Need advice on starting working out to tone up!

Options
13»

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,967 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    Yeah, that's a lot of stuff, geez.

At that point, I'd be graduating to barbell work. Those are like...2 hour+ workouts, which is overkill.

Ain't nobody got time fo' that.
    I'll just do the first 2 stages. Maybe when I get to the third I'll break off the accessory/HIIT into a different day. If it takes me longer than 45min, I don't have time for it. Kids need stuff, and I have things to get done.

I checked out the "for ladies" version of YAYOG from the library. "Body by You." I'm going to take notes on the program so I have it to consult when I'm done with NROLFW. It's supposed to take 30 min.

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    KetoGirl83 wrote: »
    I'm looking at freeletics.com (thanks @wabmester!) and it looks very good. I need concrete guidance, do this, don't do that. I need to start somewhere, I have not done any structured exercise in more than 20 years. I want exercise to be my New Year's resolution and I want to keep it.

Yeah. I'll be looking at that after I finish reading NROLRW. I've been doing dumbbells again. It just takes too darn much time. 45min of workout time supposedly for the routine but takes an hour to complete in juggling the weight changes and setting up the set. Pffft. I have stuff I have to get done. Bodyweight stuff takes 30 min. I HATE pushups so bad, and inclined rows (inclined pullups) but I hate making supper be late because I'm busy slinging weights around while dodging the 4-year-old. I think he's trying to kill me...

And holding the dumbbells on my shoulders during leg work bruises me something awful.

Wait, how much does the 4 year old weigh? Can you put belts around his body at the arms and legs and use him as a barbell? ;)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,967 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    I'm looking at freeletics.com (thanks @wabmester!) and it looks very good. I need concrete guidance, do this, don't do that. I need to start somewhere, I have not done any structured exercise in more than 20 years. I want exercise to be my New Year's resolution and I want to keep it.

Yeah. I'll be looking at that after I finish reading NROLRW. I've been doing dumbbells again. It just takes too darn much time. 45min of workout time supposedly for the routine but takes an hour to complete in juggling the weight changes and setting up the set. Pffft. I have stuff I have to get done. Bodyweight stuff takes 30 min. I HATE pushups so bad, and inclined rows (inclined pullups) but I hate making supper be late because I'm busy slinging weights around while dodging the 4-year-old. I think he's trying to kill me...

And holding the dumbbells on my shoulders during leg work bruises me something awful.

Wait, how much does the 4 year old weigh? Can you put belts around his body at the arms and legs and use him as a barbell? ;)

He's 45lb.
    I DO have duct tape... hmmm.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »

He's 45lb.
    I DO have duct tape... hmmm.

After about a week, you will be putting him on a bulking diet to keep up with your strength progression needs.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Hahaha yall are cracking me up
  • deksgrl
    Options

I checked out the "for ladies" version of YAYOG from the library. "Body by You." I'm going to take notes on the program so I have it to consult when I'm done with NROLFW. It's supposed to take 30 min.

I bought the e-book this afternoon, I'm going to check it out. I need something else I can do at home that doesn't take forever.