Dresses!

Options

Replies

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    zycdzka37mao.jpg
    2dctvujhsytv.jpg

I finally looked up how to post pics so thought I'd share mine. I look like crap, but I love the dress. Unfortunately had it fit after a week home eating lots of junk food, so hoping in 6 months I'll need it taken in (despite the corset back). Also sharing the close-up of the lace up back that also better shows some of the beading.
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sarah, that is absolutely gorgeous! I love the beading and the shape!
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    OMGoodness @brisingr86 your dress is GORGEOUS! the beading is just right and the fit looks awesome on your figure! I will definitely keep in mind about the abilities of seamstresses and keep an open mind with the option of a shrug or cover for sure, although being from S.E. Alaska and never knowing what the weather might be I might need BOTH! :lol:
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Love the shape Sarah! And the thickness of the fabric:)
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Love it, Sarah! Check out that perfect hour glass figure!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of poof and lace. Here's one look I'm really hooked on right now.
    illusion-lace-wedding-dress-details-2013-bridal-san-patrick.full.jpg?1379268402
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Shelby, that's really pretty. I'm not a huge poof fan, but the lace work is beautiful! Are you planning to start shopping soon and then adjust in alterations once you're closer or waiting until you lose a bit to start shopping?
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    OOoo! Those are pretty! I like the Poof Shelby :smiley: Also, although it's probably not your focus, I really like the hair pieces!
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    xxghost - this dress is so beautiful! I love the buttons and the cinched-in waist! Have you tried it on?
  • 12kcooper88
    12kcooper88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    MsMariaJean, best of luck to you dress shopping! I definitely just want to recommend that you bring a bottle of water with you and perhaps some simple snacks (like almonds). Depending on how the day goes, it helps to keep yourself nourished :smile:
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Sarah, what a great silhouette! The dress is stunning!

Shelby, when you start trying dresses on, I wanna see pics! I like that style, it just didn't work for me personally.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    avr4e9cvo71d.jpg
    I found my dress, it's not what I expected, like many of you said...i need some hem alterations, that is not the veil nor shrug- I'll be looking for others and i am going to look into the dye dip to add some color, not really sure if it will take, but it was a very inexpensive dress and I loved the fit!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    YAY Marla Jean! The fit looks awesome; very flattering to your figure. Who doesn't need hemming? ;-) The dye sounds cool. Hope it turns out they way you want in your head. Finding a great price on a dress you love just makes it even better.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Geesh, sorry for the big picture! I don't usually do them directly from my phone so I can size them down a bit...YIKES!
    it should look more like this (see below) but I can't edit the one above...
    kc2lguwc8ol2.jpg
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    This is gorgeous and shows off your hourglass figure so well! You look beautiful! Looking forward to seeing the final version with your veil, shrug, and possibly some colour!
  • clairice2
    clairice2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your dress is stunning @MsMarlaJean
    I actually love all of the dresses everyone has put up. I love when you find the Dress, you just know its the right one.
    I'd love to show you my dress but I can't unfortunately, my OH is on MFP. I'll send you a pic from the wedding day in May. x
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Great fit!
  • MsMarlaJean
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @fitfor30th I am SERIOUSLY considering your idea of Dip Dyeing the skirt (not the organza overlay), underneath with yellows or yellow and orange, do you have any internet links about it or information you could share? Are you planning on doing this yourself or did/will you find someone to do it professionally? Do you think I should get it hemmed first and then do it or dye it and then get it hemmed?

I am also considering searching and/or making my veil and shrug ( @brisingr86 perhaps using your idea about the material from the train, should I decide to remove it) in yellow or getting it dip dyed in yellow/orange to match the skirt...what do you ladies think? I REALLY want to incorporate some color and I DON'T want to add a sash because I don't want to draw attention to that area for one and also because I don't want to cover up the corset lacing in the back...I love that detail.
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    I think that a bit if colour looks lovely. I wanted colour but my fiancé is very traditional and wouldn't like it. If yours would then i think you should go for it! (But please get it done professionally unless you have done this a lot before!!)
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    P.S. I have gone for bright red shoes, which is a nice easy low-risk way to add colour.