Dresses!

Options
Ok, so I went to a proper wedding dress shop today and fell in love with these two dresses
4cr3ymodoy0r.jpg

s570g1yllaqk.jpg

Mainly the first one, with a possible lace top. However, in the shop they come to almost £1600. (although I've just searched online and found it for 300 dollars!)

But then I found this website and she makes dresses to your spec. I love the colours, I'm hoping she can make one like the justin alexander dress with dip dye sunshine yellow

http://wai-ching.com/content/real-brides

Decisions, decisions!

Feel bad for the lovely lady int he dress shop though, but £1600 is like a quarter of our wedding budget!

Replies

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    The first one was such an amazing fit! Felt good from all angles, was quite surprised! Good motivator.
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Both of those dresses are gorgeous! I love the simplicity of the first one, but the second is very romantic!
    I can't imagine having a dress custom made is cheaper though, is it?
    $300 is an amazing deal if you buy online though. Also make sure to consider costs of alterations which can easily go into the hundreds depending on the gown.
    Just as a warning, I fell in love with a dress a bunch of times and them after a little time I'd realize it wasn't for me. Looking back at some of the dresses I actually considered, some are kinda hilarious! So give yourself time to find your look. I don't think you could go wrong with either of these!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, does the link not work to the colourful ones? I've emailed the make asking if she can make the first one but with some colour injected into it. On her website they range from 600 to 1000 dollars for custom made, and £50 to send to the UK. Seems reasonable.

The shop was very expensive £1600 for the dress and a lace top I liked. I'm uncertain if the websites are reputable but they are showing the same dress by that designer for 300 dollars.

Wedding dress shops in the UK take about 3 weeks to get an appointment, and a lot of them say 8 months to make them! I just wanted a sense of shape and this trumpet shape definitely works for me :)

My neighbour is a seemstress and I think alterations would be 1-200 pounds
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    72fq3nyxdlk3.jpg

or this?!
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    GORGEOUS! What a unique and beautiful coloring option! I'd like to find a dress that is either yellow or has yellow in it as well! How exciting for you! I like both of them and it sounds like you have a plan to put into motion! AWESOMENESS!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Thanks Marla, I like your colourful bike!
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    All these dresses are beautiful.
    This is the one I have chosen.
    allaboutevebridalwear.com/index.php/products/ronald-joyce-erica-69011/

Edit: I felt so amazing when I tried it on, I instantly knew it was the one. My mom took photos and when I look at them I think I look so fat.

• Chezzie84
    Options
    fitfor30th wrote: »
    Ok, so I went to a proper wedding dress shop today and fell in love with these two dresses
    4cr3ymodoy0r.jpg

s570g1yllaqk.jpg

Mainly the first one, with a possible lace top. However, in the shop they come to almost £1600. (although I've just searched online and found it for 300 dollars!)

But then I found this website and she makes dresses to your spec. I love the colours, I'm hoping she can make one like the justin alexander dress with dip dye sunshine yellow

http://wai-ching.com/content/real-brides

Decisions, decisions!

Feel bad for the lovely lady int he dress shop though, but £1600 is like a quarter of our wedding budget!

Please be careful ordering a dress online. I have heard so many stories of brides buying cheap dresses and receiving a dress that has been badly made using low quality material. Look at the link below, it's horrendous.
    https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.isaaccharlesbridal.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Dress-Copies.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.isaaccharlesbridal.co.uk/tag/fake-wedding-dresses/&h=252&w=484&tbnid=ZxA9C2iX-VnK1M:&docid=Jt_qYCj3zfMouM&ei=PO1jVobVA8LlaILaiuAK&tbm=isch&ved=0ahUKEwiG46aV5MbJAhXCMhoKHQKtAqwQMwgnKAswCw
    They take photographs from reputable sites and use them as their own.
    If an offer is too good to be true, it normally is.

If you go to the wedding show, lots of bridal shops do discount for buying a dress then and there. I saved 20% on mine.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    @chezzie84 Hi Chezzie, thanks for the head up, I emailed them and yes, it wasnt the original dress, they make a version themselves so wont be doing that!. Lovely lace dress!

I felt great in the first dress, and im worried ordering one i havent tried on won't feel so good! aargh
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »
    All these dresses are beautiful.
    This is the one I have chosen.
    allaboutevebridalwear.com/index.php/products/ronald-joyce-erica-69011/

Edit: I felt so amazing when I tried it on, I instantly knew it was the one. My mom took photos and when I look at them I think I look so fat.

Stunning dress! Love it. I'm a huge fan of lace and have a lace dress as well :) I ended up with strapless, but kinda wish I hadn't..oh well!
    If you feel amazing you will look amazing.
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    @chezzie84 Hi Chezzie, thanks for the head up, I emailed them and yes, it wasnt the original dress, they make a version themselves so wont be doing that!. Lovely lace dress!

I felt great in the first dress, and im worried ordering one i havent tried on won't feel so good! aargh

I agree...it's really risky. I ordered my bridesmaids dresses on Etsy and the quality was great but the cost and hassle of alterations almost made it not worth it. Plus, even though they are exactly as pictured...If I'd seen them in person I don't think I would have chosen them. It's just hard to visualize what it will really look like. Either fit a more expensive dress into your budget, or you can also try to find a bridesmaid dress in a bridal shop that comes in white. They're typically much less expensive and there are lots of styles that look like wedding dresses once they're in white! Also just try scouring used dress sites, kijiji, craigslist etc for the exact dress you want, if you don't mind wearing a used one. As long as you find one in your size or larger you can just have it altered and will save lots!
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    The one with the almost peacock-like train is amazing! I think having colour is fun :)

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I second hearing some of the horror stories of ordering online, but I've also read tips that suggest ordering directly from China (most of them are made there so it's more direct). Another way that might help (depends on your size) is if you can get a floor dress rather than one that's custom made. You'll have alterations anyway, but if you're pretty standard size, guessing you are, that can save a lot (I got mine for a steal buying off the rack).

I think both your choices are gorgeous. One thing that was said to me about choosing the dress is also to think about your venue and what will fit there. Although cost played a factor too, when I was thinking about a couple dresses, that also helped nudge me towards my dress too.
  • Chezzie84
    Options
    qzd1pebjqsww.jpg
    Hi ladies.
    What do you think of this with the dress I showed you earlier?
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    qzd1pebjqsww.jpg
    Hi ladies.

It looks like a bit much. I think something half the width would be prettier and more delicate. Love the idea of a hair accessory, tho :)
  • Chezzie84
    Options
    qzd1pebjqsww.jpg
    Hi ladies.

It looks like a bit much. I think something half the width would be prettier and more delicate. Love the idea of a hair accessory, tho :)

Thank you for your honesty :)
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I would see if you could find something lacier (like the dress) or that echoed the jeweled piece at the waist. It is pretty, but I see where Jill is coming from.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Those dresses are very lovely. I like the colors that can be added. I haven't seen any like these in person though.
    I'm going dress shopping this weekend. Oh boy.
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Hey ladies, for those of you that don't have dresses yet, might I suggest lace up backs? My dress has a zipper and that allows NO wiggle room. I am now living in perpetual fear that I will not fit into my dress (either too big or too small) and it's stressful! Just something to keep in mind, because I didn't!