Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

12/25/2015 not 100%
    12/26/2015 100%

Hi All
    I managed to miss logging into Saturday somehow, There goes my daily log in streak :)
    It is gloomy and misty out today. Friday and Saturday I ended up walking twice, once in the morning and once in the evening. While walking I have been listening to The Mysterious Traveler, The Shadow and Chandu the Magician. Links for free download or streaming sites available if anyone is interested.

I did a taste test for my Brother Winging it bread, Bland :) OTOH he did wing it with no recipe so congrats for trying.

Have a great Sunday
    RogerToo
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Donna
    85!
    We are doing really good with the record temperatures when they get up near 70 or just over this past week.

Thank You
    Roger
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Ok, made it thru the major holidays, not so bad considering I was off plan most days.

W/I 199.4

I know it is up from last week and the beginning of the challenge, but now it is time to crack down and get back to work. This week I am at home and painting a bedroom. Hopefully that will help burn off some calories.

I look forward to seeing what we can accomplish in 2016.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    12/10/2015 100%
    Hi All
    I have not gone out walking yet, Today is the first time I can remember ever needing to exchange a Christmas Gift :)
    My Brother gave me Mittens which he says will keep my hands warmer during the colder weather. He did not notice the size where it says "Large Junior" I could not get my hands into them. So I am waiting until after 8:30 - 8:45 since the store opens at 10AM in the next town.

Much Colder today than Yesterday too. We Did not make the record warm Sunday, Due to clouds we fell 2 degrees short at 61 degrees. Today We might hot 41 degrees :(

While walking Saturday on one of the streets I was on there was a different animal running across the lawns. That is the first time I've seen a Fox while walking.

Cheers
    RogerToo
    Ok, made it thru the major holidays, not so bad considering I was off plan most days.

W/I 199.4

I know it is up from last week and the beginning of the challenge, but now it is time to crack down and get back to work. This week I am at home and painting a bedroom. Hopefully that will help burn off some calories.

I look forward to seeing what we can accomplish in 2016.

Hi Donna
    I'll have to update the Spreadsheet later or tomorrow as it is nearing time to go out the door.
    Not my best week, between a Lunch with a friend Tuesday and then Christmas day Ham dinner.
    It could be worse I was up a 1/4 pound from Tuesday mornings weigh in, most of the gain was from water retention as I see it.

Have a Good end of the year week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2015
    Options
    12/28/2015 100%

Hi All
    I was a bit worried about today's weather when I went onto the porch last night to bring in the mail and I could hear little ice pellets hitting, However it is rainy and windy outside currently :( The rain is supposed to be over later on so I think I will walk up to the post office and bank after my noontime food. I found 26 cents Sunday while walking a different road than I usually take, that could be why.

I have had my Banana already and in a little while I will go have my protein shake and Breakfast Entree. NS Cinnamon Roll or NS Pancakes.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Busy, busy day, or should I say week. I decided it was time to paint one of the bedrooms. OMG, I had forgotten how much effort this takes. It is going to take my whole week of vacation to complete this job. And to top it off, I just learned they had to put my grand dog down, as he was hit by a car. Grandson and daughter in law are devastated.

12/28 100
    12/29 100
  • RogerToo
    Options

12/30/2015 100%

Hi All
    It was slightly foggy this morning as I walked over to drop off one of My Brothers Fruit Cake, This is last years recipe that has been sprayed with a Brandy spray for weeks.

I'll be out the door shortly, We are spending the day at a friends, Then tomorrow is a Brunch (Breakfast) with a friend and then Friday is New Years day. So I'll be having three tough days for a dieter.

Roger
    Busy, busy day, or should I say week. I decided it was time to paint one of the bedrooms. OMG, I had forgotten how much effort this takes. It is going to take my whole week of vacation to complete this job. And to top it off, I just learned they had to put my grand dog down, as he was hit by a car. Grandson and daughter in law are devastated.

12/28 100
    12/29 100

Hi Donna
    Sorry to hear about Your Grand Dog.

Painting is work, That is why we ended up hiring someone to paint the double size back bedroom. It had not been done for many years and it sure did soak up the paint. The same person did some Sheetrock repairs for us too.

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Well almost the new year. Now we get the opportunity to write 366 days of our newest journey. Happy New Year to everyone.

12/30 100
    12/31 not 100
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2016
    Options

12/31/2015 and 12/29/2015 Not 100%
    I see I missed the 29th :)

Hi All
    Chilly out and downright cold when the wind blew. I picked up a Dunkin Donuts Coffee on my walk and tried out the Mittens my brother gave me for Christmas. They did a better job in the cold than the gloves do. They are the same brand and warmth rating so it appears he is right when he says Mittens are warmer.

I had too much ham on the 29th and Chinese for lunch with my brother and a friend and then Yesterday we had Brunch, 10:30AM with two friends and now today is New Years Day and I do not know what the day brings yet.

I did a look back and calculation of weight loss since starting NS. 2014 was 129 and 2015 was 79.25 lost. Weight loss has slowed down as the weight has dropped.

Happy New Years Day
    Roger
    Well almost the new year. Now we get the opportunity to write 366 days of our newest journey. Happy New Year to everyone.

12/30 100
    12/31 not 100

Hi Donna
    Words of Wisdom.

Good Luck to all
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/01/2016 100%

Hi All
    I did walk today despite the weather being much colder than yesterday. I passed a frozen puddle during my walk. The first one I have seen in a while. Add in the breeze and it was chilly out there.

Have a Great New Year
    Roger
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Well not starting out the new year too well. I have had too many fireball drinks this weekend. Thank goodness I go home from my sons tomorrow.

1/1 and 1/2 not 100
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/02/2016 100%

Hi All
    I overachieved on my days walk today + 11 cents. I hit my days goal of steps before 10AM. Today was in the low 20s, 7 degrees colder than yesterday, No breeze thankfully :) I went long today as tomorrow will be even colder so I banked some steps just in case I need to shorten due to the cold tomorrow. Tomorrow I plan to leave later than usual, go by the 7-Eleven for my coffee, then around to the 1st bank and deposit a check, then on towards the end of the walk to the 2nd bank and deposit a check that arrived Saturday to late to go that day.

I used up the last of the small bananas today, 2 before the walk and one blended into a NS vanilla protein shake. Three of them weigh slightly more than a medium banana, then chuck out the bad parts and I should have been on target for banana weight. Then after the walk the protein shake, a NS Frozen Cinnamon Roll, Both very tasty and my Vitamins.

Have a Great Sunday
    RogerToo
    Well not starting out the new year too well. I have had too many fireball drinks this weekend. Thank goodness I go home from my sons tomorrow.

1/1 and 1/2 not 100

Hi Donna
    Don't feel bad, I had a three day streak of non 100% myself due to the holidays and eating a meal out with friends. Tomorrow is another day :)

FWIW I updated the spreadsheet. I wonder if we lost Ginny?
    Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Py2s3s9iSlyimW8YUYnKPIXlBktWlXC5CiJ_1NLRIdY
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Better day today. 1/3 100%

Been raining most of the day and cooler, lol, in the high 60s. I'll take it.
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Yay, new items with NS. Of course I won't get them until the end of January.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    12/10/2015 100%

Hi All
    Just posting while waiting for time to go do my walk later. I have to wait so that the banks I plan to go to while walking are open.

Later on today the temperatures are forecast to drop as a cold front moves in, currently it is a chilly 30 degrees, no cold front needed in my opinion :)

Have a Great Week
    Roger
    Better day today. 1/3 100%

Been raining most of the day and cooler, lol, in the high 60s. I'll take it.
    Yay, new items with NS. Of course I won't get them until the end of January.
    Hi Donna
    Good News regarding new foods. I am currently waiting for the snail of a NutriSystem website to let me see them.
    Snack Items
    Apple Pecan Bites
    Creamy Ranch Snack-A-Rounds
    Salt and Vinegar Snack-A-Rounds
    Smoky BBQ Snack-A-Rounds
    Snickerdoodle Cookie
    Sweet and Salty Snack Mix
    Toffee Crunch Cookies
    Vanilla Shortbread Cookies
    Breakfast Items
    Nothing So Far, I remain Hopeful
    Lunch
    White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
    nutricrush™ Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar
    Dinner
    Nothing and I saw only Shelf Stable foods too.

However Since I delayed my order on Saturday I can hope for more Breakfast and Dinner Items before the order closes to changes on the 17th.

Thank You for the Heads Up
    Roger

• dharris1014
    Options
    I'm feeling really good today.

1/4 100
    W/I 198.6, and since I wasn't 100 most of last week, I am very happy that I still lost.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    01/04/2016 100%

Hi All
    FWIW I have not gone out the door today nor do I have any plans to head out for a walk until after noontime. The Nearby towns temperature report at 7:01AM was 9 degrees with a windchill of -2 degrees :) Hence the delay in starting out until after my Noontime eats. The forecast is for it to warm up to a balmy 30 degrees and the winds to die down. Then we head into warming weather all the way into the 40s later this week.

Have a Good Tuesday
    RogerToo
    I'm feeling really good today.

1/4 100
    W/I 198.6, and since I wasn't 100 most of last week, I am very happy that I still lost.

Hi Donna
    I see I oopsed the date in yesterdays post and used 12-10 instead of 1-3 :( since I use a template stored in wordpad format it was easy enough to do.

I noticed this entree too, I have not noticed it before yesterday. No New tag showing yesterday when I saw it either. It must have been there a while since it already has been rated by 10 people :) That is what I get for only looking for a new tag to decide what to add in my order :(

Canadian Style Turkey Bacon, Egg and Cheese Muffin
    Our first breakfast muffin sandwich was so popular, we created a new variety—this time with fluffy egg whites, American cheese and Canadian style turkey bacon. Start your morning with a good source of protein, and have a great day.

It sounds good to me, I added a couple to the order to replace Waffles.

Congratulations on the loss, It appears You are doing really good.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    01/04/2016 100%
    Hi All
    I got my walking done yesterday after Noontime, It was still very cold as the wind had not died down. When I checked the local temperature today it was showing as still cold nearby so I am postponing my walk to later on today too. I did get my steps in Yesterday so it could be worse. The temperature today is supposed to be near 40, however currently it is showing 7 degrees in Nearby Somerville hence the delayed start time for a second day. The Temperatures are supposed to be higher each day for the rest of the week until the upper 40s are reached, somewhere around 48 degrees.

No Precipitation in the forecast until the weekend when the show showers.

Cheers
    Roger
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Roger, if I had those temps. I would freeze my keister off, no way I would be walking. You have such motivation. Such an inspiration. Well after my paintingg expedition last week, the carpet was put in yesterday. I started putting everything back, but as I am doing this, I am donating things or horsing things out that are no longer needed.

1/5 and 1/6 100%
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/06/2016 100%

Hi
    I was out walking + 26 Cents, again today and removed some temptations from the house. I dropped off at the Car repair shop two sliced sausages, original and Garlic along with pre-sliced cheese and sleeves of ersatz Ritz crackers for their coffee breaks.

It was cold, however it was warmer than yesterday by about 8 degrees and tomorrow through Sunday each day will be warmer than the day before.

I'll be heading out to Costco shortly, My Brother will drop me their while he goes across the Mall to the Bed Bath & Beyond, Thus saving me a drive.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    Roger, if I had those temps. I would freeze my keister off, no way I would be walking. You have such motivation. Such an inspiration. Well after my paintingg expedition last week, the carpet was put in yesterday. I started putting everything back, but as I am doing this, I am donating things or horsing things out that are no longer needed.

1/5 and 1/6 100%

Hi Donna
    I will admit that even with waiting for later in the day to get some warming it was very cold. The Hot Coffee while walking helps.

We do that sort of thing here too, some of the things that were in the back, larger bedroom, never went back in. Some were donated and some just disposed of depending on condition.

Cheers
    Roger