Getting Started

Options

Replies

• emanismom
    emanismom Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello, I have just received the fix containers, but the person who bought them as a gift did not purchase the whole program. I plan on going to yoga and the gym everyday for a 1 hour class, but could someone help me with meal planning for the 1800-2099 range? I don't mind having only 2 or 3 meal choices for each meal time (it would actually be easier for me). Also, I will drink shakes for the snack each day. Thank you :) in advance.
  • emanismom
    emanismom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So far I have egg muffin (1 egg, 1 piece of turkey bacon, spinach and fresh salsa) with a sandwich thin and a fruit for breakfast, chicken breast with either a a salad or with sweet potatoes and broccoli for lunch, and I am stumped for dinner. Any help you all can give is appreciated.
  • vnorris25
    vnorris25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just got back into the swing of things today and (re)started the 21-day fix extreme. I got the program free from a friend, and I really wish it wasn't extreme! lol but I'm determined to make it work with modifications! Like most of you, my biggest challenge is the meal plan. It's not that I don't know what types of food to eat, I've done a lot of reading on good fats, bad fats, good carbs, bad cards, blah blah blah, but I struggle coming up with lunches for work that I don't grow tired of. Anyway, I would love to join the group and get some support!
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    vnorris25 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I just got back into the swing of things today and (re)started the 21-day fix extreme. I got the program free from a friend, and I really wish it wasn't extreme! lol but I'm determined to make it work with modifications! Like most of you, my biggest challenge is the meal plan. It's not that I don't know what types of food to eat, I've done a lot of reading on good fats, bad fats, good carbs, bad cards, blah blah blah, but I struggle coming up with lunches for work that I don't grow tired of. Anyway, I would love to join the group and get some support!

Welcome to the group!! I have the original..not ready for the extreme...Lol.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    emanismom wrote: »
    So far I have egg muffin (1 egg, 1 piece of turkey bacon, spinach and fresh salsa) with a sandwich thin and a fruit for breakfast, chicken breast with either a a salad or with sweet potatoes and broccoli for lunch, and I am stumped for dinner. Any help you all can give is appreciated.

Are you entering your meals into MFP so you will know how many calories you are eating? Also, did you get the book with the containers? It has a list of foods in it that corresponds with each color container.
  • ticker1999
    ticker1999 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the original 21 Day Fix program, and I'm struggling with getting going on it. I'm so used to counting everything out, that it's a definite mind shift for me. I've been doing the weight loss for so long, including writing meal plans out, but this is going to take some getting used to.
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Juli. My first round with 21 Day Fix I lost 6 pounds and was only sort of working out. On Sunday just started my 2nd round of 21DF and am also doing T25, with another group here in MFP. I don't go by any structured "menu" or meal plan. I use the containers and eat very healthy, so just going by my regular food and leftovers. I love ideas, giving and getting. Thanks!
  • Rocketkandee
    Rocketkandee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started the 21 Day fix on 1/4/16. I really like the idea of this program. But I'm struggling with the meal planning & converting meals from the meals the rest of my family is eating. I'm hoping with the support of this group & documenting in the MFP will really help ensure my success. I look forward to any ideas or recipe swaps with this group. Here's to the new us in the new year!
  • jmsouth5
    Options
    Having a daughter with food allergies, we eat healthier now. I just use my regular cooking and work it in with the portion containers. I don't go by either the T25 or the 21DF meal plans or spices (daughter). My thinking is, if you eat healthy, no tater tots and pigs-in-a-blanket for dinner kind of meals, and the portions are the key!! For me that REALLY put me straight. My portions were out of control. I don't "diet", I just eat better. Very little processed foods, no crackers, chips, hot dogs (tell me of a healthy one and I'll get it!). Very little red meat. Primarily chicken, ground turkey and pork, all lean. I grill or bake instead of fry. Kinda boring meals, but I'm kinda simple with foods anyways. So that's my story, but always looking for ideas to spice up the menu. Pinterest is an excellent source of ideas!
  • jmsouth5
    Options
    Kunssj wrote: »
    I portioned my food for tomorrow and still have a ton of containers to use left anyone else have that problem?

How is the calorie count? And did you include snacks? I haven't had that problem, I seem to use up the protein count before dinner, need to incorporate more veggies into my day instead, but then my calories are too low. Pinterest is a great source for ideas for 21DF too!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    jmsouth5 wrote: »
    Kunssj wrote: »
    I portioned my food for tomorrow and still have a ton of containers to use left anyone else have that problem?

How is the calorie count? And did you include snacks? I haven't had that problem, I seem to use up the protein count before dinner, need to incorporate more veggies into my day instead, but then my calories are too low. Pinterest is a great source for ideas for 21DF too!

Thanks for the tips!! I'm gonna check out Pinterest. Yesterday I reached my calories but went over on my carbs. Carbs are always my problem area.
  • lindsayp79
    lindsayp79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Here are some 1800-2099 meal plans SWEETIEBRI. If there is something you don't like you can always exchange it out for something of the same color. My dinner is always 1 Green, 1 Red and 1 Yellow...sometimes I add a blue to it. Do you drink Shakeology?
  • lindsayp79
    Options
    Does everyone have the book to see what's approved?
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    I love Shakeology!! It's so expensive tho:) I wish I could afford it. I do have the book and that's what I use when planning my meals. I'm having trouble tho. If I reach my caloric goal, I tend to go over on carbs. When I don't reach my caloric goal, my carbs are within range. Any suggestions Lindsay??? Btw...thanks for the meal plans.
  • jetenold
    jetenold Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just got my kit in the mail so am going to start on Sunday!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    jetenold wrote: »
    Just got my kit in the mail so am going to start on Sunday!

Awesome!!
  • lindsayp79
    Options
    SweetieBri just go by what the program tells you. Don't worry about your calories. You figured out the range you should be in s
    o go by the amount of containers you need in each group.
  • lindsayp79
    Options
    I had lean steak, a red potato, green beans and asparagus for dinner. (1 Red, 1 Yellow 1 Green and some olive oil) So good! What did everyone else have?
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Thanks Lindsay!! Ok. I was focusing on the calories. :) I had tilapia, spinach and wheat bread with 1/4 c of cocktail sauce. Didn't know where the cocktail sauce fit :) (I think thats 2 green, 1 red and 1 yellow).