how is everyone doing??

Options
You are all so quiet!!!!

Replies

• boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm doing okay, I think. This is my 3rd week on the diet. We went camping last weekend and I didn't track my eating very well. It wasn't terrible, but I know there was more trail mix, nuts and granola than there probably should have been. ;) I also came home with a cold, which sapped my energy and will to fast, but I did anyway on Tuesday. Today I'm feeling much better. Planning on fasting again tomorrow. Tonight we're going out to a fundraising dinner with friends and I've already got my dinner planned out (splitting nachos and a hamburger with husband). I'll go over a little on my calories, but not too badly. I think I'm still on track to lose this week, but I guess I'll find out on Friday (my weigh in day).

Speaking of 5:2, I'm finding success with a small midday meal and then a flavorful dinner. As long as the dinner tastes good, I can live with the small portion.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Camping is so much fun. Honestly I'm sure the walking and building fires and tossing and turning cause you're uncomfortable burns more calories anyway.
    I fasted on Sunday and Tuesday and I'm thinking of doing another one on Friday.
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I suspect we are all frantically getting ready for the holiday. I had a great fast yesterday and am planning on doing one tomorrow and Saturday. I haven't been very consistent lately and the scale reflected my lax attitude. I tried something different...spreading out my calories yesterday helped tremendously! I'm trying that again tomorrow to get me back to my fighting weight ;)
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I haven't had a good sit down with my computer in a few weeks. I'm on here less ever since I turned in my thesis.

Things could be better... Ever since the two birthdays for my hubby and son happened early this month I have really struggled. No proper fasts (only have made my fast 500 number when I minus my calories burned during the day). I am afraid I may not get back in the swing of things until after the holidays. My kids are off this Friday and it will be nothing but sweets and eating out. I will try my best to get some low cal days in there, and not feel too guilty. If I manage to either maintain or gain a few I will be happy.

Happy holidays everyone! :):p:#
  • BeautyNovice
    BeautyNovice Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well. This is my second week of IF. I haven't struggled on my fasting days. I eat breakfast and then don't eat the remainder of the day. And I'm generally fine on my eating days. This week I'm traveling for business, which usually spells doom for me, but I've been fine so far. I had one business social dinner, definitely went over on my calories that day, but I typically still have a bit of a deficit on my eating days, and I plan to do a half fast this weekend (not eating after lunch on Saturday) just to make sure I'm on track. Plan to do the same Christmas week so that I can fully enjoy Christmas dinner without guilt but continue to progress. I'm really active these days, so that definitely helps. I get to eat the full 2000 calories on eating days and I'm still at a deficit with my level of activity. Because I've been traveling, I haven't been able to weigh or measure, but I'll do that on Sunday and really see how things are going.

Joy and blessings!!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Last Thanksgiving (2014) was when I went off the rails. I just finished a 42 hour fast this morning with just a handful of wasabi peas at hour 16. It proves to me that I can still do it...but I know the key is getting my logging back on track (and my azz will follow). I'll enjoy the holidays and hopefully right this ship come 2016.

Good luck and happy holidays everyone.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've already gone off the rails. Just had to have 18 salt water taffys one of the kids brought home last night!! I think I've hit that plateau people talk about. I've also noticed that I'm really under my calories on most days without knowing until I log. I'm stuffed most days, so then I indulge in some chocolate and the next day I feel I've gained 5 lbs! I feel better generally eating less, but I know that's not the healthiest way to lose weight. Just gotta keep plugging on.

Love reading all the updates here! Where on earth does one go camping this time of year?? :#
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    So from what I can gather, Christmas time is really difficult on all of us.
    The stress, the copious amounts of yummy food and we're all really busy. Too busy to log properly.
    I wish I could find a magical cure.
    Hmmmm
    Ooh!!!! Tips!!!! I'll make a new topic on tips we use to get through tricky times
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm from New Orleans and it was in the 80's here last week (boo! hiss!)...I'm guessing camping is doable anywhere in the southern U.S. right now. ...oh yeah, and in the southern hemisphere where the seasons are flip-flopped (it's Summer now).
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    We were cabin camping, so only partially roughing it. B) I'm in the Northeast US, and it's been unseasonably warm here too. It was in the mid 60's during the day and mid 40's at night.
  • mamainthekitchen
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Must admit I am a little stressed so maybe that's why I'm wanting chocolate & candy. It depends on how well I slept the night before on how I deal with any issue, whether it be exercising or eating too many treats. So my tip? Go to bed early!

I'm just outside Vancouver - it's been a balmy 2 degrees C here all day and rain rain & more rain in the forecast! No camping here until May! Brrrrr!

Ps: the son brought home 2 free lg pizzas again tonight! I refrained! o:)
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fast days were Monday and Thursday this week. I wholeheartedly agree that with a flavorful dinner to look forward to, eating during the day is secondary. I tend to have as little as I can so I can have 400 calories or more at dinner. This week was a spaghetti Squash with bolognese. Cooking once Monday and reheating later in week ensures I won't be able to cheat.

Great part was waking up Tuesday and Friday, down 1 lb each day for total of 2 lbs this week. I'm on week 5 and was afraid the big leaps were not going to happen but it did this week.
  • dryheatfitness
    Options
    Must admit I am a little stressed so maybe that's why I'm wanting chocolate & candy. o:)

have you looked at low calorie hot cocoa mix or sugar free candy? It might be enough to get there the craving. I just go for yogurt or clementine (tangerines) which are on sale everywhere right now.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Yes, clementines most mornings and sometimes at night before my tea.. True that's an alternative, but nothing beats a Cadbury thick mint bar! Luckily MFP calculates out the squares so I can a least be honest and log it which I do. It's just this week (the week of plateauing, the week of being annoyed with the husband, kids & a few drivers out there) is the same week I ate not one but two whole chocolate mint bars and all this taffy! Whew! Venting is good!! Back to my clementines..... (I'll look for sugar free candy I know my store has some in bulk I could try....thx dryheatfitness)
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Another clementine fan here!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    This week I've consumed my share of desserts. Hovering slightly above my calorie goal. Most of those desserts are enjoyed for breakfast.....not the best way to start out a day but if I just hurry up and eat them then they're gone! Although, if I baked less.......... hmmm!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to stick with it during December, but I'm ready to get going again next week!
  • dryheatfitness
    Options
    Last week was 1 fast day only. Yesterday was first of the week this week (2nd is planned for tomorrow so I can toast in the New Year). Today's weigh in showed a half pound gain (which I call even) so I've just taken a 1 week hiatus. I'm sure to be at/under my last weigh in by 12/31.
  • dryheatfitness
    Options
    I haven't been able to stick with it during December, but I'm ready to get going again next week!

That's the spirit! Best part of this plan is it's a new way of living and you can live life when needed and not be a disappointment to yourself.
  • dryheatfitness
    Options
    This week I've consumed my share of desserts. Hovering slightly above my calorie goal. Most of those desserts are enjoyed for breakfast.....not the best way to start out a day but if I just hurry up and eat them then they're gone! Although, if I baked less.......... hmmm!

Breakfast today for me was oatmeal and a Snicker doodle cookie with my coffee. Hard to resist.