first month with no period

2»

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    I used to be very regular at 28 days. Then when I was about 45 or so I would go several months with 21 day cycles, then 30 or 31 days and then anywhere in between. Then it leveled off again to being pretty regular for several years. Then when I was like 50 it was sometimes 6 weeks in between. Then I started skipping months. In 2014, I had one in April, then didn't have one again until September, then every 2 weeks through November. Then it stopped. Maybe I'm done, and maybe I'm not. It is very frustrating when you were used to it being regular to having surprises all the time.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    I was irregular for about a year and had been regular most of last year, every 24-28 days. November 1 was the beginning of my last period, 62 days later I get it. It's not as heavy as it has been and I'm just waiting for the dam to break and the flood. The not knowing when to expect it is frustrating. I'm going on a beach vacation in March so I guess I will have to be very prepared.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I was irregular for about a year and had been regular most of last year, every 24-28 days. November 1 was the beginning of my last period, 62 days later I get it. It's not as heavy as it has been and I'm just waiting for the dam to break and the flood. The not knowing when to expect it is frustrating. I'm going on a beach vacation in March so I guess I will have to be very prepared.
    Heh. I know that feeling.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Just woke up to cramps, and a bit of spotting. Excuse me???? lol
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member

Ugh! Day 1 again! Hang in there sistah the end has to be near....lol
  • Sabine_Stroehm

Ugh! Day 1 again! Hang in there sistah the end has to be near....lol

It better be! My blood work has shown me post menopausal for quite a while now lol!
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Mine is off and on. One thing I've noticed is that if I am working out consistently my periods or very light if at all. If I am not exercising - oh my goodness!! - I'm afraid to stand up for fear of gushing. (sorry - tmi!!) I wish my body would just wrap up this whole thing and move on :)
  • Bikerchickmomma
    Bikerchickmomma Posts: 99 Member
    The "experts" say if you go for 12 consecutive months without a period, you should be done with them. The other symptoms can linger longer. Hang in there.