+1) Exercise - Parked far away IN THE BITTER COLD RAIN. YEAH!!
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: While everyone else was enjoying the caramel apple mug cakes I made them for dessert last night, I enjoyed my coffee and didn't stress about it. My husband MADE me take a bite because he wanted me to taste how good they were, but it didn't make me want more!
    5 of a possible 11

Wednesday, 12/2:
    (+2) Write: Check!
    (+2) 148/80 oz water
    (0) No Alcohol: didn't have any
    (0) 2,359/5,000 Steps
    (+1) Exercise - Parked far away, foundation training
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: I am starting to look at my legs as thin, which I never thought I'd do. I'm not sure I want to see a photo of them just yet but when I look down I can definitely see a difference!
    5 of a possible 11

tree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.gif
  • baconslave
    Options
    I hit my goal weight this morning. :mrgreen:
    penguin.gif
    Ok. Done being obnoxious.
    Have a great day. :heart:
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Wed Summary 12.2

SW 11.30.15 148.2
    CW 149.0 (egads- UP again..No, no. other way)
    GW 144 (1.1.2016)

Water: OK.
    Logged Food: yes
    Exercise as Planned?: No
    At or Under Carb Level: 42g a bit hi
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Yes
    Planned Day Ahead: No, lunch with another candidate.

Too many sugars, carbs. - stop it. just stop. I've been back to buying salads again for lunches.
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Oh yay! I was just looking for one of these. I tend to pop in for an update after I have a loss, so not as regularly as some.

Not much to say and not much to lose. I'm 26, 175lb, 4'9''. Lately my depression has gotten much worse and I've felt the lowest I've felt in years. This weight has to come off. I'm trying to ditch my negative attitude and my pro-ED "tricks" and just focus on eating healthier and drinking more water. We'll see how I do with that, since my job is pretty physically demanding. I'll add in exercise if I think I can handle it later on.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    penguin.gif

Post it EVERYWHERE! I'm so happy for you!!!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Oh yay! I was just looking for one of these. I tend to pop in for an update after I have a loss, so not as regularly as some.

Not much to say and not much to lose. I'm 26, 175lb, 4'9''. Lately my depression has gotten much worse and I've felt the lowest I've felt in years. This weight has to come off. I'm trying to ditch my negative attitude and my pro-ED "tricks" and just focus on eating healthier and drinking more water. We'll see how I do with that, since my job is pretty physically demanding. I'll add in exercise if I think I can handle it later on.

Welcome!
    Those are some good goals.
    I found that this WOE and getting healthier killed my depression. I'm not on meds at all. And once that dissipated, I was able to own the mental aspect of weight loss. Which is pretty much 99% of it. You get that locked in and it is only a matter of patience and time. A lot of time sometimes. But once you find your sweet spot, diet-wise, your body can't and won't hold out on you forever. The trick is sticking in there and discovering that formula. And sometimes it takes experimentation, which can tax your patience a lot.
    But it is soooo worth it. And you are so worth it. Don't ever forget that.
  • baconslave
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    penguin.gif

Post it EVERYWHERE! I'm so happy for you!!!

Thank you. It is so weird this place I'm in right now. I haven't been this weight since jr high. And I still do double takes when I glance and accidentally see myself in a glass door or window while out. I have skinny knees! Which makes it a PITA to shave, but wow... It's a surreal but happy place.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    penguin.gif

You're my hero. I have never uttered that phrase in my life and I turn 37 on December 20. :'(
    I'm gonna do it, though, doggone it! If it's the last thing I do!!!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    December 1: I was over by 35 calories, stayed under 100g of carbs (86), worked out, drank water (not sure how much, but seemed like a lot). I'd call it a win, calories are subjective after all. I could've been over by 200 or under by 100 - some guessing is involved with the dining out!

December 2: I was home with a sick child so I had the luxury of making all of my food. I spent the entire day cleaning (literally at least 6 hours on my feet), so I'm calling that a workout because I was sore, sweaty and exhausted by the end of the day! Stayed under my calories by 15, under my carbs (94), drank water, but not enough. Gotta work on the water.

Today: So far so good. I've been taking gummy vitamins for years, but those bad boys are anywhere between 11-15 carbs for a daily dose. I may have to dump them. Full report on today later (or tomorrow) :/

I'm feeling a little confused still about how I should handle the net vs. total carbs, but I've just been going with total. I feel like I'm sort of cheating if I do net carbs.
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    penguin.gif

FANTASTIC!!!!