100% Challenge - Flying Thru the Holidays - Dec. 7, 2015 to Jan. 17, 2016

Options
RogerToo
RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
1100% Challenge - Flying Thru the Holidays - Monday Dec. 7, 2015 to Sunday Jan. 17, 2016

100% Challenge…
FLYING THRU THE HOLIDAYS

ye3dzqa466p0.jpg

This is a 6 week challenge.
It runs from Monday Dec. 7, 2015 to Sunday Jan. 17, 2016
The rules are very simple:
Use NS FOODS (or equivalent of your own foods following the NS guidelines)
100% water means at least 64 ounces
100% food & water every day.
*** 100% food means your NS foods for the day and all the add-ins on the NS Plan or
Staying on plan using NS Foods or using equivalent foods or all of Your foods that meet the plan requirements***
* For each day post your 100% in red bold along with the date so it's easier to update the spreadsheet.
(Example: 100% 12/07/2015 or NOT 100% 12/07/2015 )
* Exercise 3x/week but we won't track exercise; that is up to you.
* Post as often as you can! DAILY is BEST!
* Have fun, ask questions, answer questions, help where you can, give support...get support!
* Weigh-in day is SUNDAY (if you need a different day, just let us know)
Post your weigh-in, how much you lost or gained or if you maintained.
(example: WEIGH-IN: 180.2 or Lost 1.5 pounds)
* Set a goal of what you want to lose over the next 6 weeks.
(many of us make a ticker to track our progress)

JOIN US ANYTIME!
ALL ARE WELCOME!!
NO CUT-OFF TIME FOR JOINING

"Welcome" to the new challengers and "Welcome Back" to those returning to the 100% Challenge.
Yes, we know, the holiday madness is in full swing now. And yes, we’re sure that with all the festivities and seasonal shopping to do, you probably think that the last person on your list is “YOU”—but that’s exactly where you need to be!

This year, the holidays are going to be different.
This year, you’re focused on losing weight so you can look and feel your best all season long.
This year, you’re going to be at the top of your list—right where you should be.

It’s time to remember yourself this holiday season—so you can be your absolute best for everyone around you. (It’s really amazing how that works…it’s a virtual “snowball effect” of energy!)

So start today and take just ten minutes to yourself. Do something that’s just for YOU. Take a walk. Read a book. Do your nails. But take time for YOU!!

RogerToo

Replies

• dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Ok, here I am again. With the holidays coming up, my only hope is to at least maintain, but hopefully lose a couple of pounds.

Weigh in 196.2
    Not starting off well 12/7 not 100% Did well u tilt he Red velvet cake was put in front of me
    Goal for challenge 3 lbs.

Enjoy those blustering cold temps, I will keep my Florida weather.

Donna
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2015
    Options

12/07/2015 Not 100%

Hi
    It was somewhat warmer this morning, Most Likely not going to be a good day as I'll be having lunch at a Chinese Buffet with a friend, they selected it :)

Poking around on the Internet I found that Dunkin Donuts gives a free donut with a large or extra large coffee. If anybody goes there :)

My Lucky Brother won a $75 50-50 drawing and everybody got a $50 Shoprite Grocery Store Gift card at his meeting as well as a hot buffet lunch which he did not really need the day before We go to the Hibachi grill Buffet today for lunch. Now if he could get that lucky with the Lottery tickets.

Have a Great Wednesday
    RogerToo
    Ok, here I am again. With the holidays coming up, my only hope is to at least maintain, but hopefully lose a couple of pounds.

Weigh in 196.2
    Not starting off well 12/7 not 100% Did well until the Red velvet cake was put in front of me
    Goal for challenge 3 lbs.

Enjoy those blustering cold temps, I will keep my Florida weather.

Donna

Hi Donna
    I have not finished the spreadsheet yet, probably no time today either. Can You check the last challenge and update for it and then I should be able to do the statistics for the challenge.

I hear You, what with the two holidays coming up, I will be lowering my expectations for this challenge too. I expect two weeks where I end up weighing on January 8 what I did on Christmas Morning.

Thank You
    Roger

BTW I have been doing some thinking regarding the water requirements, Any opinion on that? I know that in many cases water is the reason for the Not 100% for me.
  • ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    100% 12/7
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2015
    Options

12/08/2015 Not 100%

Hi All
    It is somewhat warmer this morning, not a lot but every little bit helps. We are in a slow warming trend through the weekend :)

The Chinese Buffet Yesterday was not good for people dieting. If I likes Seafood then it would have been better, Grilled Fish, Squid, Clams, Sushi etc. I did have some tender beef in a brown gravy, A slice of Ham, Some Chicken Broccoli, Heavy on the Broccoli, Some fresh fruits and and it would have been OK except that the Carrot Cake kept calling my name. I am retaining water today most likely from the sauces.

FWIW I have tried two No Sugar Added Sweet Gherkin Pickles, Vlasic found at Walmart and Mount Olive found at the Shoprite Grocery store. Both show Zero calories per serving, Which means that they are under 5 calories per serving. That makes them a nice sweet crunchy snack.

Have a Good Wednesday
    RogerToo
  • ginnywed
    Options
    I found those pickles too and they are really good! Its supposed to be in the higher 40's today and its not raining so out with the dogs I will go. Its going to rain and snow this weekend so I think our nice warmer days are going to be behind us. Can't complain..its been great!
    100% 12/8
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2015
    Options

12/09/2015 100%

Hi All
    I was out walking today + 1 Cent, I looped through the Quick Chek for Coffee, Down and around to the Produce store for Bananas since I was out. I also picked up a Head of Lettuce for me and two for my Brother, Zuchinnis and Cherry Tomatoes for him too. A small package of Raspberries and Blackberries for SC portions. I just managed to fit it all in the Backpack, Darned heavy too. Then I staggered on home :)

Have a Great Thursday
    RogerToo
    ginnywed wrote: »
    I found those pickles too and they are really good! Its supposed to be in the higher 40's today and its not raining so out with the dogs I will go. Its going to rain and snow this weekend so I think our nice warmer days are going to be behind us. Can't complain..its been great!
    100% 12/8

Hi Ginny
    Today we get into the 50s and by Sunday they are talking possibly record highs in the mid 60s. I think I'm lucky that each of the next three days is a little warmer than the previous one, especially when I read Your post.

Stay Warm
    Roger
  • ginnywed
    Options
    NOT 100% 12/9
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Roger,

I updated the last one,

This has not been a good week for me

12/8 100
    12/9 not 100
    12/10 not 100

Dog gone Christmas treats. As Dara's water, I think we are all ok on water, mine not 100's because of cheating. Like I said, just hoping to at least try to maintain.

Some observations I have noticed on myself. My weight loss slowed since I stopped logging, stopped walking as much due to multiple reasons, and not having as much discipline. I know we all have to come to grips with living this as a lifetime task, I just know that I have to discipline myself more. I know I can do it, just have to get back in the game and keep trying my best.

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays.
  • ginnywed
    edited December 2015
    Options
    NOT 100% 12/10 Can you say homemade cookies? Darn it anyway.
    Ginny
  • RogerToo
    Options
    12/10/2015 100%

Hi All
    I have been out walking + $1 and then to Lowes,I am back now. The weather is not to bad currently.

I am, listening to a Old Time Radio show called Suspense, episode Island of the Dead in the background.

Cheers
    RogerToo
    NOT 100% 12/9

Hi Ginny
    I need to use the other computer to get the new spreadsheet going :(

Sorry to hear the not 100%
    Roger
    Roger,

I updated the last one,

This has not been a good week for me

12/8 100
    12/9 not 100
    12/10 not 100

Dog gone Christmas treats. As Dara's water, I think we are all ok on water, mine not 100's because of cheating. Like I said, just hoping to at least try to maintain.

Some observations I have noticed on myself. My weight loss slowed since I stopped logging, stopped walking as much due to multiple reasons, and not having as much discipline. I know we all have to come to grips with living this as a lifetime task, I just know that I have to discipline myself more. I know I can do it, just have to get back in the game and keep trying my best.

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays.

Hi Donna
    It has not been the best week for me. I think that between the three Holidays and a Lunch with friends I will be lucky to lose anything until after New Years is over. Currently I am still up from Tuesdays Chinese Buffet Lunch, But dropping again.

I suspect that either of those could be offset by the other but together they equal a whammy.

Good Luck
    Roger
    NOT 100% 12/10 Can you say homemade cookies? Darn it anyway.
    Ginny

Hi Ginny
    In MY Case it is my Brothers baking and being the official taster. Fruit Cake, Brownies, Chocolate balls coated in powdered sugar and more. Nothing fattening there :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Donna
    I still need 12-6 too.

Thank You
    Roger
  • dharris1014
    Options

For 12/6 mark it as not 100.
    For 12/11 100
  • RogerToo
    Options

12/11/2015 100%
    Hi All
    When I left this morning it was slightly warmer than Yesterday, By the time I got home I had removed my gloves and would have removed my sweatshirt if I had not been a few blocks from home. Warming up outside nicely, I think I'll go crack some more Black Walnuts while it is really nice later on :)

Have a Nice Saturday
    RogerToo
    For 12/6 mark it as not 100.
    For 12/11 100

Hi Donna
    Thanks
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    12/12/2015 100%

Hi All
    It was warm enough that I only used a sweatshirt for my walk + really beat up penny. I started out with gloves but removed before I got my coffee as they were not needed today. Nice weather :) I picked up a ex large coffee at Dunkin Donuts and a free glazed donut that I passed on to my brother. Donut is free by showing the AARP card when buying the Extra Large coffee. The way I look at it, I may not eat it however my brother will and the price is right.

Have a Great Sunday
    Cheers
    RogerToo
  • dharris1014
    Options
    12/12 100
    12/13 not 100, my sons bday so I splurged with a shrimp and crab boil.

Here in FL, a week out from Christmas and it is still in the 80's.
  • ginnywed
    Options
    Not 100% 12/11, 12/12 and now 12/13. Its been raining here the past couple of days and now its going to continue to rain and get colder....but not cold. I'm thinking I should drop out of this challenge for the time being...I just can't get into it.

Ginny
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2015
    Options
    12/10/2015 100%
    Hi All
    It was slightly cooler and foggy this morning. After returning from my walk and eating breakfast I decided to get a haircut and go to Costco. It is supposed to rain later today :)

I am currently listening to a Old Time Radio show called "Your Army Air Force" They did an interview regarding the Atomic Bomb and now playing music.

Cheers
    RogerToo
    12/12 100
    12/13 not 100, my sons bday so I splurged with a shrimp and crab boil.

Here in FL, a week out from Christmas and it is still in the 80's.
    Not 100% 12/11, 12/12 and now 12/13. Its been raining here the past couple of days and now its going to continue to rain and get colder....but not cold. I'm thinking I should drop out of this challenge for the time being...I just can't get into it.

Ginny

• RogerToo
    Options
    12/14/2015 Not 100%
    Hi All
    Windy out today, The Temperatures are OK however. I dropped of the free with my AARP card at Dunkin Donuts donut at the recycle center. While there I also dropped off a $20 Dunkin Donut Gift Card to say thank You for all the help over the last two years when I am there :)

Cheers
    RogerToo
  • RogerToo
    Options
    12/15/2015 100%

Hi
    While it was cooler outside this morning it was still well above average for this date. Today is still 10 degrees above average.

Christmas shopping id done and Cards are all sent unless something pops up so that is good.

Cheers
    RogerToo