first month with no period

Options
tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
Wow - I've been having the pre-menopausal symptoms for about a year or so now but this is actually the first month where I did not have a period. Does it just stop coming so abruptly? For some reason I thought it would be more gradual rather than just stop outright. I hope that means that my hormones will abruptly even out so that I can lose some weight now!!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You may be at the end,or you may get a period or two again, sad to say.

I've gone 90 days without, only to have a few more.

My most recent one was 1 day long.

Like you, I hope it's over, and when it ends, I hope weight loss becomes easier.
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mine had been on and off for over a year. Now, I am coming up on almost a year without a period, so hoping this is it! Most people do not stop abruptly, but maybe you will be lucky?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Mine had been on and off for over a year. Now, I am coming up on almost a year without a period, so hoping this is it! Most people do not stop abruptly, but maybe you will be lucky?
    Good luck!
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I went a year and a half without, then this past September, bam! Feels to me like menopause is a long slow ride for our bodies. Hang in there.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Haha yeah and my symptoms lately are similar to pregnancy.. Lol.. Not sure which would be worse..menopause or another baby at my age
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I have every symptom on earth, I WANT TO BE 20 again!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    Haha yeah and my symptoms lately are similar to pregnancy.. Lol.. Not sure which would be worse..menopause or another baby at my age
    I had those for a while, including morning sickness and sore breasts.
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options

So did I, to the point (I am embarrassed to say) I actually bought a pregnancy test! Still have one in my drawer... :blush:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

So did I, to the point (I am embarrassed to say) I actually bought a pregnancy test! Still have one in my drawer... :blush:

As did I!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I did too I was so sick it scared the crap out of me. My boss thought it was hilarious as i kept running to throw up. It's cute when you're young not when you're 48.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Lol I got my period today.. I guess it will be off and on for now..
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Lol I got my period today.. I guess it will be off and on for now..

Day 1! I've had many!
  • citylife624
    citylife624 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    New to the group (and yet this was my first post in which I chose to comment, lol). I was getting mine every three weeks (yes, really) for about six months. Then they came every few months for a year. I went six months with nothing and then had one a month ago out of nowhere and it was brutal. Then had one Friday that lasted a day. Thanks for the surprise, Mother Nature!
  • aamundsoncpa
    aamundsoncpa Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yup, that is exactly why I wear a liner every single day! I just never know when it will show up these days after years of being so regular!!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I wish I could skip a month! So far I am still exactly on time every 28 days. I'm so regular that I don't even need a calendar to know when I'm due for that TOM again. :(
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've been 14 months now without my period, hope this is the end but who knows!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I've been 14 months now without my period, hope this is the end but who knows!

In theory it should be! Congrats!
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I went a year and a half without a period, then in September bam! Oh what fun lol..
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    bigblues11 wrote: »
    I went a year and a half without a period, then in September bam! Oh what fun lol..

That just breaks my heart!
  • cbfliz
    cbfliz Posts: 33 Member
    Options

As did I!

I did that as well...even though my OH has had a vasectomy! :)